Sign in to follow this  
Cadbane

Wrist rockeeet help

When you use the special, it does two damage wherever you like.  You can then spend a resource to do an additional two damage wherever you like.  You could even do it to the same character, for a total of four damage (but these are two separate hits, which matters for things like Force Illusion and Count Dooku's ability).

The second part of the card doesn't stipulate it being a one time per turn action which to me leads to a bit of ambiguity if it could be used more than once per turn. Normally a card would say exhaust  as well?

It's a Special action. It creates an effect once when you resolve the special. You resolve as much of an effect as possible in the order it is written. So in this case, you resolve part 1 (Deal two damage to a character). You then resolve part 2 (You may spend one resource to deal two damage to a character).

On 12/31/2017 at 1:55 PM, Parksy77 said:

The second part of the card doesn't stipulate it being a one time per turn action which to me leads to a bit of ambiguity if it could be used more than once per turn. Normally a card would say exhaust  as well?

The second part has to be used when the special is resolved as it is part of the special rule on the card. Now yes if you rolled the die back in and got another special, or you have cunning, you could pay to get the extra damage again. But you cant just pay 1 to deal 2 damage without resolving the special.

What about resolve special do 2 damage and pay 1 resource to do another 2 damage.  And then pay 1 resource to do another 2 damage?

basically paying one resource for 2 damage for as many resources as you have

No because at that point youre looping the card text. Unless it specifically calls that out you go through the card text in its entirety once.

Unless you had another special (cunning or a 2nd wristrocket) you have no window to go over those words again.

Special does 2 damage. You may then pay 1 resource to do 2 damage again. Done.

4 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

What about resolve special do 2 damage and pay 1 resource to do another 2 damage.  And then pay 1 resource to do another 2 damage?

basically paying one resource for 2 damage for as many resources as you have

You have a special that says 'deal two damage to a character'. Would you be able to resolve that as many times as you want? Why would this work differently?

11 hours ago, Abyss said:

You have a special that says 'deal two damage to a character'. Would you be able to resolve that as many times as you want? Why would this work differently?

I have seen other FFG games allow you to spend multiple times to get the reward multiple times.  I don't really think you can, but I bet some people out there do.  An I have been surprised by FFG rulings so many times, nothing surprises me anymore.