Jump to content
Warlordus

future expansions: what would you like to see?

Recommended Posts

as we all know runewars is still a young game. what kind of expansions would you like to see in the future?

As a Waiqar player i wpuld just love to see some ,,elite" infantry, some form of skeleton guard with heavy armor, slow but deadly and on some waiqar art we can see a dragon. I want that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love a book product. Something with expanded lore, army list details, everything. Maybe stats on all current units and commanders. 

Quality book material is what a lot of competitor minis companies offer and is the only area I think RW is lacking. 

Edit - and yes, heavy infantry for Waiqar would be great. I almost kinda want heavy infantry for Latari, but thinks it goes against their theme too much. 

Edited by Hawkman2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I like the idea of Pegasus riders. Does anyone have examples of a good way to fit horse wings in the thin cavalry spaces? I've never been a fan of having to use clear pegs to make a unit look like it is flying though. 

I'd love to see a dwarven army! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hepitude said:

I don't think I like the idea of Pegasus riders. Does anyone have examples of a good way to fit horse wings in the thin cavalry spaces? I've never been a fan of having to use clear pegs to make a unit look like it is flying though. 

I'd love to see a dwarven army! 

As they are flying they don’t necessarily have to be cavalry. A siege base should give plenty of room for wings when they are not spread out but move more to the rear of the horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hepitude said:

I don't think I like the idea of Pegasus riders. Does anyone have examples of a good way to fit horse wings in the thin cavalry spaces? I've never been a fan of having to use clear pegs to make a unit look like it is flying though. 

What if some had their wings up and others had their wings down? The ones with the wings down could even have the wings  be a contact point with the base and the legs could be drawn up under the figure to accentuate the fact that they are flying and not running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF the Uthuk Y'llan ever get a way to bring out-of-faction units into their armies, I'd like to see the penalty be something like they have to suffer 1 wound at the end of each round. Something that makes you feel that these units were enslaved and they aren't doing too well health-wise in the Ynfernael wasteland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 6:45 PM, Budgernaut said:

What if some had their wings up and others had their wings down? The ones with the wings down could even have the wings  be a contact point with the base and the legs could be drawn up under the figure to accentuate the fact that they are flying and not running.

Problems with embedded units is my guess to answer the what if.  A lot of questionable ones as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Problems with embedded units is my guess to answer the what if.  A lot of questionable ones as is. 

Good point, but not all units need figure upgrades. If you remove the champion upgrade from them, the problem is solved. After all, it wouldn't make much sense for Aliana or Maegan to be embedded in a flying unit.

Edited by Budgernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Good point, but not all units need figure upgrades. If you remove the champion upgrade from them, the problem is solved. After all, it wouldn't make much sense for Aliana or Maegan to be embedded in a flying unit.

the moose can definitely fly, I've had enough of your naysaying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 7:40 PM, rowdyoctopus said:

I've been saying this since I read about them in the lore book. I want a Dragonlords faction.

Oh **** yes. Dragonmen elite fighters, expendable human thralls, draconic 'cavalry', and giant dragon models? I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Speaking of, I'd love to see a big monster of some kind for each faction, say with a 1x2 sized base, or even 2x2 if you're feeling particularly spicy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, Hawkman2000 said:

I’d love a book product. Something with expanded lore, army list details, everything. Maybe stats on all current units and commanders. 

Quality book material is what a lot of competitor minis companies offer and is the only area I think RW is lacking. 

Edit - and yes, heavy infantry for Waiqar would be great. I almost kinda want heavy infantry for Latari, but thinks it goes against their theme too much. 

I can't help but feel like Latari have *something* else coming for infantry. They've got figure upgrades that don't make sense in either Deepwood Archers nor Darnati Warriors, to my eye. I'm thinking of the Warsong Herald -- a heraldry figure upgrade that clearly belongs in an anvil the Latari simply don't have announced. Perhaps there will be a shrubbery-scion unit with armor 2 on infantry trays or something. I could be wrong, and the notion is that Darnati taking Warsongs are supposed to shift-charge into flanks to get into combats that they don't just crumble to, but it seems like a stretch and very difficult to set up reliably enough to spend points on when a panicky Aymhelion Scion would do just as well for immensely cheaper.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:35 PM, Hepitude said:

I don't think I like the idea of Pegasus riders. Does anyone have examples of a good way to fit horse wings in the thin cavalry spaces? I've never been a fan of having to use clear pegs to make a unit look like it is flying though. 

I'd love to see a dwarven army! 

