Tom Cruise

[1.6 Update] Dark Heresy (Warhammer 40,000) in Genesys - Release Thread

PGjeK8m.png

- Core Rules Link -

- Form Fillable Character Sheet PDF -

- Printer Friendly Character Sheet PDF (slightly out of date, will update this one ASAP) -

- Rules currently at release 1.6, see bottom of post for changelogs -

This conversion, totalling in at 131 pages of content, brings all the rules you need to run FFG's well-loved Warhammer 40,000 RPG in the Genesys system. It's not anywhere near perfect, but it's content complete, and there's been some heavy revision of some of the mechanics throughout the design process, so I think it's ready for an initial 1.0 release now. I fully intend to keep supporting this with errata updates if that becomes necessary (I would be shocked if it isn't necessary). Figured it'd be best to make a new thread for the release so I can start with a clean slate and get some extra eyes on the final product to test it out and spot any balance/typo issues.

Here's a quick outline of what's included :

• A full set of character creation options, including 12 Home Worlds (this setting's Archetypes) 8 classes and a revised skill list to better suit the setting.
  • A whole host of new talents across all five tiers, clocking in at 48 talents total. Some of these are entirely new designs, while some are copied over from FFG's Star Wars line and modified appropriately.
  • A complete equipment section, including rules for weapons, explosives, attachments, armour, custom ammunition types, cybernetics and general equipment
  • Rules for psychic power usage, based upon the magic rules presented in the Genesys Core Rulebook and modified to suit the setting. Includes a handful of new abilities (heavily inspired by Cyvaris' work), as well as a Perils of the Warp table for each psychic discipline, a design idea taken from the failed beta of Dark Heresy 2e.
  • Corruption and mutation rules, allowing characters to slowly succumb to the influence of Chaos over the course of a campaign. These took heavy design cues from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e, with some heavy modification.
  • Expanded rules for fear and mental trauma, based upon the rules for the horror tone presented in the Genesys Core Rulebook. Includes an advantage/threat table for fear check results, and a large list of potential mental trauma effects to inspire GMs and players.
  • A fully fleshed out NPC section, including a list of 17 NPC traits which can be used to create or modify your own adversaries, along with 58 fully statted adversaries. This doesn't cover the whole range of adversaries Acolytes might run into in a typical campaign, but provides a solid jumping-off point for GMs to fill the gaps. 

I plan to support this with additional content, likely in the form of separate supplements rather than updates to the core book. Expanded character creation options are pretty high on the agenda; expect to see something on that front soon.

It should be noted that the content in this PDF really isn't enough to allow a total newbie to understand the Warhammer 40,000 setting. I highly encourage anyone curious to get their hands on a copy of one of the Dark Heresy rulebooks (first or second edition works fine, they're both excellent for fluff) and give it a read; they'll give you the proper context to appreciate the material here. Also, the Genesys Core Rulebook is required, if that wasn't obvious. 

Please either post here or PM me if you spot anything which needs fixing or tweaking, and if you end up running a campaign with this, I'd love to hear about how it all goes, actual play experiences can be great feedback for design purposes. Plus it's just nice to hear what people have been doing with stuff I've made. 

Oh, and I highly recommend actually downloading the PDF; it's fully bookmarked and hyperlinked, something you miss out on if you view it in Google Drive. Makes navigation 10x easier.

xSKes0K.png

- Book Link -

- Supplement currently at release 1.2, see bottom of post for changelogs -

The first expansion for Dark Heresy is ready for release! Weighing in at 63 pages, this features a massively expanded list of talents, gear and character creation options, as well as rules for Subtlety and Influence. I'd call it a must-have for extended campaigns, although everything here is optional. Here's a full feature list.

