Truthiness

Profundity Up!

1 hour ago, GammonLord said:

As an aside, are we expecting a proper Chimera preview or was the earlier general article considered that?

The Pryce article said to expect a Chimaera and Profundity article:

” What else will we find in the ChimaeraExpansion Pack and Profundity Expansion Pack? We'll take a closer look in our next previews, so stay tuned! “

Edited by Drasnighta

3 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I have a Droid, and I'm not seeing "Armada fleets designer" when I search the app store....? Where's it at?

It's not in the store. Here's the Google+ community. You should be able to grab it from there. Make sure you have the 'allow apps from the web' checked in your settings.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094&ved=0ahUKEwjZ_rOdgMHYAhUHwYMKHbvnCs8QFghdMAQ&usg=AOvVaw0FChPQe0wesFBubjTcMkOs

14 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

Random musings

Wide Area Barrage is bad:

It just is.  Yeah, I get that it's not an attack and that they don't get to use defense tokens, but even for ships heavy on black dice it's only 2 damage.  You opponent also gets to choose what hull zones are taking the hits, so if you splash 2 damage on a flotilla twice, it's still alive with 1 hull and 1 shield left in two of its hull zones.  You could also end up in situations where you don't care about the potential splash targets making it a dead ordinance slot which is pretty painful considering how good some of the ordinance slots can be.  It also doesn't help you kill what you're shooting at.  The damage is just so trivial and there's so much competition for that slot that I really don't see people using this.  It might make Sato less meh (and good for him if it does), but my reflex is that if you get enough chances to roll black dice to get real work out of WAB, you've already won the game and the extra damage is just some salt in the wound.  To use a Hearthstone/Magic term, this is a "win more" card.

Jyn Erso is really good if you can pull it off:

While we haven't seen enough info about the raid tokens to come to a firm conclusion, it appears to be Slicer Tools on steroids i.e. with even less workarounds.  I'm curious if people will try to build for delivering her because an inopportune raid could really swing the game hard.

Caitken and Shollan are a big buff for Ackbar:

A super pickle that can re-roll any number of red dice is pretty ball busting and only gets worse if Toryn is around to also let you re-roll a blue at medium range.  It's some pretty hardcore dice fixing that can still be comboed with Concentrated Fire orders and tokens.

The MC-75's are really solid ships:

ECM's feel almost mandatory on these things (and a DCO wouldn't go amiss with that pair of contain tokens), but other than that, they're really solid ships.  It's a good generalist and a role that Rebel fleets didn't have the best ships for.  I'll probably pick up 2.

But what about Wide Area Barrage against squadrons? It's a solid flak upgrade, especially considering how many 3 hull squadrons you see flying around these days. 

Simply use a Flechette Raider to suppress squads, and then follow up with a Wide Area Barrage from a Raider to push some true damage through. 

22 minutes ago, ianediger said:

It's not in the store. Here's the Google+ community. You should be able to grab it from there. Make sure you have the 'allow apps from the web' checked in your settings.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094&ved=0ahUKEwjZ_rOdgMHYAhUHwYMKHbvnCs8QFghdMAQ&usg=AOvVaw0FChPQe0wesFBubjTcMkOs

Yeah, they won't let him list it on the app store because of "copyright infringement." It doesn't do so any more than any other builder, such as Battlescribe, but because it's dedicated just to Armada and has as such in the name, it throws up red flags.

2 hours ago, GammonLord said:

As an aside, are we expecting a proper Chimera preview or was the earlier general article considered that?

That was the wave announcement article. For reference: wave 6 announcementQuasar previewHammerhead preview, wave 6 releaseThe Grand Admiral Arrives was clearly marked as an announcement, it just gave more away about one box than the other, by happenstance or design.

27 minutes ago, Warlord Zepnick said:

But what about Wide Area Barrage against squadrons? It's a solid flak upgrade, especially considering how many 3 hull squadrons you see flying around these days. 

You've got to shoot a ship to trigger the splash, so it only works if you both get right up in a ship's face, and that ship has squadrons parked within close. If his squadrons move up before you move in, it's useless, so it's situation/meta dependent card that only works as anti-squadron against defensive flying - MC80s running Tycho/Shara, or Gallant Haven, or whatever. 

Edited by svelok

6 hours ago, Coldhands said:

The real problem with WAB is the same with gunnery team: You dont focus your fire, and a crippled ship does the same ammount of damage as an unscarred. If you compare its price and damage output to contrstants, apt deals flat 1 damage for 2,5x Points. Yes, dealing a crit damage has its advantages, but you might be tight on points. And this One doesnt have a damage cap. Even a gladiator1 can Kill a flotilla with the colletaral damage from its side(on a Lucky Day, 1 crit 4 hit on primary target, and a ram on flotilla). Its gonna be stong in Sato fleets, and on glad1-s. Obviously theres gonna be a hype after release, and Will see less play later.

WAB does half the number of hits, rather than the total number of hits.  Those 4 hits become 2 damage on the flotilla, resulting in 1 hull damage.

39 minutes ago, Valca said:

WAB does half the number of hits, rather than the total number of hits.  Those 4 hits become 2 damage on the flotilla, resulting in 1 hull damage.

Hit/crit is 1 hit too, making the total count 5, which is halved to 3. Its 2 hull damage then.

2 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

Hit/crit is 1 hit too, making the total count 5, which is halved to 3. Its 2 hull damage then.

Crits aren't counted, only the number of black Hit icons.   Four black dice can not have more than 4 total black Hit icons.

7 minutes ago, Valca said:

Crits aren't counted, only the number of black Hit icons.   Four black dice can not have more than 4 total black Hit icons.

I think he's assuming concentrate fire

Which makes a potential 5 hit icons

52 minutes ago, Onidsen said:

I think he's assuming concentrate fire

Which makes a potential 5 hit icons

Thank you for clearing this up, yes, I meant with CF what I didnt mention in my post. I thought he meant the hit/crit doesnt count towards the number of hits. Bit if a miscommunication.

41 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Yup, I always use his for tournament print outs. He doesn't tend to update it with previews, though.

No he waits for things to become official.  But builds in all the back ground stuff.  So that it goes live right away.