Sign in to follow this  
Cadbane

Witch magick help!!!

This card says: reveal top 3 cards of your deck (do not rearrange  them). Heal damage from a character equal to the number of cards you just revealed that cost odd number. 

Odd numbers are those that can't divide by two, so 1,3,5 are odd. Zero is  funny one, but I believe for this card we take it as an odd number.

So you reveal 3 cards and you count the number of cards that cost an odd number, so a 0-3-2 will be two odd numbers, so you heal 2 points of damage and the return the cards to the top of you deck. When you return the cards you need to ensure that the cards go back in the same position as they came out, so that they do not get adjusted.

You also reveal the cards, which means you need to allow your opponent to see what the cards are and perhaps allow him to ask to read the text on them if needed.

8 hours ago, Amanal said:

Odd numbers are those that can't divide by two, so 1,3,5 are odd. Zero is  funny one, but I believe for this card we take it as an odd number.

So you reveal 3 cards and you count the number of cards that cost an odd number, so a 0-3-2 will be two odd numbers, so you heal 2 points of damage and the return the cards to the top of you deck. When you return the cards you need to ensure that the cards go back in the same position as they came out, so that they do not get adjusted.

You also reveal the cards, which means you need to allow your opponent to see what the cards are and perhaps allow him to ask to read the text on them if needed.

So what if i get 4 3 1?i dont count 4? 

1 hour ago, 69HentaiFapMaster69 said:

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?

Not if he was taught with Common Core math.

Of course he could be asking the guy above him if he knows if its odd or even. Sarcasm is hard to read in written text.

Edited by GamerGuy1984

On 1/1/2018 at 1:52 AM, Cadbane said:

So what if i get 4 3 1?i dont count 4? 

Nope you dont count 4. Because 4 is a even number. 

Simple math lesson here kiddos

Even: Any number divisible by 2 that is a whole number as the result. Examples would be 8 divided by 2 is 4, 60 divided by 2 is 30, 144 divided by 2 is 72.

Odd: Any number that when divided by 2 produces a non whole result. Examples 15 divided by 2 is 7.5, 65 divided by 2 is 32.5, 145 divided by 2 is 72.5

Bonus: The number zero while divisible by 2, as it does produce a whole result, 0, is not really considered to be even or odd.

7 hours ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Bonus: The number zero while divisible by 2, as it does produce a whole result, 0, is not really considered to be even or odd.

Sorry, I have to jump in here.  I have a Ph.D. in math and have been a math professor for nearly 20 years.  That last sentence is not true.   0 is actually an even integer.

Even and odd are terms used to describe integers in this case (you can also use even and odd to describe other mathematical objects but that's not relevant here)

.  In layman's terms integers are + or - whole numbers.  Essentially it's numbers in the set { ... -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3,.. }

Even integers are defined to be integers that can be written in the form 2*k where k is an integer.  So for example:

6 is even since 6 = 2*3 and 3 is an integer. 

-4 is even since -4 =2 * (-2) and 2 is integer

, most importantly in this discussion, 0 is even since 0=2*0 and 0 is itself an integer.

Odd integers are integers that can be written in the form 2*k+1 (remember with orders of operations multiplication is done before addition) where k is an integer.   So for example,

7 is odd because 7=2*(3)+1 and 3 is an integer

-3 is odd because -3 =2*(-2)+1 and -2 is an integer.

Just to be clear since I've seen it come up in other places, for all these cards that have odd numbered theme (Witch Magick, Mother Talzin, etc..) , you can't trigger them with 0.  You can only trigger them when you have things that cost 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.. (although right now I think that list stops at 5 unless I'm forgetting a really expensive card).

Edited by yodaman1971

Yes, Zero is even under the old system. Under the new core curriculum standards it is Okay to be an even number and if you are an odd number, well you are Okay too. Therefore since even=Okay and odd=Okay then even=odd. So it is perfectly Okay for numbers to decide for themselves to be either even or odd since this is a safe place without judgement. You can even add even and odd numbers together like this, even+odd=2xOkay. So mixing even and odd numbers together is twice Okay to do. However since even=Okay and odd=Okay then even*odd=Okay^2. It is NOT Okay to be a judgemental Square so Okay =/ Okay^2 so multiplying even and odd numbers together is NOT Okay.

All of this is true because I showed my work.

30 minutes ago, Mep said:

Yes, Zero is even under the old system. Under the new core curriculum standards it is Okay to be an even number and if you are an odd number, well you are Okay too. Therefore since even=Okay and odd=Okay then even=odd. So it is perfectly Okay for numbers to decide for themselves to be either even or odd since this is a safe place without judgement. You can even add even and odd numbers together like this, even+odd=2xOkay. So mixing even and odd numbers together is twice Okay to do. However since even=Okay and odd=Okay then even*odd=Okay^2. It is NOT Okay to be a judgemental Square so Okay =/ Okay^2 so multiplying even and odd numbers together is NOT Okay.

All of this is true because I showed my work.

Do I need to learn new pronouns?

12 hours ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Not if he was taught with Common Core math.

Of course he could be asking the guy above him if he knows if its odd or even. Sarcasm is hard to read in written text.

Yes very much sarcasm.  Mostly coming from reading a list of simple questions that are clearly answered in the rules or any number of other places where it can be found with practically zero effort.  Then noticing they all come from the same source.