Jadotch

Latest attempt at an Eaden Vrill list (YT-2400)

In my on going quest to make Eaden Vrill viable ....

Eaden Vrill YT-2400 (32)
Arc Caster (2)
Cassian Andor (2)
Anti-Pursuit Laser (2)

Zeb Orrelios Sheathipede (16)
Chopper (0)
R3-A2 (2)
Pulsed Ray Shields (2)

Poe Dameron X-Wing T-70 (33)
Intensity (2)
BB-8 (2)
Advanced Optics (2)
Black One (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Total 100

Drop the Arc Caster and use Ezra instead of Zeb. Ezra can capitalize on the stress from R3-A2 and live longer. If you can find the points for Gunner on Ezra, then do that. 

If your goal is making Eaden Vrill effective, then Poe isn’t helping. I would switch him out for a tactician carrier to put as much stress on the table as possible. 

Edited by jmswood

37 minutes ago, jmswood said:

If your goal is making Eaden Vrill effective, then Poe isn’t helping. I would switch him out for a tactician carrier to put as much stress on the table as possible. 

Agreed. An ARC-170 perhaps. 

I'd agree with the Ezra switch (that's a huge amount of defense), but can see the logic behind Poe.  He's just an all-around strong ship, and he's got to be flown with something.  A R3-A2 carrier and a blocker isn't a terrible place to start, even if it's not the most common.

If we're playing "lets evaluate Poe's wingmen here" then I think that Eaden (once you ditch the low-value Arc Caster) is kinda nifty.  Cassian on a ship like a YT-2400 which is strong at blocking looks like it'll be fun.  Would Ion Projector be better than Anti-Pursuit Lasers?  I'm not sure which I prefer in general, but with potential stress being thrown around, having an opponent unable to clear it with an Ion move seems nice, and that'll let Eaden slip out next turn for a range 1 shot with 4 dice on the target.

Pulsed Ray Shield might be tricky with R3-A2.  A white Ion move won't let you clear stress, so you've got to be sure you'll like your arc.  I'm not sure if there's a better option, however.

I'd put in my two cents for VI Poe instead of Intensity if you've got Advanced Optics, but to each their own.  Intensity allows bursts with lots of actions followed by low-token recovery turns, while VI is just an always-on thing.  I can see it (having an evade as well against the initial missile volley is nice), but I'm not sure it's right for me personally.  But then you'd be the one flying the list anyhow :P

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I'd agree with the Ezra switch (that's a huge amount of defense), but can see the logic behind Poe.  He's just an all-around strong ship, and he's got to be flown with something.  A R3-A2 carrier and a blocker isn't a terrible place to start, even if it's not the most common.

If we're playing "lets evaluate Poe's wingmen here" then I think that Eaden (once you ditch the low-value Arc Caster) is kinda nifty.  Cassian on a ship like a YT-2400 which is strong at blocking looks like it'll be fun.  Would Ion Projector be better than Anti-Pursuit Lasers?  I'm not sure which I prefer in general, but with potential stress being thrown around, having an opponent unable to clear it with an Ion move seems nice, and that'll let Eaden slip out next turn for a range 1 shot with 4 dice on the target.

Pulsed Ray Shield might be tricky with R3-A2.  A white Ion move won't let you clear stress, so you've got to be sure you'll like your arc.  I'm not sure if there's a better option, however.

I'd put in my two cents for VI Poe instead of Intensity if you've got Advanced Optics, but to each their own.  Intensity allows bursts with lots of actions followed by low-token recovery turns, while VI is just an always-on thing.  I can see it (having an evade as well against the initial missile volley is nice), but I'm not sure it's right for me personally.  But then you'd be the one flying the list anyhow :P

Got Rid of the Arc Caster.

Took Ezra and put Nien Nunb crew to help stress relief.

Edited by Jadotch

Embrace the stress and take Hera crew. Ezra shoots kinda late to try gaining stress with his own shot before he is shot at. He can have a pile of it and always convert focus -> evade, while having unlimited access to his red moves.

I think he could make a fun bumper, and extra thermals to keep things stressed on top of Ezra mean you'll get the extra die often enough. This list is definite jank, but I don't know that's it's uncompetitive either.

Eaden Vrill — YT-2400    32
Intelligence Agent    1
Anti-Pursuit Lasers    2
Ship Total: 35

Captain Nym (Rebel) — Scurrg H-6 Bomber    30
Veteran Instincts    1
Extra Munitions    2
Harpoon Missiles    4
Thermal Detonators    3
Thermal Detonators    3
Trajectory Simulator    1
"Genius"    0
Guidance Chips    0
Havoc    0
Ship Total: 44

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle    17
A Score to Settle    0
Tactician    2
R3-A2    2
Ship Total: 21

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!93:-1,-1,40:-1:4:;254:27,-1,126,243,-1,181,181:53:25:U.245,u.117;277:197,61,69:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

i'll put this on the table for testing before the Barcelona's regional:

Ezra Bridger(25) [Ezra Bridger(17), Tactician(2), R3-A2(2), Snap Shot(2), Pulsed Ray Shield(2), Phantom II(0)]

Lowhhrick(37) [Lowhhrick(28), Tactician(2), C-3PO(3), Expertise(4)]

Eaden Vrill(38) [Eaden Vrill(32), Guidance Chips(0), Rey(2), Burnout Slam(1), Smuggling Compartment(0), Cruise Missiles(3)]

I think Eaden is only really viable if you basically only have stress mechanics active. I would support an Ezra/Stressbot/Gunner/Snap Shot build, and a Low with Tactician/seasoning alongside Eaden with Rey. Keep him trim.

This is my last evo on my stress list:

Captain Nym(40) [Captain Nym(30), Veteran Instincts(1), "Genius"(0), Extra Munitions(2), Thermal Detonators(3), Thermal Detonators(3), Havoc(0), Trajectory Simulator(1)]

Ezra Bridger(25) [Ezra Bridger(17), Stealth Device(3), R3-A2(2), Cool Hand(1), Sabine Wren(2), Phantom II(0)]

Eaden Vrill(38) [Eaden Vrill(32), Guidance Chips(0), Rey(2), Burnout Slam(1), Smuggling Compartment(0), Cruise Missiles(3)]

i'm not sure about the stealth on ezra, neither if he will be the first target. What do you think?

5 hours ago, Ninotik said:

i'm not sure about the stealth on ezra, neither if he will be the first target. What do you think?

I would never take Stealth Device where Pulsed Ray Shield is an option. Damage mitigation is damage mitigation, but Stealt Device costs 1 more point and you could lose it the first time you get shot.