Tkalamov

Warcraft conversion - Compiled

So I started this thread on a Warcraft conversion, but it was more than an inquiry than anything else. Now that I've actually started working on it, I decided to have an easy to access spot where I can post the homebrew rules without it being all messy. Please feel free to leave feedback, suggestions and criticism on anything that you think needs tweaking. 

PROGRESS SO FAR:

- Races (DONE for both factions, replaced mine with those suggested by Bellyon as they are SO much better and flavorful. Reduced the starting XP on some of them by 5, because they are a bit stronger than they usually would be, but otherwise - fully replaced)

- Classes and their starting skills (still needs tweaking)

- Rogue-specific talents (I've done away with spec talents as they can really shoehorn a class into a specific direction, so instead I'll just write-up a few class-specific talents relating to each spec, which would be free to purchase or leave)

TO DO:

- Other class-specific talents

- Death Knight, Monk, and Demon Hunter (Not sure whether to make DK and DH separate classes or talents at later tiers)

- More races (Allied races that are coming with Battle for Azeroth)

- Spells (not sure whether to design it as a Vancian-type system, make it talent based or skill based)

- Bestiary

- Uncommon/Rare/Epic weapons and gear

WARCRAFT RACES FOR GENESYS v. 2.docx

Rogue talents.docx

WARCRAFT GENESYS CLASSES v. 1.docx

Edited by Tkalamov

Just tweaked some of the Rogue talents, which could be upgradeable, and which not. It's still an ongoing process, the thread on Talents is really helpful with the process so far. Poisons will become a thing soon enough, they'll be put on the TO DO list shortly, whine in-and-out of Stealth can be interpreted narratively easily enough, so I won't be elaborating on any descriptions whilst they are in the rough draft state.

It's good :D I did something here to help you, ok? See what you think:

Humans
2 2 2 2 2 2
10 WT / 10 ST / 100 XP
[12,5] Special Abilities: Humans begin the game with one rank in Leadership and with one rank in one non-career skills of their choice. They still may not train these skills above rank 2 at character creation.
[2,5] Human Spirit: Humans may add one boost dice to any Discipline check.
[10] Every Man For Himself: Humans start with one rank in Touch of Fate talent.

Ironforge Dwarven
2 2 2 2 3 1
11 WT / 10 ST / 90 XP
[5] +1 Wound
[5] Special Abilities: Ironforge Dwarves begin the game with one rank in Resilience. They still may not train Resilience above rank 2 during the character creation.
[5] Darkvision: When making skill checks Ironforge Dwarves may remove two setback dices imposed due to low light conditions.
[7,5] Stoneflash: Ironforge Dwarves receive +1 soak.
[2,5] Frost Resistence: When making skill checks, Ironforge Dwarves may remove one setback dice imposed due to cold environmental conditions.

Wildhammer Dwarven
2 2 2 2 3 1
11 WT / 10 ST / 90 XP
[5] +1 Wound
[5] Fearless: Wildhammer Dwarves start with one rank in the Confidence talent.
[10] Special Abilities: Wildhammer Dwarves begin the game with one rank in Resilience and one in Survival. They still may not train these skills above rank 2 during the character creation.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Wildhammer Dwarves may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.
[2,5] Frost Resistence: When making skill checks, Wildhammer Dwarves may remove one setback dice imposed due to cold environmental conditions.

Night Elf
2 3 2 2 2 1
10 WT / 11 ST / 85 XP
[5] +1 Strain
[5] Special Abilities: Night Elves begin the game with one rank in Nature. They still may not train Nature above rank 2 during the character creation.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Night Elves may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.
[5] Nimble: Night Elves start with one rank in Dodge talent.
[5] Shadowmeld: When making Stealth checks at night or in low-light environments, Night Elves may add two boost dices while stationary.
[7,5] Swift as Shadows: Night Elves may decrease the difficulty of any Stealth made at night or in low-light environments. If he decreases the difficulty to zero, he does not have to make a Stealth check.

Gnome
1 2 3 2 2 2
8 WT / 10 ST / 90 XP
[-10] -2 Wound
[0] 0 Silhouette
[10] Spell Resistance: When being target of a spell, Gnomes may spend 1 strain to upgrade the difficult in one.
[5] Master Tinker: Gnomes start with one rank in Gearhead talent.
[5] Big Ears: Gnomes may add one boost dice to any Perception check related to audition.
[10] Special Abilities: Gnomes begin the game with one rank in Mechanic. They still may not train Mechanic above rank 2 during the character creation. All Knowledges are treated as class skills.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Gnomes may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.

Draenei
2 1 2 2 3 2
14 WT / 10 ST / 80 XP
[20] +4 Wound
[5] Special Abilities: Draeneis begin the game with one rank in Discipline. They still may not train Discipline above rank 2 during the character creation.
[10] Gift of the Naaru: keep the same.

Worgen
3 2 2 1 2 2
12 / 9 / 85
[10] +2 Wound
[-5] -1 Strain
[10] Special Abilities: Worgen begin the game with one rank in Perception and one in Stealth. They still may not train these skills above rank 2 during the character creation.
[5] Claws: When a Worgen makes Brawl checks to deal damage to an opponent, he deals +1 damage and has a Critical Rating of 3.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Worgens may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.
[5] Scent: Worgen may add one boost dice to any Perception check related to scent.

==============================================================

Orc
3 2 1 2 2 2
12 WT / 9 ST / 85 XP
[10] +2 Wound
[-5] -1 Strain
[5] Special Abilities: Orcs begin the game with one rank in Brawl or Melee (Heavy). They still may not train Brawl or Melee (Heavy) above rank 2 during character creation.
[2,5] Ferocious: Orcs may add one boost dice to any Intimidation check.
[10] Battle Rage: When an Orc has suffered any wounds, he deals +1 damage to Brawl and Melee attacks. When an Orc is Critically Injured, he instead deals +2 damage to Brawl and Melee attacks.
[5] Orc Ferocity: Orcs start with one rank in Heroic Fortitude talent.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Orcs may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.

