Sign in to follow this  
Deek

Extremely Minor Suggestion for Lurker Expansion

If I could be so bold as to make one meager suggestion for the upcoming Lurker expansion, it would be this:

Please include number tokens, 1-10 or what have you, in the style of the max sanity and stamina values listed on the investigator sheets. Just a simple round, white token with black numbers on each side would be perfect. It would be extremely nice to have a token to place over top of the printed max value should the number increase or decrease. If an investigator's max sanity is reduced, for instance, being able to tell at a glance would be a real boon.

Cheers!

Can I at least maybe hope they've already included it? aplauso.gif I can't be the first to think of it. Has an official contents list been released?

Deek said:

If I could be so bold as to make one meager suggestion for the upcoming Lurker expansion, it would be this:

Please include number tokens, 1-10 or what have you, in the style of the max sanity and stamina values listed on the investigator sheets. Just a simple round, white token with black numbers on each side would be perfect. It would be extremely nice to have a token to place over top of the printed max value should the number increase or decrease. If an investigator's max sanity is reduced, for instance, being able to tell at a glance would be a real boon.

Cheers!

I have a simple technique that allows for easy record keeping.

Sanity and Stamina on an investigator card is their current stamina/sanity.  Off their card is their lost stamina/sanity.  If their maximum stam/san is increased or decreased, they either get an extra stam/san from the bag that I keep all of them in, or they return their stam/san to the bag/box.  I also make sure that they don't have to go to the bag/box constantly by making sure each stam/san has at least 2 individual tokens (that way you can reshuffle them with a 3 token if necessary without ever having to go to the bag/box).

Both good ideas. Thanks!

That said, I don't think it's an unreasonable request. I mean, they DID include "explored tokens". You know, to avoid the times you'd otherwise forget your harrowing journey through a portal to a parallel universe ...

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Deek said:

Both good ideas. Thanks!

That said, I don't think it's an unreasonable request. I mean, they DID include "explored tokens". You know, to avoid the times you'd otherwise forget your harrowing journey through a portal to a parallel universe ...

gui%C3%B1o.gif

I don't use the explored tokens :')

Avi_dreader said:

Sanity and Stamina on an investigator card is their current stamina/sanity.  Off their card is their lost stamina/sanity.  If their maximum stam/san is increased or decreased, they either get an extra stam/san from the bag that I keep all of them in, or they return their stam/san to the bag/box.  I also make sure that they don't have to go to the bag/box constantly by making sure each stam/san has at least 2 individual tokens (that way you can reshuffle them with a 3 token if necessary without ever having to go to the bag/box).

That is so simple. Fantastic. Definitely doing this from now on. I keep all my little tokens in one box, which is easy, but fishing around for the 3 stam.san. can be a pain... now just once per game. Rad. To the max.

Lemme step up to my pulpit real quick and start preaching the virtues of tackle boxes...

My 3 and 1  health and sanity tokens are kept in separate compartments of a large, well organized tackle box. This, along with a small tool case for the small cards and ribbon containers for the large cards keep everything nicely organized and easily to access for game playing. The total cost for all of my plastic boxes is no more than 20$. I heartily recommend this system, any wal-mart should have them.

DoctorDR said:

Avi_dreader said:

That is so simple. Fantastic. Definitely doing this from now on. I keep all my little tokens in one box, which is easy, but fishing around for the 3 stam.san. can be a pain... now just once per game. Rad. To the max.

That's what I've been using since day 1. But I guess I got the idea from Doom, since you keep your current health on your card, and lost health off to the side of your card.

Since Lily Chen can be such a pain to track, I do the same exact thing, except that I give her 7 sanity and 7 stamina: all the spaces to the left of her "maximum" slider have a stamina token, and to the right of the slider have a sanity token. When she moves that slider, she takes off/adds tokens as appropriate. Of course, I have to make sure that if the player moves her slider 2 spaces or more that she only "heals" one point total. But other than that, it's an excellent way to keep track of her specifically.

