Sign in to follow this  
Sonikgav

34 Points for an Ace?

Looking at trying out a pair of Bombers. Essentially playing a similar role of Wardens with Clusters except they aim to really clog up the board using Mapper on one each and then having 3 more to drop. Now initially i was just going to run 3 all the same but i'm thinking i need something different to support them, to do what they can't such as an Ace that can put a little hurt on ships happy to stay away from me, has decent survivability and is also able to dodge around the minefields itself.

So with that in mind, the list.

Crimson Squadron Pilot (25)
Minefield Mapper (0)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)

Crimson Squadron Pilot (25)
Minefield Mapper (0)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)

and for the ace i have picked...

Jake Farrell (24)
Intensity (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 100

I'm open to suggestions. I know there's a cut down Poe that works at 34 but i'm not too up on the Rebel Aces.

Edited by Sonikgav

I'm kinda having a hard time finding ace-like builds in rebels for 34 points, jake as you mentioned is an option although I would drop either Intensity or PTL for VI, since at Ps7 he wont dodge many arcs, and either leave the points for a bid or for defensive plating (on one or on both, depending on what you switch).

I know it's not an ace, but I do love the K-Wing, and a warden with Bomblet Generator, Sabine and TLT clocks in a 34, it adds infinite bombs, sabine and a steady damage tlt.

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Sabine Wren (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)

Total: 34

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You could also put Stressbot Braylen in there at 32 points, which lets you put defensive plating on each of your bombers and will give you control over enemy ships.

Braylen Stramm (25)
Gunner (5)
R3-A2 (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Total: 32

And ace-ish build might be Snap in his T-70 with something like this:

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Total: 34

The wedge mentioned by @Phelan Boots might also be something to try, although switching to predator might not be horrible, since with predator you can focus, and not use it in your attack or in your defense while with expertise you'll have to TL to have a fully modded attack.

Hope any of this helps and gives you ideas, good luck!

I like those ideas.

Another I was considering is Ahsoka in the "you can't see me" TIE with Sabine and Ion Projectors on the Bombers but the Warden sounds a good shout too.

Edited by Sonikgav

So, while I think 3 of those bombers is hella good, I understand wanting a bit of variety. With that in mind, I would second the suggestion of Wedge with Expertise/FAA/IA, though he isn't exactly a zippy little ace. For such a ship, I would forward Snap Wexley with VI, Black One, IA, Pattern Analyzer, and FAA. 

However, a Strezra is a potent filler at that point range: Snap Shot, R3-A2, Luke Skywalker. He can triple stress and, defensively, likes to be stressed. He's a brutal little guy, I adore him.

How about this Poe build. 

(34)

•Poe Dameron (34) - T-70 X-Wing
Adaptability (0), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Autothrusters (2)

If you can dig up 2 points for advanced optics it would make Poe more effective. 

Edited by dsh7718