CubsFanSean23

Regionals

For upcoming regionals,  is this list still viable? If not what companion(s) for Asajj will work best, I am very comfortable flying her and so........

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=ScumandVillainy&d=v4!s!219:18,122,-1,128:-1:12:;253:27,0,126,243,-1,237,-1:53:3:U.107,u.117&sn=Timewalk Asajj&obs=

Edited by CubsFanSean23

1 hour ago, CubsFanSean23 said:

Copy paste the link sorry,  not sure what happened......

Copy/Paste didn't work for me. If you're not on your phone you can hit the Print/View as Text button and copy/paste the BBCode onto here. If you are on your phone, you can use the Text button to copy the code to paste. That way we can look at the squad on the forum.

Edited by jwilliamson12

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Glitterstim (2)
Countermeasures (3)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I like that Asajj build. It's more or less a standard setup for her. Nym has a lot happening, but it should give you plenty of options based on what your opponent is doing. I've seen TLT/AC Nym work really well. You could drop Glitterstim off Asajj to upgrade to TLT if you want, but the ion could come in handy to set up a sitting duck for your missile or bomb. 

Oh, you could also do scavenger crane to get CM to work a few more times, possibly. Could be helpful with all the missile-carrying gunboats out there.

Edited by jwilliamson12

2 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

No Latts? Asajj loves Latts, in a totally defensive platonic way. With double 'stim an 'measures, she's really, really, tough to damage.

I didn't even notice Latts not being there. I just assumed... K4 works better with Sabine + title.

Edited by jwilliamson12

If you are looking for re-rolls over latts, than use Dengar over K4.  It's the same point cost, but a target lock can be removed by countermeasures, black one, Wes.  And it broadcasts your target.  Dengar gives you more freedom and choices.

For the record, Latts would still be my preferred choice.

I feel like your Nym is gonna get singled out and focused down because you have some much invested in him he is worth more from the points stand point.

What about this build? Points are spread a bit more evenly

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Latts Razzi (2)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Countermeasures (3)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
R5-P8 (3)
Long-Range Scanners (0)
Havoc (0)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by RedSkull
wrong upgrade listed on Nym

The ideas here are helpful. I fly various versions of Asajj and know how helpful latts is. I don't discount all the ideas with her.  I stole this idea from a build Paul LaRue had used to win a couple store champs.....target lock, focus, evade on almost all turns......when Attani was out there, latts was, much more helpful,  to me now, unless it's a push the limit ace, latts gets he 1 evade the same way k4 does only now I am not limited to the ship I assign stress too...... it's not perfect,  but that's the idea......

Edited by CubsFanSean23

13 minutes ago, CubsFanSean23 said:

The ideas here are helpful. I fly various versions of Asajj and now how helpful latts is. I don't discount all the ideas with her.  I stole this idea from a build Paul LaRue had used to win a couple store champs.....target lock, focus, evade on almost all turns......when Attani was out there, latts was, much more helpful,  to me now, unless it's a push the limit ace, latts gets he 1 evade the same way k4 does only now I am not limited to the ship I assign stress too...... it's not perfect,  but that's the idea......

Although I haven't tried K4, I much prefer the idea of Latts, because with Latts you can have 2 evades, while with K4 you can only have one, albeit with Latts your attack is weaker but that extra evade is extremely helpful, and will make Asajj an 1v1 monster to kill. Latts has saved my Asajj many times, but ultimately play with both and see which one you like the most.

13 minutes ago, CubsFanSean23 said:

The ideas here are helpful. I fly various versions of Asajj and now how helpful latts is. I don't discount all the ideas with her.  I stole this idea from a build Paul LaRue had used to win a couple store champs.....target lock, focus, evade on almost all turns......when Attani was out there, latts was, much more helpful,  to me now, unless it's a push the limit ace, latts gets he 1 evade the same way k4 does only now I am not limited to the ship I assign stress too...... it's not perfect,  but that's the idea......

I've flown countless rounds with Asajj, specifically I love double Lancers.  I agree I use K4 with Asajj.  I understand you have a few people that can roll the target lock off, but I'm a HUGE fan of K4 with Asajj, I prefer Dengar when you put it with Ketsu since there's a higher bumping chance.  Countermeasures with scavenger crane is extremely useful.  Latts helps, but with your particular build where I feel like Nym is going to be targeted first, I'd stick with K4 for a better power out in the first rounds.