Tvboy

Fully Automated Campaign Tracker v1.4 (Large Update)(Mobile Friendly)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rU1rGnOp5OIKa7ELjFXEsXq8TPWW-Q9Ik7Jgv0K9hKo

Tracks your progress through all current campaigns without having to go back and look at your campaign book after the fact to figure out how much resources each side should have earned. Does so all on 3 sheets that morph depending on which campaign, heroes and class decks you are playing. Drop down menus allow you to select the appropriate cards for upgrades and missions. Easily modifiable to work with custom campaigns. 

I've gotten a lot of feedback and suggestions since releasing version 1.2 and was finally able to sit down and implement them. Fixed a lot of bugs and errors as well as a complete visual overhaul of the color scheme.

For those not familiar with Google Drive, you will need to make a copy to your drive to be able edit the sheet. Can be manipulated on mobile devices more easily by installing the Google Sheets app.

Updates since version 1.2:

• Aesthetic makeover using suggestions from u/digitallimit. Less colors overall with a softer palette for easier viewing. 
  • Fixed many typos, one of which, Hostile Negotiations, was causing the sheet to break.
  • Hero's starting weapon is now shown in their respective area on the Rebel sheet. Players will still have to add it to their purchased items to be able to add mods to it.
  • Modified the bonus credits column to allow users to input whatever number they want. No longer capped and no longer uses a 1x50 system.
  • Hero sheet will now alert users if they need to specify whether or not they have a Bounty token.
  • Fixed the Rewards for Forced Missions, including Bespin Gambit campaign.
  • Other minor fixes and tweaks.

Please keep giving feedback, the sheet has become quite complex and it's difficult to test every possible combination of circumstances that come up in a campaign. I'm confident there should be very few errors this time, but every person that uses the sheet and gives feedback allows me to make it even better. 

That’s really useful, thank you!

I noticed a couple of odd things 

• Vibrosword shows up as having one slot but should have two. 
  • How do I unselect something? I picked an agenda card but then changed my mind. How do I clear the selection?

On 12/30/2017 at 8:26 PM, incognito22 said:

That’s really useful, thank you!

I noticed a couple of odd things 

• Vibrosword shows up as having one slot but should have two. 
  • How do I unselect something? I picked an agenda card but then changed my mind. How do I clear the selection?
  • Thank you for pointing that out, I have fixed it and you can go back in and and redownload the sheet and it should be fine now. 
  • Depends on how you're accessing the sheet. On a PC, just click the cell and hit the del button. If you're on mobile, tap the cell until you see the copy/paste toolbar pop up, then hit the arrow to the right and tap Clear to clear your selection. 

16 minutes ago, Tvboy said:
  • Thank you for pointing that out, I have fixed it and you can go back in and and redownload the sheet and it should be fine now. 
  • Depends on how you're accessing the sheet. On a PC, just click the cell and hit the del button. If you're on mobile, tap the cell until you see the copy/paste toolbar pop up, then hit the arrow to the right and tap Clear to clear your selection. 

Thanks!

Looks like something got messed up in cell I13 on the Dashboard between versions. I fixed it in the current sheet, but if it's not calculating for you and you don't want to redownload the sheet, you can copy the following formula into cell I13 and it should fix it:

=ifs(and(Dashboard!$D$6="mini",$B13<>"intro",$F13="Empire"),'Calculated Data'!$X5,and(Dashboard!$D$6="mini",$B13<>"intro",$F13="Rebel"),'Calculated Data'!$X5+1,AND(C13="UNDER SIEGE",F13="EMPIRE",G13="REBEL"),'Calculated Data'!$R5+1,AND(Dashboard!$D$6<>"MINI",$F13="EMPIRE"),'Calculated Data'!$R5,AND(Dashboard!$D$6<>"MINI",$F13="REBEL"),'Calculated Data'!$S5,$F13="","")

Requesting more Feedback on this. Have people been using this in their campaigns? Is it helpful? Are there improvements that can be made to the layout or the design? Any sheet breaking bugs shown up yet in the most recent version? 

If the current sheet is working well, I'd like to start getting more word of mouth out there about it and see if I can make it more ubiquitous and commonly used the way Tabletop Admiral is for skirmish. 

On 2018. 04. 16. at 3:03 AM, Tvboy said:

Requesting more Feedback on this. Have people been using this in their campaigns? Is it helpful? Are there improvements that can be made to the layout or the design? Any sheet breaking bugs shown up yet in the most recent version? 

If the current sheet is working well, I'd like to start getting more word of mouth out there about it and see if I can make it more ubiquitous and commonly used the way Tabletop Admiral is for skirmish. 

It is super helpfull.

I use this for all my coop plays.