Troll
2 2 1 3 2 2
12 WT / 9 ST / 85 XP
[10] +2 Wound
[-5] -1 Strain
[10] Troll Regeneration: Whenever a Troll would recover one or more wounds from natural rest, he recovers one adidional wound. He does not recover one aditional wound from a character or when using a healing item. Trolls can regrow lost limbs as well, though it usually takes at least a month before the limb is usable.
[5] Acrobatic: Trolls begin the game with one rank in Athletics or Coordenation. They still may not train these skills above rank 2 during the character creation.
[5] Beast Hunters: Trolls start with one rank in Hunter talent.
[5] Berserking: Trolls start with one rank in Frenzied Attack talent.

Forsaken
2 1 2 3 2 2
10 WT / 10 ST / 90 XP
[0] Undead Traits: Forsaken do not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, and are unaffected by toxins, diseases or poisons. Forsaken do not recover wounds from natural rest.
[10] Cannibalize: Forsaken can devour fresh corpses to heal your wounds. You need 1 minute per point of wound recovered in this way. The corpse cannot be more than one day old. A corpse can provide as much wound points as the Brawn + the creature silhouette.
[5] Darkvision: When making skill checks Forsaken may remove two setback dices imposed due to low light conditions.
[10] Dead Nerves: Forsaken may remove two setback dices from any checks made due to fatigue/injuries (incl. Critical Injuries).

Tauren
3 1 2 2 2 2
14 WT / 9 ST / 80 XP
[0] 2 Silhouette
[20] +4 Wound
[-5] -1 Strain
[5] Big Guy: Taurens start with one rank in Feral Strenght talent.
[5] Naturalist: Taurens begin the game with one rank in Survival or Nature. They still may not train these skills above rank 2 during the character creation.
[10] Tauren Stomp: Taurens are massive creatures with powerful hoofs. They can use it as a weapon as well (Resilience; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Short]; Blast 3, Concussive 1, Slow-Firing 2, Stun Damage). Each time the Tauren uses this ability, he suffers 2 strain.

Blood Elf
1 2 3 2 2 2
9 WT / 12 ST / 90 XP
[-5] -1 Wound
[10] +2 Strain
[10] Arcane Torrent: Whenever casting or resisting magic, Blood Elves may add one boost dice to the check.
[10] Spell Resistance: When being target of a spell, Blood Elves may spend 1 strain to upgrade the difficult in one.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Blood Elves may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.

Goblin
1 2 2 2 2 3
8 WT / 10 ST / 90 XP
[-10] -2 Wound
[0] 0 Silhouette
[10] Pyromaniac: Once per game session, the Goblin may reroll any one check that involves the use of something explosive or inflamable, like equipments or magic.
[5] Master Tinker: Gnomes start with one rank in Gearhead talent.
[5] Durable: Goblins start with one rank in Durable talent.
[5] Big Ears: Gnomes may add one boost dice to any Perception check related to audition.
[5] Special Abilities: Goblins begin the game with one rank in Mechanic or Negotiation. They still may not train Mechanic or Negotiation above rank 2 during the character creation.
[2,5] Low-light Vision: When making skill checks Gnomes may remove one setback dice imposed due to low light conditions.

Edited by Bellyon

13 hours ago, Bellyon said:

Absolutely love all of this. Much, much more flavorful than the ones I came up with. Safe to say, I think these races will replace the original ones as they are much better idea-wise. 

I'm glad to help :D they're all a little stronger than the species in Star Wars, but I looked to a balance, as you can see. Of course ppl can think diff about some points, but it's just a reference for you.

Just updated the main post with revisions on the races (basically shamelessly copied and paster everything that Bellyon posted and tweaked some XP values) AND added the class skills. Don't hesitate to leave suggestions or your ideas. As already proven - they can be much better and flavorful, which would contribute greatly to the project...

I haven't the Genesys yet... I used the material I have, which means, SW stuff. I'd try something diff if I had the book :(

PS.: I've did a small change in the Draenei's initial WT, i guess 14 is better. Which also reduce the initial xp, ok? Giving they more sustain, like a Tauren.

Edited by Bellyon

23 minutes ago, Bellyon said:

I haven't the Genesys yet... I used the material I have, which means, SW stuff. I'd try something diff if I had the book :(

PS.: I've did a small change in the Draenei's initial WT, i guess 14 is better. Which also reduce the initial xp, ok? Giving they more sustain, like a Tauren.

That's perfectly fine, SW and Genesys are interchangable mostly anyway. It's good stuff, I also use SW as reference for races and talents. 

I don't think Draenei are necessarily more brawny, even though they are presented as such when you create a Draenei character. They are more spiritual in nature, and really only the Vindicators and such are the more militant ones, which would justify them being brawnier or, tankier, if you'd like. 

Minor typo in the classes.  I think at the very end you put up "Druid" when you meant to put "Hunter."  I'm curious if you plan on playing this game on a virtual table top and if so what times you were looking for.  I'd be interested in playing this game if it isn't starting at 2am my time. :-P

On 12/26/2017 at 0:49 PM, DarthGM said:

...where's my Night Elf Mohawk?

Night Elf Mohawk GRENADE

skill: Light

Dmg: Only to those looking upon my visage will jealousy!

Crit: Oh, everyone is crit who looks upon the Mohawk.

Range: short

Encum: 1

Price: Your social awkwardness

Rarity: 11

special:  When struck with this grenade you are the envy of everyone and you gain a triumph when you go to pity a fool for not being as sexy as you.