Jump to content
vlad9969

Legacies release date

Recommended Posts

Per the latest article...

Quote
  • On January 11th, North American Star Wars: Destiny players will have access to limited quantities of Legacies, the Luke Skywalker Starter Set, and the Boba Fett Starter Set!

Celebrate the holiday season with brand-new Star Wars: Destiny products. While this special Holiday Preview Wave offers a sneak preview at our upcoming Star Wars: Destiny products, it is important to note that none of these cards will be legal for tournament play until the wide release of these products early in the first quarter of 2018, alongside the official Legacies launch kit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

my understanding from the last article its the full release.

But i could be wrong, since FFG likes to fudge this game's releases up hardcore.

Why start having flawless releases?  They are 3 for 3 on ****-ups, no need to improve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

And here I thought they were out.

I just received 2x Rey+Kylo starter sets, 2x Bobba Fet starters and 2x Luke Skywalker starters today !!!

....but I'm not an American :-) 

Star Wars Destiny.jpg

 

Sorry about the picture quality...I really need a newer phone, but guess where my money went :-)

Edited by Lindgaard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they changed the upcoming page (let the flames begin) to having legacies shipping now. It spent a whole two weeks on the boat (this should have been the official release). It could mean they decided the special preview release would just be the official release and all this nonsense of different releases all over the place, none of which is official, has finally come to an end. We haven't gotten the news article yet and may not for a few days about what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mep said:

Well they changed the upcoming page (let the flames begin) to having legacies shipping now. It spent a whole two weeks on the boat (this should have been the official release). It could mean they decided the special preview release would just be the official release and all this nonsense of different releases all over the place, none of which is official, has finally come to an end. We haven't gotten the news article yet and may not for a few days about what is going on.

1 week actually was all it spent On the Boat. And now the Upcoming page has the release as the 11th, but that's contradicted by their own articles and emails with OP which say it's a preview wave. Though stores seem to expect product as if it were a release.

But 1 week On the Boat and a contradicted release date really should put the nail in the coffin of the Upcoming page as a source of info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ScottieATF said:

1 week actually was all it spent On the Boat. And now the Upcoming page has the release as the 11th, but that's contradicted by their own articles and emails with OP which say it's a preview wave. Though stores seem to expect product as if it were a release.

But 1 week On the Boat and a contradicted release date really should put the nail in the coffin of the Upcoming page as a source of info.

No, it puts the nail in the coffin of FFG as a source for info. I think they are changing the official release to the 11th, hence all the wackoodo stuff with the upcoming page. It was tracking the later "official" shipment and now got changed to the preview shipment. Yeah, the distributor at least thinks this "limited supply" preview shipment has a lot of quantity to it so who the **** knows what they are doing. I am not sure they even know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mep said:

No, it puts the nail in the coffin of FFG as a source for info. I think they are changing the official release to the 11th, hence all the wackoodo stuff with the upcoming page. It was tracking the later "official" shipment and now got changed to the preview shipment. Yeah, the distributor at least thinks this "limited supply" preview shipment has a lot of quantity to it so who the **** knows what they are doing. I am not sure they even know.

I've only been playing SWD from FFG, never getting into another one of their games before...but from the last year of waiting/watching/listening/reading/etc., I have come to the conclusion that they generally make FANTASTIC games...but seem to utterly fail in the communication department.  Now, they are not alone in the gaming world on that front (Upper Deck, I'm looking at you!), but it has to be harming their overall market share.  I just can't even imagine how dominating they would be if they combined their obvious talent for game creation with a more robust and consistent communication department.  I don't know...my post history will show that communication is my number one issue with FFG and it just pains me to see it be an issue time...and time...and time again.  I just want them to do better. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, Mep said:

No, it puts the nail in the coffin of FFG as a source for info. I think they are changing the official release to the 11th, hence all the wackoodo stuff with the upcoming page. It was tracking the later "official" shipment and now got changed to the preview shipment. Yeah, the distributor at least thinks this "limited supply" preview shipment has a lot of quantity to it so who the **** knows what they are doing. I am not sure they even know.

