Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Is it time for FFG to State: Reinforce tokens count as evades tokens for game effects?

No.

Wookies aren’t broken. In spam they can be annoying but that doesn’t inherently mean they have to be nerfed.

For those demanding an errata - what list type or types does the walking carpet actually suppress? I don’t see it. It’s not like Dengaroo or Deadeye scouts or the nasty things that came before it. It’s just good. Not broken, just good. I’d argue any other decent list flown well or better than will still have a shot at winning. 

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

No.

Wookies aren’t broken. In spam they can be annoying but that doesn’t inherently mean they have to be nerfed.

For those demanding an errata - what list type or types does the walking carpet actually suppress? I don’t see it. It’s not like Dengaroo or Deadeye scouts or the nasty things that came before it. It’s just good. Not broken, just good. I’d argue any other decent list flown well or better than will still have a shot at winning. 

I think you correct that Wookies are not broken, I just wish there was a counter to them.  The problem is that they are SO efficient it is hard for any list to beat a well flown/thought out wookie build.  Plus Lowhrick being generally frustrating to deal with and propping up a lot of rebel jank.

Making the reinforce token affected by Wes/Palob/Jamming/Scramblers..etc.. is not much of a nerf to the wookie and would bring it down to a managable level of efficiency.  Also it would make these upgrades and ships actually useful!  I would have a reason to take Jamming Beam over Tractor then!

21 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Making the reinforce token affected by Wes/Palob/Jamming/Scramblers..etc.. is not much of a nerf to the wookie and would bring it down to a managable level of efficiency.  Also it would make these upgrades and ships actually useful!  I would have a reason to take Jamming Beam over Tractor then!

Although that in turn breaks reinforce on epic ships that really need all the help thy can get.

9 hours ago, hawk32 said:

That's obviously not true.

Then how do you explain entire FAQs of Nothing but Nerfrattas? OH yeah the Heavy Scyk title when the C-roc came out. Nope only buffed because it was getting rereleased. But no quality of life erratas.

Yup it is obviously true, you are obviously in denial. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, jmswood said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an EPT that cancelled an evade result after the defender modifies defense dice? And wouldn’t it be great if it only cost 1 point?

We don’t need an errata to Reinforce. If you’re soiling your shorts over Wookiee canoes, bring Crack Shot. Bring multiple and focus fire.

I would be on board for more cards like Crack Shot. Maybe a version that doesn’t discard after use, but has a some other drawback. A token system like extra munitions for discard EPT’s would be nice. 

Duuude.  I think you just came up with the Wedge Antilles crew card!

Wedge Antilles  (5 pts. Crew)

Rebel Only

Place an Talent token on each elite pilot talent equipped to a ship in your squad.  If a friendly equipped elite pilot talent would be discarded, discard the Talent token on it instead.

Suddenly all those 1 point discard EPT's start to look a lot more viable (I mean, we all know it would only be used for Crack Shot, but still).

16 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Duuude.  I think you just came up with the Wedge Antilles crew card!

Wedge Antilles  (5 pts. Crew)

Rebel Only

Place an Talent token on each elite pilot talent equipped to a ship in your squad.  If a friendly equipped elite pilot talent would be discarded, discard the Talent token on it instead.

Suddenly all those 1 point discard EPT's start to look a lot more viable (I mean, we all know it would only be used for Crack Shot, but still).

It’s a solid idea, but it’s too good to be limited to 1 faction. Maybe Fenn Rau crew? Mandalorian elite pilot that worked for the Empire and Rebellion.