Truthiness

Profundity Up!

1 minute ago, Onidsen said:

Really? Cause the most I can see it doing is 2 direct damage with WAB. WAB only distributes half of the number of black hit icons. Not enough to even kill a flotilla. If you double arc and crit both times, then you can kill a flotilla with the direct damage. I'm ok with it.

Sato plus rapid reload plus external racks plus con fire says 8 black dice out the side.

1 minute ago, Onidsen said:

Really? Cause the most I can see it doing is 2 direct damage with WAB. WAB only distributes half of the number of black hit icons. Not enough to even kill a flotilla. If you double arc and crit both times, then you can kill a flotilla with the direct damage. I'm ok with it.

Ooops! Missed black! I was imagine up to 6 free damage. Lol

12 minutes ago, Squark said:

You have to get an Assault Frigate or Mc75 into distance one of Yavaris, then activate while having a squadron token. Certainly handy when you can pull it off, but it'll take time to line up. Plus you have to fly your delivery ship straight into the b-wing cloud to do it.

Hence the two contains?

11 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

And then look at the defence tokens. :) Still good, but thats the downside, and no engine techs or fighter coordination teams.

11 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

The defense tokens.

Yeeeeahhhh, but still. Id venture better than the Liberty, and for a few creds more. 

Off to amend my preorder... 

Looks exceptionally good! 

I was just thinking last night that Armada needed anti-clumping tools to give battles more variety. Right now we see tons of blob attacks for squadrons and ships. Also see the most powerful effects like Toryn and stuff need to be close range. 

----

Armada needs anti-clumping tools. 

Chaos Matrix - Experimental - 2pts - When an enemy ship in close-long range reveals a dial, you may change the top, unrevealed dial of all enemy ships within close range of that ship to match that dial. 

Gravity Well Generator Experimental - 4pts - Before deployment, place a Gravity Well token beyond distance 3 from any edge and any other token. 

Ships at close-mid to the Gravity Well token may only yaw straight or in the direction of the token. Squadrons at close range to the Gravity Well token lose 1 speed. 

Shockwave Cannons - Ion Cannon - 4pts - [crit]: Each ship within close range of the defender suffers 1 damage. 

Particle Aftershock - Ordnance - 3pts - [crit]: Each ship within the opposite hull zone and at close range to the defending hull zone suffers 1 damage.

Just now, geek19 said:

Sato plus rapid reload plus external racks plus con fire says 8 black dice out the side.

This is absolutely true - but ovinomanc3r was explicitly referring to a Kuat Star Destroyer, which has 3 black dice in the front and 2 in the side, with no option to increase them because you filled the ordnance slots with WAB. KSD + Avenger + WAB will be good but not OP.

The upgrade combination you bring up is certainly the best way to maximize WAB.

Just now, Onidsen said:

Actually, you can't do rapid reload + external racks + WAB. You get to pick any 2 - so probably ER and WAB. Still 7 dice, if you get a hit on all of them that's 4 direct damage.

And that Vapes a flotilla. IIRC, there's no defense tokens spending on their end either, so poof, no scatter!

Just now, geek19 said:

And that Vapes a flotilla. IIRC, there's no defense tokens spending on their end either, so poof, no scatter!

Yep. Not even Bright Hope. Also, I was wrong - you can't vape a flotilla with a KSD unless it's shield is already down or it's already damaged. You can get it to a place where a ram will kill it though.

And doesn't the defender get to declare the hull zone?

2 minutes ago, Onidsen said:

Yep. Not even Bright Hope. Also, I was wrong - you can't vape a flotilla with a KSD unless it's shield is already down or it's already damaged. You can get it to a place where a ram will kill it though.

And doesn't the defender get to declare the hull zone?

They do.

17 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Ok, i'm not seeing a downside to both MC75s - they seem amazing value for the points. Can someone show me a downside cos im struggling! :D

The defense tokens are poor and neither ship has a strong specialty prior to upgrades, which can become expensive as you decide you want it to really excel at something.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're pretty swell but there are some downsides to everything.

16 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

DOES EXODUS FLEET MAKE GARM MC30S A THING??

I THINK IT DOES.

If you go jankmaster, you could get 6 repair points from a token alone (2+MC title + Engineering Team + Redemption).

Definitely better with Projection Experts, I figure, as it makes ganging up on one of them not as strong as it would be otherwise.

3 minutes ago, shmitty said:

Is the Armored Cruiser the ship that can make Fire Control Teams work?  Blue Crits, Black Crits, and XX-9s for good measure.

The Armored Cruiser and the Kuat ISD both have a shot at it. The Kuat has the upside of Imperial commanders that provide better dice control (Screed and Vader) and the Armored Cruiser has the upside of all three weapon slots.

3 minutes ago, Irishmadcat said:

Caitken and Shollan  making assualt frigates relibale ackbar platforms?

I think there's an argument for an Ackbar Assault Frigate with Caitken and Shollan, Intel Officer, and Enhanced Armament. With concentrate fire, that's 7 red dice with a targeted reroll and a real hate-on for a specific defense token.