Sorastro

Sorastro's Painting

Thank you Maestro!  Sublime work as always!

While I would have rather seen the Impeiral forces in their heroic grandeur by your skilled hands first, it occurs to me that you did the Rebels initially to help identify the traitorous scum so they can be swiftly dealt with.

You are ever The Emperor’s Loyal Painter Laureate.   

[Gingerly signals the ISB NOT to line up Sorastro against the wall for firing squad.]

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Great to see a second video, I love your work. I'm using your IA Stormtrooper guide to learn to paint - I picked up a few practice IA troopers to prepare for legion.

Looking forward to more videos from you. Also, in regards to the new Rebel video, its nice to see the pieces apart, as well as how they easily snap together!

Thanks a lot folks!  I really appreciate the kind words :)

17 minutes ago, Sirdrasco said:

Yep, these are excellent guides. They teach the basics and some advance techniques.

Thanks Sirdrasco!  I'm glad you noticed that because I decided early on that for Legion I was really going to have push the differentiation (to use the teaching terminology!) to try and cater for the absolute beginner but also the more experienced painter.  So many gamers learned to paint with Imperial Assault and are new really good painters, and I really want to ensure that each video has value for as many viewers as possible. :)

Just now, Nihm said:

Hey Sorastro! :) I started a thread about base sizes. Can you quickly measure the Infantry base size? I'm thinking 32mm?

Hey Nihm!  Sure - the foot of the infantry base measures 27mm and the AT-RT measures 70mm (I haven't measured the others yet) :)

2 minutes ago, The Black Man said:

Thank you Sorastro!

It's amazing to see your painting skills in action once again.

You keep refining them and it's such a boost in painting joy that you continue to inspire new painters to give it a go.

Thanks mate!  :)

Thanks a lot sir!  I really appreciate that :)

2 minutes ago, Sirdrasco said:

Perhaps a guide on what they need to start painting. Brushes, paints, and supplies.

There is a good thread on this already I think.

Thank you Sorastro! 

I have to say your videos for IA have been inspiring (even if I have not yet put them to use). 

I was excited when Legion was announced, but was a bit nervous about having to paint the miniatures, seeing as it has been since at least 2000/2001 since I was painting any miniatures.  When I found your IA videos I was inspired that I could handle it, and even improve on what I was doing back when I was paiting.

I would like to point out here that Sorastro does his own music for his videos.

I would also like to categorically state that part of me wishes Sorastro is code name for a worldwide secret cabal (like SPECTRE, the Masons or the Republican Party) but one comprised of protégé artists because all that talent coming from one source is near sinful. 

7 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Sorastro, for the AT-RT can you confirm whether the main weapon is pegged in allowing weapon swapping if someone doesn't magnetize it or something that needs to be glued in? 

Hi there!  I found that the AT-RT weapons can be dry fitted but they aren't especially secure.  My solution?  A small piece of poster putty works just fine :)

6 hours ago, Jabby said:

How tall are the minis?

Hi Jabby!  The height of each individual trooper varies from one to the next but for reference, that Duros you can see is 35mm tall - the same as Luke (not including the base).

35 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:
I would like to point out here that Sorastro does his own music for his videos.

I would also like to categorically state that part of me wishes Sorastro is code name for a worldwide secret cabal (like SPECTRE, the Masons or the Republican Party) but one comprised of protégé artists because all that talent coming from one source is near sinful. 

Lol sir - I wish there were multiple Sorastros so I could get so much more done ! (And thanks :) )