KosherInfidel

New to Community, Newish to NDS, Eberron Junkie

Hello all!  Very excited to be here, very, very happy with how easily GEN/NDS allows me to capture the pulp-noir-intrigue-mystery-horror of Eberron!  I was using Savage Worlds, but with GEN/NDS, I can push forward with the Eberronesque nature of the setting with story and adventure at a rate and attitude that brings it more alive.  I got hot an creating an adaptation guide, taking some cues from others who are NDS and Eberron fans.  The link is included so I can learn from the community.  It is not perfect, it feels right now as more of a conversion, but that is not what NDS needs.  All feedback is welcome.  I have not been this excited about a system since '04.

UPDATE 7 Jan 2017: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfberht3wxintn5/GEN Eberron Guidebook Adaptation.pdf?dl=0

Scott

Co-Host Manifest.Zone podcast (Eberron with Keith Baker)

Edited by KosherInfidel

My first thoughts are as i looked at races and talents.

Looks really good the layout and the design.  I like it and brings back fond memories of my Eberron Campaign(s) both those played and those I wish I played.

Lowlight Vision and Dark Vision: Curious why you took the approach you did instead of what was in the book.  LowLight removing 1 Black and Dark Vision removing 2 Black.

Kalashtar seem to be weak compared to others.

Warforged seem to be low on the exp with one 3 and two 1. The fact you cant wear armor either seems to bring them down. And only Warforged named Amy can't be healed by normal spells :)

Warforged - " Aritificed Entity : No breathe, eat, sleep. Amy only be healed by Augment spells; " 

Talents - Mithril Plating? When can someone remove 2 Black dice?

Edited by GMTron
Pressed post too soon

55 minutes ago, GMTron said:

The fact you cant wear armor either seems to bring them down.

It doesn't really so long as they have an option to pick up Soak. They start with Defense 1 which is the same defense rating as Plate Armor. They just don't get the soak rating (which I might suggest adding at +1). That puts it half way between Chain and Plate.

1 hour ago, GMTron said:

My first thoughts are as i looked at races and talents.

Looks really good the layout and the design.  I like it and brings back fond memories of my Eberron Campaign(s) both those played and those I wish I played.

Lowlight Vision and Dark Vision: Curious why you took the approach you did instead of what was in the book.  LowLight removing 1 Black and Dark Vision removing 2 Black.

Kalashtar seem to be weak compared to others.

Warforged seem to be low on the exp with one 3 and two 1. The fact you cant wear armor either seems to bring them down. And only Warforged named Amy can't be healed by normal spells :)

Warforged - " Aritificed Entity : No breathe, eat, sleep. Amy only be healed by Augment spells; " 

Talents - Mithril Plating? When can someone remove 2 Black dice?

Thank you!

The vision was keeping in line with D&D, but I changed it to Lowlight removes 1 setback, Darkvision removes 2.

The Kalshtar were bolstered with: 

- Quick Tongue: Start with 1 Rank in Coercion.

- Fortified Ego: Impose  SETBACK  to all attempts to attack or harm the mind of a Kalashtar

- Bonus XP: 90

HAHAHAHA, good catch on Amy.  Ugh, changed to May.

Warforged XP adjusted to 100.

The Mithril plating for warforged imposes 2 setback to attackers.

Thank you for your help!

3 hours ago, Khaalis said:

It doesn't really so long as they have an option to pick up Soak. They start with Defense 1 which is the same defense rating as Plate Armor. They just don't get the soak rating (which I might suggest adding at +1). That puts it half way between Chain and Plate.

I did indeed follow advice and add Soak 1.

Thank you!

Great work, I love the look and feel of the material. 

My group just finished a Fallout Genesys game and I've been wanting to run Eberron in 5e, but I think I might use this to stick with Genesys.

Keep up the great work with the podcast!