1. They aren't changing the 11th to the official release. They've communicated this with venues running Regionals and via the product legality page. So that's just not accurate

2. You have no idea what it was ever tracking as it not at all accurate. Even the none preview wave didn't just go to the printer in November.

3. The distributors don't "think" this at this point. If they are shipping out the product for delivery Wednesday/Thursday, they already have it or it's already been shipped to them. In either situation they'd get a full accounting of what they are bringing in. So yeah they know. And they've been telling their retailers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ScottieATF said:

1. They aren't changing the 11th to the official release. They've communicated this with venues running Regionals and via the product legality page. So that's just not accurate

2. You have no idea what it was ever tracking as it not at all accurate. Even the none preview wave didn't just go to the printer in November.

3. The distributors don't "think" this at this point. If they are shipping out the product for delivery Wednesday/Thursday, they already have it or it's already been shipped to them. In either situation they'd get a full accounting of what they are bringing in. So yeah they know. And they've been telling their retailers.

 

 

I would hope at this point the distributors have the product in and can say for sure. Of course they were also telling people Dec 22, then Jan 4th, now Jan 11th.....

So FFG is telling people running regionals when the official product release date is? That is great news, what is that date? I'm pretty sure FFG can change the date to whatever they want. Seems they are just playing it by ear here, so who knows what they will do. The fact is once North America has the product that is basically all of their customers and it can go official any time after that date. There is still an eleven day window after the release for tournament organizers to prepare. They really wanted this release to happen back on Dec 15. Doesn't sound like they are holding anything back now.

Edited by Mep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mep said:

I would hope at this point the distributors have the product in and can say for sure. Of course they were also telling people Dec 22, then Jan 4th, now Jan 11th.....

So FFG is telling people running regionals when the official product release date is? That is great news, what is that date? I'm pretty sure FFG can change the date to whatever they want. Seems they are just playing it by ear here, so who knows what they will do. The fact is once North America has the product that is basically all of their customers and it can go official any time after that date. There is still an eleven day window after the release for tournament organizers to prepare. They really wanted this release to happen back on Dec 15. Doesn't sound like they are holding anything back now.

They've been telling venues that the 11th is not the official release that it is the "preview wave" and the official release will occur later. The only thing that has ever hinted otherwise has been the Upcoming page, adding to its unreliability. Every other mode of communication has said consistently that the 11th is not the official release date.

And no venues do not have 11 days to prepare, unless by venues you only mean Cascade Games running the GQ. Product is legal on release for non-premier events, which would include the currently ongoing Regionals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ramy said:

Previews are not legal for tournaments at all.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. According to FFG's Product Legality page... "New products available at the venue of Relaxed and Formal events may be deemed legal by the organizer, even if not yet released."

So, if a store that is hosting a Regional (Formal Tier Event) has Legacies product in-store on the day of the event, it can be declared legal for that specific event.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

Edited by jcangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jcangel said:

I don't think that's 100% accurate. According to FFG's Product Legality page... "New products available at the venue of Relaxed and Formal events may be deemed legal by the organizer, even if not yet released."

So, if a store that is hosting a Regional (Formal Tier Event) has Legacies product in-store on the day of the event, it can be declared legal for that specific event.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

that is a terrible ruling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destiny has become nothing but a joke. Don’t worry though as it is will continue to sell and people will continue to buy so no worries of the game going away. Just sad to see how Legacies has been handled with this news along with being released overseas almost a month early. Had two booster boxes and two of each starter sets preordered and just last week canceled it all. I will stick with buying singles as I am slowly getting out of Destiny which is sad as I was buying booster boxes and collection sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NA release of Legacies is 2/1/2018, according to the article they posted yesterday. The 11th is still on track for the "holiday preview".
 

The Legacies set for Star Wars: Destiny is scheduled to release February 1st. All of its new cards and strategies will soon be available for tournaments and casual play. The time to get ready is now.


Source: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/discover-your-legacy/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...