Jedi1993

Spinal Tap Rebels (PS11)

With Rebel Fenn Rau proving very useful I've been looking at an all PS11 list with him:

Spinal Tap (98)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle20

Veteran Instincts1

Tactician2

R2 Astromech1

Vectored Thrusters2

Ship Total: 26

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing33

Veteran Instincts1

BB-82

Advanced Optics2

Autothrusters2

Black One1

Ship Total: 41

Wedge Antilles — X-Wing29

Veteran Instincts1

Flight-Assist Astromech1

Integrated Astromech0

Ship Total: 31

Tactician and Vector Thrusters are up for debate on Fenn. Repositioning could be useful as I found it difficult to trigger FA Astro because of the rear arc. Tactician I'm more inclined to keep because Fenn rarely does damage himself and stress can help keep Expertise users under control.

Dancing Poe with the title benefits more by the higher PS and not using R5-P9 means I'm free to use Adv Optics. I could use R2-D2 but I've found he limits my use of the title.

If some points are spared elsewhere, I've thought about giving Wedge some munitions but I think I'd rather go with a bid due to VI races.

7 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

Why don’t you just have them all go to 10?

2 Reasons:

1 - Most local Alpha Strikes are sitting at PS10 themselves and avoiding the initial target lock will really be nice.

2 - The name just wouldn't work ;) 

I have been running a list similar to this recently and I really like it. On Fenn I like to use R2 Astro and Kyle Katarn. That gives Fenn a focus after he uses his ability, and then can use his action to coordinate. I have been going back and forth on FAA on Wedge, it’s definitely got its uses but I find if your opponent is running 3+ ships, it can be hard to take advantage of the droids ability because you almost always have someone in Arc. 

It’s a really good list though! Coordinate at PS11 is great, and you can take full advantage of BB8. I look forward to hearing what works for you!

4 minutes ago, Rogue3 said:

I have been running a list similar to this recently and I really like it. On Fenn I like to use R2 Astro and Kyle Katarn. That gives Fenn a focus after he uses his ability, and then can use his action to coordinate. I have been going back and forth on FAA on Wedge, it’s definitely got its uses but I find if your opponent is running 3+ ships, it can be hard to take advantage of the droids ability because you almost always have someone in Arc. 

It’s a really good list though! Coordinate at PS11 is great, and you can take full advantage of BB8. I look forward to hearing what works for you!

I hadn't considered Kyle as Fenn's crew! Will have to test that out. 

I'm not sure how many games (if any) I'll get in before the new year but I'll update this thread with any findings.

Yes.  Definitely yes.  As I said in the thread @JaceDK linked, I have tried Wes and I don't know if I like it.  It removes some of the punch from the list with Wes instead of Wedge, which is something the list desperately needs.  I like it.

Edited by gennataos

Am I crazy for wanting to run Hotshot Copilot on Fenn in this lineup? Between that and the Black One title, you're completly shutting down any munitions. It may be excessive considering his ability, though. 

Add Chopper astromech, chips and title for some cheap regen or FAA if you want to have some reposition capability. 

Edited by JaceDK

6 hours ago, Gilarius said:

Fenn can't equip the title without having a friendly Ghost in the list. Read both titles and notice that the Phantom titles have no cost because you can't use it alone.

I don’t have the title for the Sheathipede in the list. 

Having flown this list a few times, I must say I really like it. I'm 90% sure it will be my list for the upcoming Systems Open tournaments. 

Poe and Wedge are rock solid, and I'm trying to find the best loadout for Fenn. 

My current version is:

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Veteran Instincts (1)
BB-8 (2)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)
R3 Astromech (2)

Total: 99

My thinking with Fenn is that he needs to keep his action open for coordinate as much as possible, and I don't expect him to do much damage with his 2-dice unmodded attack. So to maximize his token locking/stripping effect, enter Hot-Cop. You just have to be careful and not use his ability on the same target as you want to remove focus from with HotCop. R3 provies a use for any eyeballs rolled during his attack and will hopefully add a little durability. I've considered other options for crew like Kyle (with an R2 astro), Chewie or Kanan. But in the end, i actually want my opponent to shoot at Fenn before Wedge. 

I flew this twice yesterday against Quickdraw and trip harpoon/LRS gunboats. One win and one loss, but in both games, not a single harpoon was fired! Black One and PS 11 coordinate arcdodging is perfect for the ordinance-heavy meta. 

I'd love to hear more experiences with this list, flying tips, turn 0 considerations etc.

3 minutes ago, JaceDK said:

@Dashdor@gennataos, @Itetone, @AT Leader . I can see you've flown this list. Would like to hear your most recent thoughts. 

Its fun to fly but not very forgiving - a couple of mistakes are going to cost you big. 

It's very nice having them all at PS 11. Some people will probably say this isn't needed but moving last and shooting first in any order you like is a great advantage. 

Fenn with M9-G8 and Weapons Engineer is a great combo (haven't tried him any other way) , giving the re-rolls makes targets locks a little less important meaning stress isn't as a big of a deal, allowing you to make more red maneuvers, especially on Poe. Though with BB8 and a boost action,  Poe does very well without a lot of reds. 

It can really hit hard, Wedges ability is amazing,  but Fenn and Wedge are not the most durable of ships, so it requires some good flying. Really you want your opponent to go after Fenn first as this gives you time to let Wedge shine. If Wedge is taken out before he's had much chance to do a lot of damage your going to find yourself lacking in fire power. 

Poe with BB8 and the Black One title make this great against alpha strikes. You can strip 2 target locks a turn, effectively shutting down missiles. 

If you can do a lot of damage quickly then you can dominate with this but if you get some unlucky rolls and it drags on,  the ships just don't have the survivability. It's a fun list and I was considering taking it to regionals soon but I'm now trying out some new lists.