Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Is it time for FFG to State: Reinforce tokens count as evades tokens for game effects?

So what does everyone think.     Is it time for FFG to state Reinforce tokens, count as Evade tokens for game effects.

This makes Bullseye arcs useful, and many other abilities, and crew against this token.      I'm not saying you have to spend it, you still get to keep it and use it for every shot as normal, but effects would actually work against it?

5 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

It's not worth it in my opinion. You'd cripple the main defensive ability of Huge ships for the sake of slightly nerfing one small gunship full of walking carpets.

So you cripple the main defensive ability of a cool thing in an alternate game mode to make the main game type more fun, competitive and balanced?  Seems legit to me! 
I need Wes Janson to strip Reinforce tokens.

9 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

So you cripple the main defensive ability of a cool thing in an alternate game mode to make the main game type more fun, competitive and balanced?  Seems legit to me! 

It's a minor edit to one ship versus crippling the main feature of a game mode. I don't think that trade is worth it.

2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I don’t get why you guys think it has to be all or nothing. Reinforce was never intended for small ships so to errata the reinforce token to be an evade for all non-huge base ships is honestly pretty easy to see.

Given they printed a special reinforce token, made new rules and made cards that reference small ship reinforce I doubt they'll ditch it now.

Just now, Firespray-32 said:

Given they printed a special reinforce token, made new rules and made cards that reference small ship reinforce I doubt they'll ditch it now.

These are the people who made an OP piece of garbage and let it reign for over a year on more than one occasion so you are probably right. It wouldn’t be a hard fix to seperate them though.

5 minutes ago, wurms said:

They just need a cannon/missile that only works on small or large ships that includes reinforce token. Hmmm, jamming beam and scrambler missiles woulda been nice!

EDIT: If you mean a weapon that targets reinforce tokens exclusively that'd be a silver bullet - useless if the enemy doesn't bring an Auzituck. FFG have, rightly, avoided making those at every opportunity.

If you mean a weapon that can target reinforce tokens amongst other things but doesn't work on Huge Ships that could work.

Edited by Firespray-32

5 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

EDIT: If you mean a weapon that targets reinforce tokens exclusively that'd be a silver bullet - useless if the enemy doesn't bring an Auzituck. FFG have, rightly, avoided making those at every opportunity.

If you mean a weapon that can target reinforce tokens amongst other things but doesn't work on Huge Ships that could work.

Basically jamming beam and scrambler missiles that include the reinforce token along with focus,evade,blue locks. And the beam and scramblers should of had the pre-text (cannot attack Huge ships). This makes it so wookiees have to figure out another way to get a token to lose if up against these weapons, by either having a targeting computer and someone coordinating, or rey crew to bring a focus token, etc.

They could errata those abilities to remove "green tokens" and define in the FAQ that "green tokens" include focus, evade, and reinforce. 

This would allow them to add future "green tokens" later that could still interact with old abilities. All they would need to do upon release is add the new token to the definition in the FAQ. 

1 hour ago, AngryAlbatross said:

So, like, us losers in the alternate game mode had no problem with the Reinforce action for YEARS.

Now, because the lame *** meta has been distorted by porting over a previously EPIC ONLY mechanic it's just fine to **** over our version of the game??

Ooooooooo, I hate 100/6.

Edited by Darth Meanie

9 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

So, like, us losers in the alternate game mode had no problem with the Reinforce action for YEARS.

Now, because the lame *** meta has been distorted by porting over a previously EPIC ONLY mechanic it's just fine to **** over our version of the game??

Ooooooooo, I hate 100/6.

Reinforce should have never have been brought into 100/6. I feel your pain.

Have to say, I really like this idea. It's elegant, simple, and doesn't introduce a ton of power creep through weird "fix" cards (a la Harpoons). @LordFajubi has the right idea as well - you can make the nerf non-huge-ship only. 

It also makes Homing Missiles a little better, which is nice because then there's actually a third choice for missiles. Maybe. 

Edited by Kieransi

Wookies just aren't that scary, guys.  I've gone up against many, many variations of the gunship spam lists and have yet to lose against a single one in tournaments.  Letting effects get around their reinforce would be a needless nerf to a ship that isn't a problem.  Once you get behind them they are pretty much screwed.  Also, you can totally cancel their reinforce tokens by blocking them. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was an EPT that cancelled an evade result after the defender modifies defense dice? And wouldn’t it be great if it only cost 1 point?

We don’t need an errata to Reinforce. If you’re soiling your shorts over Wookiee canoes, bring Crack Shot. Bring multiple and focus fire.

I would be on board for more cards like Crack Shot. Maybe a version that doesn’t discard after use, but has a some other drawback. A token system like extra munitions for discard EPT’s would be nice.