Sekac

Why did that "Why do people hate TLJ" topic get closed? Bad job, mods

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Did he really contemplate it, though?

Yes, yes he did.  His version of the story is an admission - filled with regret - but an admission nontheless.  It's not just his actions on that night that betray Luke's character, though, it's everything that happened afterwards.

Ben wipes out Luke's academy, then ups and leaves.   Luke runs off and hides.  As Mark Hamill himself said, if Luke made a mistake, he would try his hardest to right and atone for it.  That he essentially abandoned the galaxy (and his friends, his sister etc) to Smoke, Kylo and the First Order is an absolute betrayal of his character.

Luke would have battled to his last breath to redeem him nephew, the son of his sister and his best friend, and to prevent his seduction by the dark side.

He wouldn't have ****ed off to a random island to drink green milk.

7 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yes, yes he did.  His version of the story is an admission - filled with regret - but an admission nontheless.  It's not just his actions on that night that betray Luke's character, though, it's everything that happened afterwards.

Ben wipes out Luke's academy, then ups and leaves.   Luke runs off and hides.  As Mark Hamill himself said, if Luke made a mistake, he would try his hardest to right and atone for it.  That he essentially abandoned the galaxy (and his friends, his sister etc) to Smoke, Kylo and the First Order is an absolute betrayal of his character.

Luke would have battled to his last breath to redeem him nephew, the son of his sister and his best friend, and to prevent his seduction by the dark side.

He wouldn't have ****ed off to a random island to drink green milk.

I also think some people are severely underestimating how much the fall of his nephew, the destruction of his legacy, and the deaths of his pupils might affect a guy, psychologically.  I mean, look at Denethor in Lord of the Rings.  He was completely devoted to Gondor and spent his entire life fighting the Shadow, but seeing the black-sailed ships in the Palantir and his only remaining son take ill pushed him over the edge into despair.

Again, I think people (including Mark Hamill) are making precisely the mistake that Luke calls out and viewing Luke Skywalker as some larger-than-life legend rather than as a man prone to the same faults as the rest of us.

Edited by JJ48

1 hour ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Funny that you say this. Because I was exposed to JJ's movies first before the TV shows and stuff, I enjoy his stuff more.

But it is okay, because it is literally an alternate reality, not Legends and Canon.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Did you know JJ tried to get paramount to stop selling all Prime merchandise and take the shows out of circulation?

Thankfully they had enough sense to tell him to sod off, then they went and made discovery...