Erion_Fett

Snoke Crew Ideas from The Last Jedi

Recently I have seen again TLJ film and I imagined the Snoke Crew Card:

<Supreme Leader Snoke (1p). <Crew><Crew>: During setup, before the "Place Forces" step, you must choose 1 enemy ship and 1 friendly ship and Assign the "I can sense your thoughts" condition card.>

<"I can sense your thoughts": Each time this ship is assigned a focus or stress token, you must assign the same token to other ship with the same condition. >

Basically, an attani mindlink but between an enemy and friendly ship. At first I thought this would be simply funny and lorewise, but next I thought "Hey... this can be usable, in a ship with Advanced Optics, or tomax bren with Cool Hand" for example. 

Love the idea! I think it opens a lot of opportunities to the Imperial players to mess with your opponent's ships... Also, it would be a great addition to those tasty thematic lists :D

Action: Assign the "True Nature of the Force" condition card to an enemy ship at range 1-2.

True Nature of the Force: When attacking, roll two fewer attack dice. When attacking, if you would roll 4 attack dice without this card, you may remove this card and receive two stress tokens. 

I like your idea

Here's mine: When you are dealt a face up damage card, you may discard Snoke or another Crew card to flip that damage face down. The ship that dealt the face up damage card gains the condition, "I'll Show You the Dark Side" if Kylo Ren is in play in either player's squad.  Discard other "I'll Show You the Dark Side" conditions if any are in play in either player's squad.

Mix of Moff Jerky Dodd and a Kylo soft counter (doesn't stop opponent from using Kylo again, just messes with it for a turn).

"When an enemy and allied ship are in your firing arc, assign "True nature of the force" to both, and discard this card."

True nature of The Force: When assigned this card, place a number of stress tokens on your ship equal to the value of your firepower or agility, higher taking priority. Stress cannot be cleared by effects."

Why stress?

IDK about you but there wasn't much Rey or Ben could do until Snoke bit the dust, and then they had to deal with all the Praetorian guards. The idea is to maybe effect your guys, maybe not. Anybody in your sights, is somebody you want to do something, maybe good, maybe bad to. Will stress ever really help anybody? I don't think so, but stressing your enemy to such a degree? You can't say that's not powerful.

The entire point is to stay out of Snoke's line of sight. Which is very hard for large base ships. Which is very hard for turreted ships. It's equally deadly to the fast or powerful thanks to the priority bit.

But it isn't insurmountable.

I think Snoke's crew card should reflect his demonstrated ability to connect people over long distances. Maybe something like this:

"At the start of the activation phase, select one crew upgrade equipped on a ship at range 3 or beyond. Until the end of the round, you may treat that crew upgrade as if it is equipped to your ship. You may not assign condition cards using these crew upgrades."

I'm not sure how you'd cost or restrict him. The idea would be that he'd allow you to clone unique crew cards from your own squad (up to and including getting to use Palpatine twice), so he'd need some decent drawbacks (possibly high cost/multiple crew slots/large ship restriction etc.). He'd also be able to copy the ability of enemy crews as well, which is where the potential for broken combos might come up. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but they certainly have the potential to exist.

The prohibition on assigning condition cards will keep the most egregious uses under control (no doubling up on ISYTDS or fanatical devotion, but Hux would still half work), and the requirement that all ships must be range three or beyond will give counterplay opportunities if Snoke keeps punching your C-3PO or something.

If anything, I'd worry it was too weak. The use cases for this one are... A little slim. Double Decis might be able to be built to take advantage of it, maybe a Deci/Upsilon Combo? But at the same time, he also feels like he might be the kind of card that makes an unexpected Dengaroo style broken build work, so it's a tough call. You'd probably need to build your list around him, unless he was super cheap, since he'd be a bit like Thweek in that the odds of an opposition squad having the exact right composition to make him worthwhile are too remote to be relied upon. I think the basic idea has merit, but it would mean a lot of playtesting and care 

Snoke = 3pts

At the end of planning phase, choose an enemy ship at range 1-2 and choose a color on an opponents dial. You may then look at that enemy ships dial. If the color you chose was correct deal 1 damage that that ship.

When this ship is destroyed, choose a friendly First Order ship and increase its pilot skill by 2 (maximum of 11).

Snoke crew: at the start of the combat phase, if there is an enemy ship in arc and in range 1-3 and you are in its arc, you may force it to perform any straight maneuver on its dial. If you do, all of your allied ships must fire on you this round if able.

Snoke: 12,000 pts, huge ship only

- You must triumphantly gloat over everything you do on the playing field. This card may be discarded at any time. If you do, assign a "WTF was his deal???"-condition card to an enemy ship at range 1.

Also, while we're at it, how about an Admiral Holdo card?

You may choose to destroy your ship at any time to remove all ships in your forward facing firing arc from the playing field.

Such a stupid scene. Beautiful and awesome, but ultimately dumb. Kinda like the Kim Kardashian of movie scenes.

Edited by debiler

OH, just thought of a good one! Normal attacks, bombs, tlt, etc can damage snokes ship, but cannot kill snoke's ship. He can only be taken out by a crit (cause cutting in half was definitely a crit)

Snoke = 1pt

This ship can only be destroyed by an uncancelled critical hit result.

Edited by wurms

3 hours ago, wurms said:

OH, just thought of a good one! Normal attacks, bombs, tlt, etc can damage snokes ship, but cannot kill snoke's ship. He can only be taken out by a crit (cause cutting in half was definitely a crit)

Snoke = 1pt

This ship can only be destroyed by an uncancelled critical hit result.

That is actually not terrible, I like it.