• Expanded Home World options, adding seven new choices, bringing the grand total to 19 between the two books. New options include Agri-World, Daemon World, Garden World, Mind Cleansed, Quarantine World, Research Station and War Zone.
  • Elite Advances, for playing as Astropaths, Untouchables and several other galactic oddities. 
  • 68 new talents, some from Star Wars, some wholly new.
  • An expanded armour section featuring 19 new guns, 16 new custom ammo types, rules for combi-weapons, 10 new grenades, 10 new melee weapons. 3 new sets of armour, 2 new force fields, 12 new pieces of gear, and 8 servitors for purchase.
  • A section covering requisitioning/buying various services, including void transport, sanctification of weapons and other valuable services.
  • Rules for Influence and Subtlety, allowing your Acolytes to climb the ranks of the Inquisition and receive concrete rewards for it, while feeling mechanical effects (good and bad) for how subtly they conduct their investigations. 

3IpeQLt.png

- Book Link -

- Supplement currently at release 1.0.5, see bottom of post for changelogs -

My own take on a "monster manual" of sorts, this little expansion goes into detail on Tau armaments and NPC statblocks. Eventually I plan to do one of these for a wide range of different opponents. It includes:

• Statistics for Tau weapons, armour and gear, and rules for using and modifying these as a human.
  • Rules for Tau battlesuits, complete with a full host of support and weapons systems, and a custom crit table.
  • Stats for a big variety of Tau enemies, including all the warriors of the Fire Caste, drones, the alien auxiliaries, and the civilian castes. 

- Changelogs- 

Dark Heresy Core Book

Changelog 1.1 –

• The rarity of all items has been rebalanced slightly; this was a long time coming, and was needed to make them better compatible with the Influence system planned for inclusion in a future expansion.
  • Divination Barriers were previously only able to affect the Psyker himself. This restriction has been changed to more closely match how Divination powers work in the original Dark Heresy games.
  • Previously there was no mention of what to do if you roll the same Malignancy roll twice. Now that situation is accounted for; you simply reroll.
  • Some minor typo corrections throughout the book.

Changelog 1.1.5 –

• Changed the Daemonic trait so that the extra soak it provides isn’t negated by Pierce or Breach.
  • After some feedback, I’ve buffed Force Weapons considerably. They now add 2 x Willpower when you concentrate, and Force Weapon Attunement adds 2 x Discipline to their Pierce. This should make them competitive with Power Weapons; they deal more damage, but cost strain to use, balancing them nicely.
  • Added a mention in the Perils of the Warp rules of environmental factors and how they might provide additional modifiers to the roll.

Changelog 1.2 –

• Gear section rebalanced slightly; multikeys got nerfed, rarities have been tweaked, and some superficial text changes have been made to increase clarity.
  • Compact weapon attachment reduced to 1 HP, and altered slightly.
  • Renamed the Multiple Legs trait to Swift, so it can apply to a wider variety of creatures and abilities.
  • Pyromancy has been shifted over to Agility. This way, every characteristic is potentially relevant to Psykers, as Willpower still governs Discipline and is relevant to the use of Force Weapons.
  • Hellpistols and Hellguns received a significant cost increase (x1.5), and their rarity has been bumped up by 1.
  • Gear at character creation can now only be Rarity 6 or lower; this should’ve been adjusted when I changed rarity values, but it slipped my mind.
  • Dataslates didn’t previously have an entry in the gear section – that has been amended
  • Lots of spelling and data entry corrections

Changelog 1.3 –

• Added an Introduction page, explaining some basic points about the conversion.
  • Swords and Axes had their crit ratings increased by 1 across the board; this makes Crit 1 melee weapons a lot less prevalent (Eviscerators are the only one right now). Their costs have been reduced appropriately.
  • Sniper Rifles and Long Las lost their Prepare rating, and gained Accurate. Costs have been increased accordingly.
  • Removed the Anointed attachment. It’s covered in a better way in the first expansion book coming soon; it never made much sense as an attachment.
  • The Tripod/Bipod mount’s effects were changed to mirror those found in Genesys.
  • Added the Enflamed, Collapsible and Poison Reservoir attachments for melee weapons.
  • Added the Blur Field, Preysense Masking and Shock Field attachments for armour. Also changed the mechanics for Superior Armour Customisation; it previously didn’t do anything, due to a mismatch in Genesys and Star Wars rules.
  • Added the following items to the Gear chapter: Pict Caster, Pict Fly, Spider Pads, Tracking Device, Vox Bug, Vox Tracker.
  • Added the following drugs; Anaesthetic, Dreamjuice, Explication Serum, Imperium’s Fervour and Neurotoxin.
  • Some flavour text and artwork has been altered or replaced, and tweaks have been made to the layout in general. 

