Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wiredin

*spoilers* Tallie A-Wing Pilot

Recommended Posts

Just now, Wiredin said:

oh sorry :( I forgot this to include power creep. Don't forget the -2 cost title allowing her to place a munitions token on an equipped missile.  

3 attack dice, 4 agility, 3 hull, 2 shields
Able to equip two mods and two EPT and Chaardan Refit
Dial, only green and reds. No whites.

Seems fitting for a character that was on the screen less than Unkar Plutt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Red Winter said:

Anyone else think it was very unbelievable that there was no combat air patrol up to intercept Kylo?

 

Tallie and the rest of the Resistance aren’t competent enough to run the galaxy. They deserved what they got for gross negligence and dereliction of duty.

They had just done a hyperspace jump that, as far they knew, the FO couldn't follow.  Kylo, on the other hand, could basically fly out of the hangar right after the jump.  Not saying it makes 100% sense, but it's reasonable that they wouldn't be expecting to need those fighters again for at least a few hours, so they might have even started maintenance tasks/refuelling etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

They had just done a hyperspace jump that, as far they knew, the FO couldn't follow.  Kylo, on the other hand, could basically fly out of the hangar right after the jump.  Not saying it makes 100% sense, but it's reasonable that they wouldn't be expecting to need those fighters again for at least a few hours, so they might have even started maintenance tasks/refuelling etc.

I agree. Do the alliance/resistance ever do CAPs? Didn't think that was a thing for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

3 attack dice, 4 agility, 3 hull, 2 shields
Able to equip two mods and two EPT and Chaardan Refit
Dial, only green and reds. No whites.

Seems fitting for a character that was on the screen less than Unkar Plutt. 

whoa whoa, were getting a little out of hand there. It needs to keep the 2 attack. to not get too OP.

Edited by Wiredin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Red Winter said:

It’s called standard operating procedure. Doesn’t matter if they’re being pursued or expecting hosilities.

WW2 carriers did it, which is what the space combat is heavily based on.

They are pretty much the worst led bunch of rebels. 

To be honest both sides were so incompetently led it sucked me right out of the movie. You wouldn't even have needed Thrawn for the F/O to win that initial engagement, Piett, Ozzel, or Needa could have won it since they don't seem to be total idiots.

Edited by impspy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

Original Trilogy Rebel fleet was always shown with Rebel fighters flying through it. Imperial fleet as well. Nope, seems to be a Resistance/First Order failing.

Yeah, one of the benefits of the Rebel fleets was that the fighters could jump to lightspeed on their own, while TIE's needed to be hauled in a carrier. 

Maybe due the fuel shortage issue that came up in the movie, they were relying more on keeping starfighters in the hanger when not needed.  It could have been that even before they got stuck in the slow motion chase of doom, they were trying to be more conservative with fuel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if conserving fuel, a CAP is an essential piece of security. They wouldn’t have cut that. As to thinking they were safe enough not to use one, there’s no way! Their position was so utterly tenuous that they most assuredly would have taken every precaution. No, it’s the fan fiction side of this plot that got in the way of sensibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Yeah, one of the benefits of the Rebel fleets was that the fighters could jump to lightspeed on their own, while TIE's needed to be hauled in a carrier. 

Maybe due the fuel shortage issue that came up in the movie, they were relying more on keeping starfighters in the hanger when not needed.  It could have been that even before they got stuck in the slow motion chase of doom, they were trying to be more conservative with fuel. 

Yet they did combat landings ala BSG... but lets not get off topic here. The topic is how awesome Tallie is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You already have it.    The crossfire formation title.   

 

All you have to do is say that any b/sf17, at the start of combat phase choose 1 bomber within range 1 of her, it can acquire a free focus token.

 

Edited by eagletsi111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...