Cant thank you enaugh

Posted (edited)

Not to nit-pick, however, you wanted the feedback but for being "Fully Automated" there is a bit of manual adjustments by players to make your Campaign Log functional.

The log has sections specifically set out for extra credits, extra expenses and additional influence spent. If the log was fully automated wouldn't the log take into account the factors that would lead to these adjustments?

The Empire player also has two means to actually gain additional IP based on gaining access to Jabba and the Agenda Card Pulling the Strings. So in order to make the the IP calculator function correctly you have to give a negative value to the additional influence spent section to gain the additional IP. (edit in, actually there is a column for extra influence on the dashboard but isn't intuitive) 

The majority of the campaign story missions are set in win or lose scenarios that direct the flow of the story mission progression, e.g. the Core campaign when Empire wins you get the Under Siege mission and when the Rebels win you get A New Threat. If I were to select on Aftermath the Rebels win shouldn't the next story mission "automatically" set to what the mission would be without input from the player?

The Rebel Heroes rewards earned through side missions are not eligible to be sold for credits but you have set a value of 50 credits for selling them. The recent FAQ Page 11 states you can sell XP items for 50 credits but doesn't state mission rewards are eligible. 

If you are playing a small box expansion (mini campaign) and you don't bring along that boxes specific Rebel Heroes and you complete their associated mission you don't gain the reward for the missing Hero rather you gain additional credits. The campaign log still states you gain the missing Hero reward though.

You could delete the the extraneous cells from the displayed sheets

The fonts on all the sheets are not identical it swaps between Calibri and Arial.

I might be able to bring out a few more details but I didn't go super in depth through all of it.

Edited by layinglow
clarification

17 hours ago, layinglow said:

Not to nit-pick, however, you wanted the feedback but for being "Fully Automated" there is a bit of manual adjustments by players to make your Campaign Log functional.

snip

Seriously... that is very nitpicky... but also super duper helpful! Thank you for all your feedback, I will definitely look into the issues you brought up and see about incorporating them into v1.5. 

Posted (edited)

I'm running a Hoth campaign and after two missions in, I love this log! The instructions are clear and the automation makes everything so easy. I can only imagine how much time and thought you've put into it.  Thank you for your ongoing contribution to the hobby.

Since you're asking for feedback (I appreciate the request), I think I found one bug and have one situational comment.

EDIT: It looks like my spoiler tag covered more of my post than I wanted, but I don't know how to fix it.

Possible Bug (contains minor spoilers for Return to Hoth campaign structure and rewards)

Campaign_Log_Error_v1_4.png.91d3f26b4a1f16e7ac871f9c54353fb3.png

Situational Comment

The way my group is using the log might differ from other groups. I'm the Imperial player and while the Rebel players all have "Read" access to the log, I'm the only one who can edit it. The Empire sheet shows the rebels everything they should see, but it also shows which Agenda Decks the IP is using if the Rebels poke around. The warning on it is useful, but to some that might just be a temptation to peek. I'm actually not concerned about my players looking, but I thought about what you wanted to accomplish with the Agenda area of the Empire sheet, and I think I've come up with a solution for people who are in a similar group where the IP is the only editor.

I created a duplicate of the Empire sheet called "Empire (Public)" and deleted the entire Agenda area. Then I went through all of the remaining green areas (and the XP/Influence numbers) and made each cell a reference to its counterpart on the Empire sheet. Then I hide the Empire sheet. When I need to change any values, I unhide the sheet and re-hide it when I'm done. This works well for how we use it.

Again, thank you so much for making such a great resource.

Edited by DarthNebbish
Format comment

The validation error you are seeing is "normal" since the J7 cell is used to reference the available side missions and since it was resolved and per rules removed from the available side missions.

Since J7 cell is no longer "Scouring the Homestead" it was prior referencing to the C12 cell is displaying an error because it is no longer part of the formula function.

I hope that makes sense.

If you really wanted to you could make a complete separate google sheet that ties to the original with only the private information the Empire player is to be able see and reference those cells in that sheet to the original Empire sheet so the Rebels can see the public information they should have access to but that would take much more work to update the formulas to reference a complete other sheet.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I know it’s ugly but you can just ignore that error message, it will still leave the mission name in that cell for posterity if you don’t change it.

the important formatting you want to pay attention to is when the cell changes to black with red letters, that means you’ve missed something like adding an agenda missions to the active side missions.

Edited by Tvboy

On 5/26/2018 at 12:58 PM, Borumber said:

not able to select side missions not sure what I am doing wrong I input them all in the rebel section

In cell F6 and F7 on the Dashboard, you need to input what the 2 active side missions are. There are additional cells there also for Agenda side missions and Threat missions in the Hoth campaign.