Changelog 1.4  

• Photo Visors nerfed slightly. Now you must pay extra for the anti-photon qualities.
  • Added the Hoverer trait to coincide with the Xenos Threat Briefing: Tau 1.0 release (Drones use it).
  • Armour Soak values have been tweaked slightly; the soak provided by power armour has been reduced across the board. Previously power armour made you a bit too tough; it trivialised even powerful weapons like bolters. This change should make things slightly more reasonable, without defanging power armour too much. Specifically, Light Power Armour now provides 3 Soak (although this is effectively 4 when you factor in the +1 brawn), and Power Armour provides 4
  • Eviscerators now have Breach 1, and their cost appropriately increased. This is to reflect their role in the lore as anti-tank weapons.
  • Changed the characteristics provided by the Penal Colony homeworld. Previously, there was no Home World which provided 3 Cunning. Now there is; as a tradeoff, they start with 1 Intellect. Seemed the most appropriate, penal colonies aren’t great places to get an education.
  • General typo corrections and formatting fixes.

Changelog 1.4.5  

• Voidborn changed to have 3 Agility, and 1 Brawn. This aligns well with the skills they’d logically be good at, and makes sense with the fluff of them being emaciated, pale skinned weirdos without much physical fortitude. Starting XP dropped to 100 accordingly.
  • Expanded rules for running out of ammo and reloading added. Weapons now run dry on 4 threat, rather than Genesys’ default of having it only occur on a Despair. Auto-firing weapons run out on 3 threats instead. This has also resulted in some general streamlining of the ranged weapons and ammunition section.
  • The Storm quality has been added; it’s essentially an always-on Autofire, replacing Autofire on Heavy Bolters and Heavy Stubbers.
  • Power Weapons had their Breach increased to 2 across the board (except for Power Blades), and Power Fists had their damage tweaked; they now add 2 x Brawn to their damage, but only have +4 damage. Now Power Weapons should be able to actually harm vehicles.
  • RPGs have lost Breach and gained Pierce 4. This is to make them less potent against vehicles (especially when you add Krak Missiles from Liber Heresius into the mix).
  • Krak Grenades had their Breach reduced to 0. Previously they were performing a little TOO well against vehicles.

Changelog 1.5 

• Ranged weapon costs have been totally redone; some haven’t changed, but some did significantly due to gradual changes in their statistics making the prices inaccurate.
  • Lasguns and laspistols gained the new Variable quality, letting them increase their ammo consumption for a slight bump in damage.
  • Plasma guns got the Maximal setting, allowing them to gain Slow-Firing and increase their risk of running out of ammo in exchange for a serious bump in damage potential. They also gained Vicious 2.
  • Hand Cannons now gain Cumbersome 4 if wielded with one hand.
  • Melta Weapons gained Vicious 3.
  • Other minor tweaks made to the balance of ranged weapons. See the PDF for full details; the above only details broad strokes changes.