Explored tokens? Is there a point? Not really, and that's my point. =) Considering FFG saw fit to include something as dubiously useful as the explored tokens, I think tokens to alter the min/max stamina/sanity are a no-brainer.

I store almost my entire Arkham set (the base and all expansions to date) in a multi-tiered Plano tackle box. The boards and manuals are transported in the original AH box, everything else - every token, die and card, even the monster cup (bag) - fits snugly in the Plano. I'm fairly confident that Lurker will fit without causing too many problems ...

DoctorDR said:

Avi_dreader said:

DoctorDR said:

Avi_dreader said:

I have a bunch of ziplock bags for keeping tokens separate.  Separate bags for clues, sliders, brains♥, money, and miscellaneous (really just doom, terror, closed, and the first player token).  The other tokens are scattered around in various boxes.  Brood tokens run loose on the floor.  Dunwich, Deep One Rising, and Rubble Tokens get placed in one of the tiny built in token containers in the box (I should probably get another bag for rift related stuff, but currently I leave those loose on the bottom of one of the big boxes separate from any other type of token).

Tibs said:

DoctorDR said:

Avi_dreader said:

That's what I've been using since day 1. But I guess I got the idea from Doom, since you keep your current health on your card, and lost health off to the side of your card.

Since Lily Chen can be such a pain to track, I do the same exact thing, except that I give her 7 sanity and 7 stamina: all the spaces to the left of her "maximum" slider have a stamina token, and to the right of the slider have a sanity token. When she moves that slider, she takes off/adds tokens as appropriate. Of course, I have to make sure that if the player moves her slider 2 spaces or more that she only "heals" one point total. But other than that, it's an excellent way to keep track of her specifically.

Oh...  For Lily I just give her 3 and 4 of each stat, and don't return them to the box if she has a maximum decrease from using her ability (I'll only return something to the box if she has a permanent stat decrease).

Deek said:

Explored tokens? Is there a point? Not really, and that's my point. =) Considering FFG saw fit to include something as dubiously useful as the explored tokens, I think tokens to alter the min/max stamina/sanity are a no-brainer.

I store almost my entire Arkham set (the base and all expansions to date) in a multi-tiered Plano tackle box. The boards and manuals are transported in the original AH box, everything else - every token, die and card, even the monster cup (bag) - fits snugly in the Plano.

I saw your picture in the link, you shouldn't go fishing with your Arkham Cards, even if you are trying to catch a Deep One.

Avi_dreader said:

DoctorDR said:

I have a bunch of ziplock bags for keeping tokens separate.  Separate bags for clues, sliders, brains♥, money, and miscellaneous (really just doom, terror, closed, and the first player token).  

I did this at first, but got six or so little plastic tub things with screw-on lids which I've been using for Stamina, Sanity, Doom, Money, Clue, and Gate tokens. Closed, Explored, "1, 2, 3" and Player One tokens go in with the gates. Everything else is currently in zip-lock bags. 

I like the dice concept. Not only could you use red for stamina and blue for sanity, you could get shades of green to replace player clue tokens (the board ones have to stay on it until removed, of course) and money... say, maybe a d20 for each just in case. 

For storage I took an empty plastic craft box and put the expansion and main board at the bottom. Then I simply took the black plastic organizer out of each boxed set, cut it in half to split the large storage space from the cards and dice section, and lined the inside with the four card/dice/item sections. After that I simply made a correct card-or-token sized cardboard "cover marker" for the various decks based on base game/expansion it's part of, put that on the end, rubber banded the cards, and stuck it in a slot with my homemade cardboard cover side up. The only exceptions to this are stuff that is soley used in relation to Ancient Ones (heralds, epic battle cards, specific tokens like Zhar or specific decks like Quachil Uttaus, so forth) which has remained in small plastic bags kept in a larger A.O. ziplock bag, and another large ziplock bag with the investigator related stuff. Everything in one box, marked, organized, and easy to find.