Tom Cruise

[Second Edition Release!] Dark Heresy (Warhammer 40,000) in Genesys

Looks amazing! Yeah, commenting directly will be easier... I kinda didn't think about that before. Whoops! 😀

Just a quick note; I remember there being some... disagreement... with using the term warband, back when the beta for 2nd edition was live. Are you going to keep that term? I notice that you've added tiers of play at the end, with Cells, Agents, and Warbands. Maybe it's a good idea to mix it up a bit in the text?

Edited by Veruca

I remember the disagreement well :P

I think the term works well enough to refer to a particular high level and capable party, which is why I've used it in that particular context. I might mix up the language a bit as I go through the other chapters.

I'm marking your comments as resolved as I fix them (in my InDesign master, fixes won't show until I upload a new PDF unfortunately), which makes them disappear, but you can set Google Docs to "Show inactive comments" if you want them back. Definitely appreciate the help!

Edited by Tom Cruise

Don't mention it, I'm happy to help where I can. :)

I'll go through the document when I find the time. Might take me a while, since I'm somewhat of a slow reader, but I'd like to think that's also a plus when proofreading. :D

Adversaries and Allies chapter is now done too. Featuring a few nice updates;

• Shifting to a new one adversary per page format
  • Flavour text bulked out significantly, with a lot more room for handy GM advice
  • New section for servitor NPCs so they can all be found in one handy place, along with some slightly tweaked rules for handling servitors
  • Suggested psychic powers on every psychic NPC's profile
  • Some general balance/design tweaks to a lot of the profiles

- LINK -

EDIT: Pushed out a new version of the Chapter 1 PDF, same link. Should have all the corrections suggested.

Edited by Tom Cruise

I see you've already corrected the mistakes I pointed out in Chapter X, I'll go through it again and see if I find more!

Going through the old Dark Hersy books, I was wondering what your thoughts are on adapting the possession rules for daemonic entities. They offer a nice alternative way of using daemons and warp entities instead of straight combat. I'm by no means an expert on FFG's 40k RPGs, but perhaps they could work like they do in the original Dark Heresy, with opposed Discipline checks over a series of rounds until a party reaches a certain number of successes?

Edited by javiersac1

Plan is to cover daemonic summoning, possession, daemonhosts, daemon weapons and all that sort of stuff in a future expansion. I want to give it the proper attention it deserves. That'll probably come alongside stats for a wider variety of daemons. 

Big thanks for the proofreading by the way, it's a huge help. 

Edited by Tom Cruise

You're killing it with these updates! I love how clean that design looks. If I can make a suggestion, though, it would be to either make the icons before the NPCs names a bit smaller, or to add an additional space between the icons and the names (or both). Purely visual, of course. :)