Changelog 1.6 

• Storm quality renamed to Auto-Fire (Only). This is how it’s recorded in FFG’s own rules for Star Wars, so it’s been changed for consistency’s sake.
  • Variable now only costs an incidental to activate; the original maneuver cost was a mistake.  The same was done  for Maximal.
  • Lore skills tweaked; there is now a third lore skill, Common Lore, covering general knowledge such as information about the various Holy Adeptus, planetary information, knowledge of Imperial lore, etc. Scholastic Lore is changed to no longer cover these topics. Adepts now start with Common Lore as a career skill instead of Forbidden Lore. This change was made because I was finding in my own test sessions that Scholastic Lore was a bit too much of a potent skill; it came up very frequently and covered too many bases. This change should make it a bit less of a potent skill, but still legitimately useful, and Common Lore should also be very useful.
  • Mental Trauma rules revised completely, with a new focus on developing individual traumas that increase in severity over time, rather than a bunch of unrelated traumas. Various minor parts of the rules were tweaked to accommodate this.
  •  Added a note to make it clear that cybernetics can’t raise characteristics above 5.

Liber Heresius

Changelog 1.1 –

• Armour Soak values have been reduced here too to bring them in line with the core book’s 1.4 values. Heavy Power Armour now provides 5 Soak, and Terminator Armour 7
  • Changed the cover art, now it matches the others in the line.
  • General typo corrections and formatting fixes.

Changelog 1.1.5 –

• Added encumbrance values to the Standard Ammunition table; this was previously forgotten about.
  • War Zone statistics swapped from 1 Willpower to 1 Intellect.
  • Tweaks made to align the book with changes in 1.4.5 of the core book.

Changelog 1.2 –

• Wyrd Elite Advance reduced to 5XP cost. This makes it a mechanically viable option; previously it cost just as much as buying a rank in a Psychic Discipline, which made it a very poor choice balance wise.
  • Hardened Soul and Strength Through Conviction modified to suit the new Trauma system.           

Ordo Xenos Threat Briefing - Tau

Changelog 1.0.5 –

• Tweaked the Adversary ratings on NPCs; I’d forgotten to include them in some profiles.
  • Tweaks made to align the book with changes in 1.4.5 of the core book.
Edited by Tom Cruise

So, I ended up jumping into the expansion content I mentioned faster than I thought.

I've got some pretty sizeable plans for the first supplement release, but for now, here's the expanded list of talents I plan to include. A lot of these are original, but many of them are ported over from Star Wars and tweaked to fit (thanks heaps to @TheSapient and @ESP77 for the Genesys Talents Expanded project, it made searching through all the Star Wars talents and finding what I wanted to port over super easy). 

- Link

This is still pretty rough; some of the tier placement might be off, and the talent design itself could be wonky, so give it a look and let me know what you think. Feedback helps a lot to make sure the expansion isn't wonky and badly designed when it releases. 

Plan is to drip feed out these sections as I get them close to completion, then release it all as a collated PDF book when I'm happy with what I've got. 

EDIT: Added a few more to this that I missed in the first release, should be done now (unless anyone comes up with some nice suggestions). Links is updated. 

Edited by Tom Cruise

I think the groundwork is here for doing a Rogue Trader game, but you'd need to add on some extra mechanics. Ships are an obvious one; I haven't touched on vehicles much here at all, although they'd be easy to do in Genesys. Profit Factor is something I'm not sure how I'd handle, but you'd want to represent it somehow. You'd probably also be looking at tweaking the skill list a little, and adding in some talents to suit Rogue Trader campaigns.

I'm not really looking at doing Rogue Trader stuff at the moment unfortunately, currently I'm fully focused on fleshing out Dark Heresy itself. If anyone else wants to tackle the project though, they're welcome to, and I'll happily throw my ideas at it. 

Okay, two shiny new PDFs in this post. First, the less exciting part.

The Dark Heresy rules are now at 1.1. That sounds exciting, but the changes are fairly minor. Here's the changelog. And.

Changelog 1.1 –

• The rarity of all items has been rebalanced slightly; this was a long time coming, and was needed to make them better compatible with the Influence system planned for inclusion in a future expansion.
  • Divination Barriers were previously only able to affect the Psyker himself. This restriction has been changed to more closely match how Divination powers work in the original Dark Heresy games.
  • Previously there was no mention of what to do if you roll the same Malignancy roll twice. Now that situation is accounted for; you simply reroll.
  • Some minor typo corrections throughout the book.

