Maim Voorhees

Old Palpatine deck

I searched a bit on here but can’t find any.  I am looking to build an elite Palpatine deck and would like some help with deck lists.  What have you used, good combinations, battlefield, etc have/do you use?  I have plenty of the Awakenings and Spirit of the Rebellion cards and the Two Player Set, but no Empire at War cards.  Thanks for your help. 

In my opinion with Palp you’re gonna be using a lot of force abilities, so Holocron is my first suggestion. Then fill in those abilities. I like Force lightning, mind probe, and force push. Dark council is great cause you can focus his dice do high damage. You will want your ride agains, and then I’d load up on mitigation and shields. His dice are hard hitting, and so your job is to make him last as long as possible while naturally doing damage. 

Force Speed
Force Lightning
Force Push
Mind Probe/Force Throw
Sith Holocron
Force Illusion

Rise Again

Feel Your Anger
Isolation
Indomitable
Doubt
Endurance

Optional:
Holdout Blaster
Force Vision
No Surrender
Trust Your Instincts
Rejuvenate
Intimidate
It Will All Be Mine

Hope that helps!
~D

13 hours ago, Maim Voorhees said:

I searched a bit on here but can’t find any.  I am looking to build an elite Palpatine deck and would like some help with deck lists.  What have you used, good combinations, battlefield, etc have/do you use?  I have plenty of the Awakenings and Spirit of the Rebellion cards and the Two Player Set, but no Empire at War cards.  Thanks for your help. 

You can also search on http://swdestinydb.com/

I use the site for my own collection.  Easy to know what you still need.  You can also see plenty of people who put decklists up.  If you put your collection in, you can see what cards you are missing from their list too.  Pretty handy.  To search for a particular card in a deck, just click on Decklists, then Search, and finally put in the name of the card in the deck you want to search for.  You'll see a ton of different Palpatine builds.  Good luck!

Force Throw, Push and Choke are what I run w/ Sith Holocron.

Shields are really important and useful now. You'll want to get Indomitable from EAW. 

Battlefields, I would suggest Main Plaza or Cargo Hold.

20 hours ago, HoodieDM said:

Force Speed
Force Lightning
Force Push
Mind Probe/Force Throw
Sith Holocron
Force Illusion

Rise Again

Feel Your Anger
Isolation
Indomitable
Doubt
Endurance

Optional:
Holdout Blaster
Force Vision
No Surrender
Trust Your Instincts
Rejuvenate
Intimidate
It Will All Be Mine

Hope that helps!
~D

With the new shield meta I dont thinking Intimidate is Optional right now. Also while Speed can be great I think Resistance will help him out more.

13 minutes ago, Maim Voorhees said:

Resistance?

Sorry meant Resilient, it is 2 cost blue upgrade out of Legacies. Its basically Endurance on a stick.  When an opponents card effect removes one of the characters dice you exhaust it to roll the die back in. Palps biggest weakness is only having 2 dice and them being mitigate. So being able to simply roll it back in means they waste resources to remove it, or they just dont remove it in the first place which is what you want. Also the key thing is you roll the die in AFTER its removed by the card effect, meaning you roll it in on the opponents turn. This means that if they remove say a blank, cause they dont want you to reroll it, you can roll it back in, hit the 3 range and on your turn No Mercy for 7 if you had a full hand of blue cards.

Of course thats assuming they forgot you had Resilient and removed the die.

Edited by GamerGuy1984