Sign in to follow this  
Redsavina

Dealing Damage

Quick question for the community....

i have played 3 games so far, and am realizing that dealing damage to enemies is a significant requirement at times during scenarios.  It appears that you can typically have a character who can get to 4 or 5 attack skill, but even when you do damage successfully, you only land 1 point of damage at a time. Well, I have encountered some monsters which have 6, 8, and even 10 health. If in a 2 player game, you have one character who is good at fighting, and the other who is good at gathering clues, then the one character will most likely be expected to do all of the fighting.

Is it possible to boost up a character who can reliably deal 3 or 4 damage per successful attack? I think I can figure out how to increase the likelihood that my attacks land more reliably, but it feels like I put a lot of effort into ensuring success, when the result is only doing 1 damage. That doesn't work when you have one enemy at 8 health and another enemy at 4 health, and you have to kill them next turn (essentially dealing like 12 damage during a three action turn). I guess I am looking for cards to increase my fight stat AND which increases the amount of damage each attack makes without discarding the weapon or ally.

Certainly, almost every weapon card increases damage.  Roland's .38 special, .45 Automatic, Machete...  all of these deal 2 points of damage per hit.

Dealing 3+ damage consistently is harder, but can still be done within the core set.   The Shotgun card is your best choice, but you'll have to buy it with experience points.   If possible, include Extra ammunition as well for a few more bullets!

Excellent, thanks for the recommendations. I am going to revisit my deck, spend some XP, and tune up my deck.

This game is really fun, I just have to learn how to optimize each deck to ensure the selected character has the ability to maximize their potential.