Download the 1.1 PDF here

And on a more exciting note, I've finished my first draft of Influence and Subtlety rules. These Influence rules aren't quite the wholecloth replacement for Thrones that they were in DH2e; instead they're meant to act as a supplementary system on top of normal gear purchasing, based on a modified version of the Duty system from Age of Rebellion.  Please give them a look and let me know your thoughts; it's only a first draft, plenty of room for change here.

Download the Influence and Subtlety test rules here.

@Tom Cruise

Those are great. Not sure if 100 Influence needed to gain Renown +1 is a bit too much.

I'll probably lower this to fit my campaign. 

In my campaign, the have to corrupt various places and people around the hive in order to corrupt a ritual to resurrect an Imperial hero, who gets resurrected over and over, in order to pull that hero towards chaos.

They win if they reach 99 Corruption throughout the hive (key locations and people) before said ritual is done.

So, I'll probably houserule that a bit, but all in all, I like both the Influence and the Subtlety rules.

Nicely done.

8 hours ago, Tom Cruise said:

I think the groundwork is here for doing a Rogue Trader game, but you'd need to add on some extra mechanics. Ships are an obvious one; I haven't touched on vehicles much here at all, although they'd be easy to do in Genesys. Profit Factor is something I'm not sure how I'd handle, but you'd want to represent it somehow. You'd probably also be looking at tweaking the skill list a little, and adding in some talents to suit Rogue Trader campaigns.

I'm not really looking at doing Rogue Trader stuff at the moment unfortunately, currently I'm fully focused on fleshing out Dark Heresy itself. If anyone else wants to tackle the project though, they're welcome to, and I'll happily throw my ideas at it. 

I could see Profit Factor being represented by Morality, but you want to gain conflict. You could call it profit, where on a endeavor you try to gain as much profit as you can and at the end of the endeavor a d10 is rolled and you see if your Profit Factor increases. Profit will be harder to earn than conflict, stuff like a resource world would be 4 profit or something, a new colony 5, etc. Make it harder, but it is rolled less often.

Stuff like acquisitions can probably be done by having Profit Factor lower rarity, 10 profit factor represents -1 rarity. But some stuff is >10 rarity, meaning if you have 100 Profit Factor you can more easily try to afford super rare stuff.

The ships and talents part of Rogue Trader wouldn't be really hard either, as SWRPG and Genesys have good talents for trading and capital ship combat. And larger SWRPG ships would work well as 40k ships, maybe with more armor and with different rules for astrogation.

Those are some solid ideas Ricky, seems like it'd be a pretty straightforward conversion. Might be something I'd consider doing down the track, but I've got a lot of ideas for Dark Heresy yet.

Also, here's a quick update to the Influence and Subtlety rules. Some minor tweaks, including hard rules for what spending Renown rewards on R&R do, some guidelines on how to reduce/increase Subtlety when going from planet to planet, and some new talents which pertain directly to Subtlety and Influence. Let me know what you think!

- Link -

Also, a general feedback request slash call for suggestions; 

I'm currently designing a system for Elite Advances; special traits you can buy for your character (some during character creation, some during play), which go beyond the scope of plain talents. Currently I've got the following included;

• Cybernetic Resurrection
  • Exorcised
  • Mutant
  • Untouchable
  • Wyrd

What other stuff would you like to see represented? Anything kind of character the current rules don't really allow you to make adequately?

Edited by Tom Cruise

New version, just a quick one again. - LINK - 

Changelog 1.1.5 –

• Changed the Daemonic trait so that the extra soak it provides isn’t negated by Pierce or Breach.
  • After some feedback, I’ve buffed Force Weapons considerably. They now add 2 x Willpower when you concentrate, and Force Weapon Attunement adds 2 x Discipline to their Pierce. This should make them competitive with Power Weapons; they deal more damage, but cost strain to use, balancing them nicely.
  • Added a mention in the Perils of the Warp rules of environmental factors and how they might provide additional modifiers to the roll.

