Sign in to follow this  
mwmcintyre

Phantom of Truth Act deck

Just a heads up for Phantom. There are two versions of Act 2. Read the back of Act 1 carefully when you advance to pick the right one. We got slaughtered and were going to accept the result when I noticed the mistake. Would have resulted in VERY different tactics and the objective is also VERY different so we're going to do the scenario over.

I'm a little annoyed because they could have had you remove one of the Act 2's in the setup based on which version of Act 1 you start with, eliminating the confusion. I think they were trying to preserve a sense of surprise, but people who are going to peek are going to peek anyways.

Edited by mwmcintyre

On 12/22/2017 at 10:02 AM, mwmcintyre said:

Just a heads up for Phantom. There are two versions of Act 2. Read the back of Act 1 carefully when you advance to pick the right one. We got slaughtered and were going to accept the result when I noticed the mistake. Would have resulted in VERY different tactics and the objective is also VERY different so we're going to do the scenario over.

I'm a little annoyed because they could have had you remove one of the Act 2's in the setup based on which version of Act 1 you start with, eliminating the confusion. I think they were trying to preserve a sense of surprise, but people who are going to peek are going to peek anyways.

Same thing happened to me. In fact, the only reason I found this thread was because I was searching for anyone else complaining about how stupid this scenario was [before I read your post.] If you go to the wrong Act 2 it can basically be "You die; game over." on round 2 or 3.