Sign in to follow this  
lordannoyed

help with stats for firefly

I'm thinking of running a firefly campaign.  I'm not terribly savvy with space ships/space combat.  Is there a particular ship in star wars that you feel would have similar stats that I could reskin?  Much thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Alisair Longreach said:

The Firefly class freighter is Sil 5, slow as a sleepy snail, fragile as an eggshell, no  weapons. If a Firefly gets involved in space combat it's target practice. It's basically a mobile warehouse and home for your little band of misfits.

So what you're saying is I can take their Love.
Take their land.
Take them where they cannot stand.
And they won't care, bc their still free since,

I cannot take the sky from them?

Or rather I can give them a flying rock and they should be ok with that?

Also, Idk about the handling on that being all that sluggish after watching Wash fly that sucker around.  What about the Crazy Ivan?  What about the Barn swallow?  What about "I am a leaf on the wind?"  There was some impressive flying going on there.

3 hours ago, lordannoyed said:

So what you're saying is I can take their Love.
Take their land.
Take them where they cannot stand.
And they won't care, bc their still free since,

I cannot take the sky from them?

Or rather I can give them a flying rock and they should be ok with that?

Also, Idk about the handling on that being all that sluggish after watching Wash fly that sucker around.  What about the Crazy Ivan?  What about the Barn swallow?  What about "I am a leaf on the wind?"  There was some impressive flying going on there.

I think all those instances of the Serenity performing those feats that you mentioned are meant to show the audience that Wash is a superb pilot and that a lesser pilot might not be able to perform such feats of aerial(space?) acrobatics.

Yep, that’s all about Wash’s talents and, in game terms, good rolls.

The Wayfarer does indeed have a very Firefly feel to it, and could be a great starting point for stats. I’ve found home brew stats for a Firefly class somewhere...I’ll see if I can find them again and post them.

Some people need to watch Serenity again if they want to call Firefly slow and sluggish. I've seen better feats of flying Firefly and Serenity than in Star Wars.

the firefly class ship was also a gunship in the war for independence. What we see in the show is stripped down to what civilians could get their hands on. Having 3 engines that can rotate and change trajectory is not sluggish.

i would make a stock Serenity, SIL 5, Spd 3, and handling +1 with a full burn feature that lets you take ship strain to boost speed. Her armor and HP wouldn't be much for her size but better than fighters, and she should have a **** of a lot of strain. They have a reputation for keepin flyin.

Something like 1-2 armor, 22 HP, and 30 strain off the top of my head sounds right, but should check other ships at sil5 to see how it compares.

Upper Deck's Legendary Encounters: Firefly Deck Building Game is quite cool as a game - might give some inspiration too

There's also this: http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Starship_classes

and http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/Serenity_Role_Playing_Game

One way to do it could be to think when you'd need any related stats, how they'd come in to play and what may therefore work best for balancing and realism based on the vehicle rules along with any tweaks you may need..