Jump to content
AldousSnow

New Rebel speculation

Recommended Posts

We've got Veers. We've got Snowtroopers. We even have the game designer mentioning that our Imperial Special Forces will be Scout Troopers. That rebel article should be up soon. What are we thinking? Leia has been spoiled already. And as much sense as "Hoth rebels" makes with all the other troopers, it could be those Endor commando guys as well. And Spec Forces?! So many options! 

What is everyone thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know Leia is coming as a commander (as you said), and since both new Imperial units are Hoth themed, it makes sense for the new rebels to be echo base troopers.

As for Rebel Spec-Ops, likely snipers using the rebel commando design (they were snipers in IA, why not here.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Ia units will be the guide.

Rebel hoth troopers, endor rangers, the tantive security type or (unlikely at this point) wookie warrior's

 

By this point, the Alderranian Security Force have just turned into naval troops for the rebellion.

I mean, Alderran doesn't need a security force anymore.

(They'd be awesome though.)

Edited by Indy_com
Specification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

By this point, the Alderranian Security Force have just turned into naval troops for the rebellion.

I mean, Alderran doesn't need a security force anymore.

(They'd be awesome though.)

Yeah. Right now i'm more hyped for the imp possibilities( especially the droids)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

Ia units will be the guide.

Rebel hoth troopers, endor rangers, the tantive security type or (unlikely at this point) wookie warrior's

 

Ill take all of this. But I think the Endor Rangers excites me the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I want a medical Droid unit upgrade.  Like the one that worked on Luke Skywalker. Maybe stationary turrets like the hoth rebels used?

You're speaking my language. Ive got a medical droid tattoo that covers my entire calf. By all means my favorite Star Wars character. I'd love to see medical droids and imperial probe droids as support units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AldousSnow said:

You're speaking my language. Ive got a medical droid tattoo that covers my entire calf. By all means my favorite Star Wars character. I'd love to see medical droids and imperial probe droids as support units.

Pics or it didn’t happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

That's awesome!  Are you in the medical field yourself by any chance?

I'm not, but two of my great friends are paramedics. The guy who did the tattoo did a really awesome job bringing the medical feel to life.  The torture droid on the other leg will be the dark side to the light. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about more aliens? I dig the headswap idea. That would be rad. Hoth I am reluctant to see. I prefer non weather specific boards. Seeing Leia in her Hoth outfit parading through the trees would be jarring. Veers can pull it off hut the Rebels would look odd. Speaking of Rebels if we.go Rogue One (and we need to) FFG should include Rebels. That would be over the top! (And dude, cool tattoo.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Returning to this thread with the following thought:

This game could be a way for named Rebel commanders with little screen time to show off what they can do in battle.

As such, the barely seen but popular Alderranian Security Force (Rebel naval troopers) could be introduced along with their only named commander that I know of... Captain Antilles.

Absolutely no clue what would be unique about any of them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indy_com said:

As such, the barely seen but popular Alderranian Security Force (Rebel naval troopers) could be introduced along with their only named commander that I know of... Captain Antilles.

Absolutely no clue what would be unique about any of them though.

The guard troops would have guardian and serve in a support or escort role. Antilles would have abilities similar to Veers but more defensive in nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hope that Antilles would be a very much less capable commander than Veers. Antilles was just a Captain of some Starships, and as far as we know had little to no knowledge or experience in ground warfare of any sort.

Veers on the other hand was a legitimately excellent (if flawed at times) ground commander within his field of expertise, with huge experience and a career built on fighting ground battles.

Having them even be remotely similar is the sort of thing that would really grate on my immersion :D

****. Even most regular army low to mid ranked ground officers who never got named should do a better job than a ship captain like Antilles. I’d even take an experienced NCO tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would be open to some ffg original characters too.  It can be hard to fit some characters to a specific mechanic.  As long as they are well thought out and"lore friendly".  I think more than anything I want to see more aliens and droids.  That will really help to set the game apart from other sci Fi games.  Let's get some mon calamari, bith, sullustan and devaronian troopers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Extropia said:

I would hope that Antilles would be a very much less capable commander than Veers. Antilles was just a Captain of some Starships, and as far as we know had little to no knowledge or experience in ground warfare of any sort.

Veers on the other hand was a legitimately excellent (if flawed at times) ground commander within his field of expertise, with huge experience and a career built on fighting ground battles.

Having them even be remotely similar is the sort of thing that would really grate on my immersion :D

****. Even most regular army low to mid ranked ground officers who never got named should do a better job than a ship captain like Antilles. I’d even take an experienced NCO tbh.

I wasn't thinking of Antilles being equal to Veers.

It was more of a hope that he would finally show up in something other than ANH.

Then again, as the captain of a starship, he could call in an X-wing airstrike. He probably has command of at least one of those.

I'd personally be fine with him being rather weak damage wise, but having a larger effect on the Infantry specifically, maybe some additional effect on him which makes units he commanded that turn deal more damage if he's defeated.

If indoor combat in enclosed spaces was a thing in this game, he'd probably excel in that, what with narrow corridors on capital ships.

Edited by Indy_com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have been doing some searching to find out what the rebs will have available for ground vehicles from existing sources.  Here is what I found:

RAFRENDER.jpg

Freerunner:  A heavy repulsorlift vehicle with three hardpoints for weapons.  This would be slower that the t-47 but would provide lots of 360 degree firepower.  There is also a troop carrier variant for Spec-Ops insertion.

latest?cb=20110112144118

ULAV (ultra light assault vehicle):  Honestly not very different from the t-47 in terms of usage but maybe a sidegrade?

latest?cb=20080608115711

LAV (light assault vehicle):  Again not much difference but source material shows it being used for electronic warfare and scrambling.

uKsmnSJ.jpg

7gRC9NQ.jpg?1

GvsrSjI.png?1

A speeder from empire strikes back.  Could be an alternate support unit if you dont want an at-rt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...