Pegasi can easily be modelled with wings in different stages of their flight stroke. There's a lot of diagonal movement in a wing's stroke among birds that would make it plenty plausible for some pegasi to have their wings angling slightly forward, and others slightly backward so you can alternate them on cavalry bases. Alternately, they go on siege bases (and might even retain the cavalry unit type but lack figure upgrade slots, or have a restriction on them that only permits figure upgrades with a flying keyword, which would also be on siege bases) and only come in 1 tray wide formations so they fly single file. If you want to have any pegasus-mounted characters, put them on a cavalry base, model them with their wings stretched high enough and forward/backward enough on the model to clear Leonx Riders and their spears, and include a scenic base for them. Now, they can slot into a Leonx cavalry unit just fine, and you can mount them on their scenic base to put them at the head of a unit of pegasus riders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kaffis said:

I can't help but feel like Latari have *something* else coming for infantry. They've got figure upgrades that don't make sense in either Deepwood Archers nor Darnati Warriors, to my eye. I'm thinking of the Warsong Herald -- a heraldry figure upgrade that clearly belongs in an anvil the Latari simply don't have announced. Perhaps there will be a shrubbery-scion unit with armor 2 on infantry trays or something. I could be wrong, and the notion is that Darnati taking Warsongs are supposed to shift-charge into flanks to get into combats that they don't just crumble to, but it seems like a stretch and very difficult to set up reliably enough to spend points on when a panicky Aymhelion Scion would do just as well for immensely cheaper.

I always assumed you would play Warsong Herald less for the reroll and more to prevent the Darnati Warriors from suffering morale tests when the Deepwood Archers shoot at the enemy engaged with the Darnati Warriors. But I see what you mean, because then you're adding a reroll to a unit that already has Precise 1 in addition to its rerolls for ranks. Then again, they max out at 2 rerolls, and I know from experience that a 3rd reroll can be quite welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Budgernaut said:

I always assumed you would play Warsong Herald less for the reroll and more to prevent the Darnati Warriors from suffering morale tests when the Deepwood Archers shoot at the enemy engaged with the Darnati Warriors. But I see what you mean, because then you're adding a reroll to a unit that already has Precise 1 in addition to its rerolls for ranks. Then again, they max out at 2 rerolls, and I know from experience that a 3rd reroll can be quite welcome!

Playing Warsong Herald on Darnati feels weird because if I charged/accepted a charge from something with them, I wouldn't expect enough of them to survive for me to care that they ended up with panic on them. And they're not going to hold anything in place for all that long. It's not like they're a reanimates-quality tarpit. ****, for the points you have to spend on a 6-block of Darnati, you can get 3 Aymhelin Scions, which I guarantee will tie up more stuff at range for your archers, for longer. But they're siege, so they can't take a figure upgrade. Warsong Herald would have made so much sense as a non-figure Heraldry upgrade, that I don't understand what infantry they expected you to put it on.

****, I'd put it on Darnati if I could take it on a 4-tray unit. Then my archers benefit from the re-roll, the points investment is less so I don't care that the Darnati are a terribly fragile anvil, and at two trays wide I can more reliably see past them to shoot what they're fighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though, now that I'm looking at it, I wonder if a 9-tray Darnati Warriors with a Support Scion, Warsong Herald, Dispatch Runner, and Tactical Starling would be worthwhile. It's 76 points, which is probably too pricey to make it worthwhile, but the notion of setting up shifts on 6 with a skill modifier to take a charge, not take panic when your archers shoot, then disengage and re-activate the archers is interesting, and the Support Scion might lend enough durability (along with the third rank) to keep the unit around long enough to rinse and repeat a time or two. If you're close enough to overgrown terrain, your Support Scion even lets you extend your disengage to position your pursuers favorably. If you stood and fought, the Support Scion would let you shimmy along their line to open up LOS for your archers before they fire, too.

And Dispatch Running your archers isn't a half bad idea, since they only really care if they get stunned if they're trying to fire on the move (unnecessary if you're holding their targets in place or leading them around with a Darnati unit) or trying to use Fire Runes or Storm Sorceresses.

Dammit. Now I think I have to try this for laughs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaffis said:

Playing Warsong Herald on Darnati feels weird because if I charged/accepted a charge from something with them, I wouldn't expect enough of them to survive for me to care that they ended up with panic on them. And they're not going to hold anything in place for all that long. It's not like they're a reanimates-quality tarpit. ****, for the points you have to spend on a 6-block of Darnati, you can get 3 Aymhelin Scions, which I guarantee will tie up more stuff at range for your archers, for longer. But they're siege, so they can't take a figure upgrade. Warsong Herald would have made so much sense as a non-figure Heraldry upgrade, that I don't understand what infantry they expected you to put it on.

****, I'd put it on Darnati if I could take it on a 4-tray unit. Then my archers benefit from the re-roll, the points investment is less so I don't care that the Darnati are a terribly fragile anvil, and at two trays wide I can more reliably see past them to shoot what they're fighting.

It is not put a panic on them, it is suffer a level 1 test (which can be pushed by any panic on them by your opponent)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...