And another tease of the next book; the entire Armoury section. It's a little rough, but it includes all the new ranged weapons, grenades, melee weapons, ammo types, armour and general gear. Give it a look and tell me what you think!

Emphasis was on high level gear here, because the lower end is mostly covered by the core book. Lots of fancy Inquisitorial gear in here. 

- LINK -

I know the Lathe worlds is a long way, but I am looking forward to the machine cult stuff from there, as well as the Radical's Handbook, and Daemon Hunter.  I wonder how ascension is going to factor in, hmm.

You are a beast man.  So much good stuff so quickly.  

Might want to change the name of the hellguns to hot-shot lasguns, otherwise it is confusing having the hellrifle be so much different.

Some of the damage numbers seem a bit inflated particularly the hellguns, almost double the damage versus well armored opponents?  Warhammer at +5 seems too high, etc.  Though having higher damage on average than in the base rule book could fit the world.  

I  would love to see some more xenos weaponry for those slightly wayward acolytes among us.  Tau weaponry at the very least.

****, it took FFG years to put together this much stuff for SW.

^2

Posted (edited)

I'm not really going through book by book and porting over everything, honestly. I'm mostly just cherry picking relevant stuff from various Dark Heresy books across both editions. Ascension will more or less be covered by the expansion I'm working on now, between the Influence rules and the much higher end gear. I don't see the need to have special rules for high level characters; a lot of XP and access to some nice gear and assets is adequate. 

If there's anything from a particular book you really think would be good to see, feel free to let me know, but I'm trying to avoid being too overly specific with gear options. I don't want to fall down the 10,000 lasgun variants hole that DH1e's expansions tended to. 

Edited by Tom Cruise

Quick update; some gear rebalancing here, amongst other things. Biggest change is probably shifting Pyromancy over to Agility, which I think was the right move for balance, and makes a lot of sense thematically.

Changelog 1.2 –

• Gear section rebalanced slightly; multikeys got nerfed, rarities have been tweaked, and some superficial text changes have been made to increase clarity.
  • Compact weapon attachment reduced to 1 HP, and altered slightly.
  • Renamed the Multiple Legs trait to Swift, so it can apply to a wider variety of creatures and abilities.
  • Pyromancy has been shifted over to Agility. This way, every characteristic is potentially relevant to Psykers, as Willpower still governs Discipline and is relevant to the use of Force Weapons.
  • Hellpistols and Hellguns received a significant cost increase (x1.5), and their rarity has been bumped up by 1.
  • Gear at character creation can now only be Rarity 6 or lower; this should’ve been adjusted when I changed rarity values, but it slipped my mind.
  • Dataslates didn’t previously have an entry in the gear section – that has been amended
  • Lots of spelling and data entry corrections

- LINK -

I've got some exciting stuff coming soon, first expansion book is nearing completion. I'll keep you all posted.

First of all, heartfelt kudos. This is beautiful, painstaking work, and as someone who loves the Warhammer 40,000 setting but not so much the most recent RPG rulesets, I am thrilled to see it.

This is admittedly an entirely selfish and idiosyncratic request, but could you please add the Adepta Sororitas as an additional career? I have always loved them.

Again, thanks for all your terrific efforts, and your generosity in sharing your work.

Thanks for the kind words! In terms of Sororitas, I did consider it but I'm not sure if they're necessary as a career option? The guardsman or cleric careers cover them pretty well, considering all careers provide is packages of skills. 

It would be quite easy to include a Sororitas career though so I could do it, there's been a few requests. 

This is off-topic here, but is there anyone around here that has this type of knowledge of WFRP 3rd edition? It seems like that would be RIPE for conversion to the updated Genesys system. The level of detail and care you've put into this 40K port is amazing. Kudos!

1 hour ago, Tom Cruise said:

I actually used bits and pieces of the WFRP system for this conversion. Mainly their corruption rules; some of the text is directly copied and altered to fit. 

