Sign in to follow this  
Ecthelion III

I'm Back! (maybe)

Getting back into the game after taking a hiatus because of busy life. Life is still busy but hopefully will now be busy + LotR LGC in there too! It's good to see some familiar faces around here, like Seastan and MyNeighborConstantine and of course the 200+ games thread.

I fell off the face of the planet right after Grey Havens hit. I'm curious which cycle to invest in first, Dream-chaser or Haradrim? What are your preferences? What cycle has better player cards, quests, etc.?

5 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Getting back into the game after taking a hiatus because of busy life. Life is still busy but hopefully will now be busy + LotR LGC in there too! It's good to see some familiar faces around here, like Seastan and MyNeighborConstantine and of course the 200+ games thread.

I fell off the face of the planet right after Grey Havens hit. I'm curious which cycle to invest in first, Dream-chaser or Haradrim? What are your preferences? What cycle has better player cards, quests, etc.?

Welcome back @Ecthelion III! Welcome to the club of people that are too busy to be playing the game, but do anyway!

My personal opinion on your question is that Dream-chaser has better player cards but Haradrim has better quests.

The Dream-chaser cycle had a wonderful variety of unique scenarios though. You get involved in a chase at sea, explore an uncharted island and literally create a board game out of Location cards while doing so, and you take part in a naval battle... it’s a very memorable cycle.  The Haradrim cycle has been good so far and the quests are probably more challenging on average, but I suspect in the long run they may leave less of an impression on the collective memory.

Edited by GrandSpleen

I'd concur with the dream chaser cycle.  The quests are good, but the player cards are excellent.  Elfhelm, Lanwyn, armored destrier(!), Windfola.

Also, unrelated question.  Do you play forum mafia at all? Because I've played forum mafia with a player that uses your exact screen name and also plays lotr lcg

39 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Onidsen I do indeed play forum mafia. Mostly on 17th Shard.

Thought so! I'm Seonid over there.

Tangentially, if you have OCTGN, we ought to play a few games,  if I can carve out time from watching children. I've got another friend here who plays OCTGN from time to time