Korlall

Genesys Custom Cards

On 20/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, Rrok007 said:

Love these, though it looks like the "Creation Kit" folder is empty. At least, to me it seems that way.

Had a few questions though...

1. Have you considered changing the "City/Settlement" card to "Locale" to make it more flexible and usable for other locations, such as counties, regions, nations, etc?

2. Do you plan on rounding out the Fantasy and Generic sets to have the same cards? For instance, I noticed the Fantasy set doesn't have a 'Vehicle' card (for carts, flying carpets, etc) and The modern set doesn't have a 'Deity' card.

3. Are you thinking of any additional cards, such as making an 'Implement' card instead of having it be a spell card?

Again, really love the work you've done on these

Here's the Deity under "Other" for Modern template.

image.png.6a209c9b206984060b541552895224a2.png

On 5/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, javiersac1 said:

Love all the resources you have shared!

Could you upload the .pngs for the fantasy-styled characteristics and statblocks?

Will do. I'm lacking time right now though. Should I forget, remember me by June 10th. My work schedule will change and I'll have lots of free time. 

On 1/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jimmifett said:

I've had great success converting to a gimp version (lots of renaming and re-ordering as gimp likes to mangle psd), tho some of the masks get eaten during the import.

I don't imagine you have those available?  Reckon I could take a crack at it myself if Korlall doesn't mind me posting the result...

On 1/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, Korlall said:

I guess I could make a template but it would be based off Word though. 

Is this still a possibility? Nothing fancy, just a possibility to type in the profile and special rules to have them handy. That would be sooo helpful.

6 hours ago, Seam said:

Is this still a possibility? Nothing fancy, just a possibility to type in the profile and special rules to have them handy. That would be sooo helpful.

It's still a possibility. I have so many things on my plate though that it's not in my to-do list so far.
But I'll have to play with it at some point for my new setting. So I'll pull the pngs at that time.

Among the fonts used, what do you suggest we use for the dice symbols?
I notice that advantages, threats and the like are in the Genesys FONT, but I assume we are to use the Edge of the Empire font for the dice?

I never appreciated how awesome this is until I got Photoshop. Awesome work. Somethings I am curious about.

• I had previously downloaded some files from your cloud that had a tutorial and they showed the backside of the card. Now it's just 1 file? How do show the opposite side of the card for additional information? It seems you streamlined the whole thing just trying to figure out how everything has changed.
  • I am trying to figure out how you added the outer glow effect so the dice symbols have boarders.
  • Also have you thought about making a template for spells?

Thanks BTW

Edited by sevick

3 hours ago, sevick said:

I never appreciated how awesome this is until I got Photoshop. Awesome work. Somethings I am curious about.

• I had previously downloaded some files from your cloud that had a tutorial and they showed the backside of the card. Now it's just 1 file? How do show the opposite side of the card for additional information? It seems you streamlined the whole thing just trying to figure out how everything has changed.
  • I am trying to figure out how you added the outer glow effect so the dice symbols have boarders.
  • Also have you thought about making a template for spells?

Thanks BTW

Thanks for the kind words. 

I had in my mind to actually print these cards so the template was redone using the template from printerstudio. The tutorial file is not adapted to this new template so I have taken it off the drive. I should come up with a new tutorial at some point or maybe put the two different versions online. 

Also, there was in the past a seperate file for each theme (generic, Terrinoth, Android). Now it is a single file in which you simply turn on and off layers.

As for the cards' back side, since it is meant to be printed, I had to keep the same format. Away from computer now but you are supposed to have a background layer making back side text available.

The spell template could work into the "rule" format I guess. But true, I could add a more specific design with boxes for magic skill, concentration and basic difficulty. 

I'll probably do all that at some point but my Genesys plate is full right of projects already. But I'll have to make Inquisition cards, including witchcraft spell cards so I guess I'll have to update eventually. 

In the mean while, make cool cards and show them around 😁

4 minutes ago, Korlall said:

Thanks for the kind words. 

I had in my mind to actually print these cards so the template was redone using the template from printerstudio. The tutorial file is not adapted to this new template so I have taken it off the drive. I should come up with a new tutorial at some point or maybe put the two different versions online. 

Also, there was in the past a seperate file for each theme (generic, Terrinoth, Android). Now it is a single file in which you simply turn on and off layers.

As for the cards' back side, since it is meant to be printed, I had to keep the same format. Away from computer now but you are supposed to have a background layer making back side text available.

The spell template could work into the "rule" format I guess. But true, I could add a more specific design with boxes for magic skill, concentration and basic difficulty. 

I'll probably do all that at some point but my Genesys plate is full right of projects already. But I'll have to make Inquisition cards, including witchcraft spell cards so I guess I'll have to update eventually. 

In the mean while, make cool cards and show them around 😁

Awesome and the thing about getting the outline effect on the Dice Symbols?

4 hours ago, sevick said:

Awesome and the thing about getting the outline effect on the Dice Symbols?

I achieve an outline effect on the Star Wars version of the fonts by doing the following:

1. Write up the normal text layer with the symbols used.

2. Duplicate this layer.

3. On the duplicated layer, use Blending Options to add "Stroke" to outline all of the text (this will outline both the symbols and the normal text initially). Experiment with what feels right for your project, but usually no more than a couple of pixels thickness and some slight opacity is needed.

4. Right-click the duplicated layer and 'Rasterize Type'. Make sure you are happy with the text before doing this as you won't be able to edit it once this is done (though you will always have the original text layer to duplicate again if needs be).

5. Once Rasterized, use the Magic Wand tool to select the green/yellow/etc parts of the dice symbols.

6. Once selected, right click on one of the selected sections and click 'Select Inverse'. This will select everything except the dice symbols.

7. Click delete and voila! It will remove all the outlines on the normal text EXCEPT those on the dice symbols.

It seems a little convoluted the first time, but after a few times you'll be able to have this done in ten seconds.

I do something similar as what Kualan said. Plus, I saved it as an action so once I'm ready, I simply select all my symbols, hit thst action button and boom, outline is done!

I'll put the whole thing into the next tutorial. 

So I am Necroing this thread since it took me forever to find it, I run my game over discord and wanted to have cards for my players. However I don't have Photoshop and GIMP loads text from PSD files as Bitmaps. After a some googlefu and a lot of luck I stumbled across Photopea.com It will let you upload the Fonts as well as edit Text. Attached Weapon was done on Photopea.

Genesys Card Template 63x88 PrinterStudio.jpg