Very interesting. I have most of the WFRP 3rd edition bits and pieces and have been working on a conversion of the creatures in the Creature Guide for that game. Mind you, nothing comparatively close to what you've produced here. It got me curious why we're seeing such an excellent third party ruleset for the 40K product but, unless my search-fu is weak on the forums, nothing for the fantasy setting that is essentially the grandfather of this new game system. With so much 3rd edition similarity it seems like it would be ideal for a port. 4th edition WFRP is coming out this year and all I can think of is "I want to play WFRP with narrative dice". :)

I was initially interested in working on a WFRP hack, but it's a lot more work than a 40k conversion. Getting the careers well-balanced would be very hard, and other core mechanics would need significant tweaking, as the Genesys system is a little bit too heroic and forgiving for the Old World.

Saying that, WFRP3 uses the original narrative dice, so it could be done; I'm just personally not convinced the setting and mechanics are a good match.

1 hour ago, 9littlebees said:

I was initially interested in working on a WFRP hack, but it's a lot more work than a 40k conversion. Getting the careers well-balanced would be very hard, and other core mechanics would need significant tweaking, as the Genesys system is a little bit too heroic and forgiving for the Old World.

Saying that, WFRP3 uses the original narrative dice, so it could be done; I'm just personally not convinced the setting and mechanics are a good match.

I feel the same way after having put some thought into it. On the surface, since it's Narrative Dice 1.0 it seems like it would be relatively easy. Once you start asking questions about "what makes WFRP WFRP?", looking at the magic system, careers, etc. the amount of work to get it all shoehorned in and balanced seems overwhelming. I think I'll just wait until Cubicle 7 scratches the itch here in a few months with 4E. :)

Big update incoming!

Here's my first test release of the Liber Heresius, the first expansion book for Dark Heresy. Here's a rundown of the features, stolen right from the Introduction chapter.

Introduction

“Our enemies prowl in the shadows of shining cathedrals. They scuttle in the darkness of dank underhives. They lurk in the corners of gilded palaces. They even dare to stand openly, hiding behind false faces and honeyed words. They are everywhere that men live and breathe — and so we must always be ready to face them with fire and the Emperor’s wrath!”

– from the Epistles of Inquisitor Kharkov

Dark Heresy for Genesys provides a solid foundation upon which players can create interesting and unique characters. However, the world of the 41st Millenium is a diverse place, full of unique and bizarre individuals who often populate the ranks of the Holy Inquisition. This book provides expanded character options and rules, building upon those established in the Dark Heresy core book. It is broken into the following chapters:

Chapter I - Expanded Home Worlds

Seven new Home World options, bringing the total avaliable to 19 when including those from Dark Heresy’s core book.

Chapter II - Elite Advances

A new system added to character creation and advancement, where players can invest XP into powerful character traits which sit outside of the usual talent structure of Genesys.

Chapter III - New Talents

A wide range of new talents (68 in total), expanding on those avaliable in Dark Heresy and the Genesys Core Rulebook. Some of these are brand new, and some adapted from the rich options avaliable in Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars Roleplaying system which Genesys is based on.

Chapter IV - Expanded Armoury

A significant expansion of the armoury section detailed in Dark Heresy, adding a wide variety of rare and unique arms and armaments.

Chapter V - Influence and Subtlety

An optional rules system for tracking an Acolyte Cell’s renown and influence within the Inquisition and the wider Imperium, as well as monitoring how subtlety they conduct their investigations, with appropriate ramifications and rewards for their behaviour.

Note that this isn't final; I can still add content and tweak things significantly, but it represents most of what I want to have in this release. Think of it as kind of a hybrid of the Inquisitor's Handbook and Ascension from Dark Heresy 1e, with some hints of the three Enemies books from DH2e.

Not the last expansion I plan to do, but most likely the biggest. 

Please give lots of feedback if you take a look at this! I want it to be in a good state balance and content wise before I put the official 1.0 stamp on it.

- LINK -