Darth Wrath

Wookiee Commando Rerolls

I played against my buddy running Wookiee commandos the other night and a rules issue came up. 

With Wookie Commandos if you reroll a focus, and you roll another focus, can you reroll it again?

I said no because a die can only be rerolled once. He said yes because the roll is considered a new roll.

is there something I’m missing about WC’s that allows them to reroll the same die more than once?

4 hours ago, Darth Wrath said:

I played against my buddy running Wookiee commandos the other night and a rules issue came up. 

With Wookie Commandos if you reroll a focus, and you roll another focus, can you reroll it again?

I said no because a die can only be rerolled once. He said yes because the roll is considered a new roll.

is there something I’m missing about WC’s that allows them to reroll the same die more than once?

There's nothing in the Wookiee Commandos card text to suggest that a reroll is considered a "new roll", and a die cannot be rerolled more than once (p13 of the rulebook).

By your friend's logic, he could keep rerolling until he rolled either a hit or a blank, which is clearly wrong. Rolling and rerolling are two distinctly different game mechanics, and rerolling a die doesn't reset its "roll count" back to zero. Here's what the FAQ says about it.

Rolling and Rerolling
Rolling dice is different from rerolling dice. If an effect references "rolling dice," it refers only to the first time a die is rolled, such as rolling dice during the "Roll Attack Dice" step. If an effect references "rerolling dice," it refers only to instances when dice that have already been rolled are rolled again, such as rerolling dice during the "Modify Attack Dice" step.