Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Does Armada need Lucrehulk?

1 minute ago, Shadow345 said:

Should they introduce the ship (The trade federation ships from the prequels) into one of the two existing factions for Armada?

And which one?

I think you could get away with putting CIS ships in wh Rebels and Republic ships in with the Empire.

However, someone here (JJ?) posted a faction wheel that could be a good way of introducing the new factions (both sequel and prequel). I can’t post pictures here, anyone else have it?

Isn't the Lucrehulk colossal though?  I understand it would be in the same weight class as a Finalizer or Raddus sized vessel.

I would warmly receive some retrofitted CW capital ships for both sides.  Why not.  I think we'll see sequel before prequel though.

Separatist holdout faction or something.  Put all the ships from the prequels there.  Most of the Republic stuff has been put into the Imperials anyway.  Then people can be happy and get their prequel stuff.

Imps then have the Acclamator and Venator buy in the future.

1 hour ago, MandalorianMoose said:

I think you could get away with putting CIS ships in wh Rebels and Republic ships in with the Empire.

However, someone here (JJ?) posted a faction wheel that could be a good way of introducing the new factions (both sequel and prequel). I can’t post pictures here, anyone else have it?

Very interested in that faction wheel. Let me know if anyone digs it up?

It goes around in a circle and grants the ability to use some (but not all) cards from factions next to it on the wheel. Would help introduce new factions without the need for like 4+ ships and a squad pack right out the gate for each one, while also freeing design space for resistance bombers that could be kept from Yavaris abuse.

I think it went CIS-Resistance-Rebellion-Republic-Empire-First Order

I wouldn’t mind a CIS faction as it’s known not all CIS forces were droids. Realistically the empire should have spent at least a few years fighting hold outs & pacifying devoted CIS worlds. 

But I agree with a previous poster, I don’t want to be forced to buy CIS ships just for the cards. That’s a sure fire way to alienate a fan base.

Posted (edited)

I mean, the Lucrehulk, is pretty much the only Rebel answer to the SSD...

There, now epic play for both sides!

You know, I don't think it would be imbalanced if epic ships are only allowed to "officially" duel each other by themselves, or one/two other ships, and squadrons.

Separate "standard" and "epic" play modes into their own tournament brackets. Put out tournament kits for each. Maybe not quarterly for epic, but bi-yearly. To keep things simple on a national level, don't do a "worlds", or "nationals", for "epic" level play.

Edited by Karneck

yes it does

In the Tarkin book Rebel cells used old Confederacy ships or parts of them. FFg could even use that as a basis to make their own designs 

10 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Well, on the nowvdefunct EU, it was stated that the rebellion did have at least one Lucrehulk battleship.

to go along with the other CIS ships they either stole or smashed from mothball....

Yep, although i remember reading somewhere that they were also used by the Empire as prison ships.  Of course, nowadays, who knows what passes for canon.