Sorastro

Sorastro's Painting

1 minute ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Also what does this have to do with painting or legion? Not sure what point this guy was trying to make or why I should care.

Sorastro's vids have to be cleared by lfl (disney licensing) before he can release them as he's commisioned by ffg for them.

43 minutes ago, OMGBRICK said:

I think he’s implying that Disney is going over Sorastro’s videos with a fine tooth comb looking for any phallic inconsistencies and that’s why it’s taking so long

It's one of the reasons everthing the mouse has a finger in takes so long around here.

As has been mentioned with several of these vids, lfl can hold up info releases anywhere from days to a few weeks.......

While we all know Sorastro wont be doing anything inappropriate with Vader's lightsaber while painting it, Disney is very protective of their brand. So yes, someone out there is getting paid real money to watch Sorastro's videos now. Congrats to Sorastro for becoming a Disney content provider. You have some excellent company there.

18 hours ago, Sorastro said:

Hey NukeMaster! 

I've been sitting on the next episodes for a couple of weeks now but can't release them until they pass through an approval process that is beyond my control.  Rest assured I'll release them as soon as I can (they'll cover the Stormtroopers and the Speeder Bikes, with Vader to follow later in March). :)

Can't wait to see vader video! Dark figures (specially with this contrast between the armour, robes and saber light) are the most difficult i think. Really like your work on the IA vader but now you can get it to another level i guess. Thanks for all the stuff.

Edited by naitsirk

15 hours ago, Ralgon said:

Sorastro's vids have to be cleared by lfl (disney licensing) before he can release them as he's commisioned by ffg for them.

Or they just have to be approved by FFG, for the same reason.

18 hours ago, Mep said:

While we all know Sorastro wont be doing anything inappropriate with Vader's lightsaber while painting it, Disney is very protective of their brand. So yes, someone out there is getting paid real money to watch Sorastro's videos now. Congrats to Sorastro for becoming a Disney content provider. You have some excellent company there.

He'll be painting a princess next!

1 minute ago, Egilius said:

@Sorastro Thanks!

Was looking forward for this one.

Switching to painting in shading with grey paint works better for you then the washes you used in the I.A. video's?

Hi Egilius!

Good question!  I think there's a trade off to be made; with the Legion Stormtroopers I really wanted to avoid the most arduous part of painting white armour - which is building the white up in multiple layers, which is necessary after shading with a dark wash.  The trade off is that we're then left manually darkening the recesses (although as mentioned in the video, even this isn't really essential).  However, the increased scale and clarity of the Legion models make this a fair bit easier than with the smaller IA miniatures, so for me this seems like the most sensible approach. 

I also wanted to achieve a cleaner look than I did with the IA Stormtroopers (although I did of course add some selective weathering) which is hard to achieve when throwing a wash on (or using the dry brush technique) :)