RedSkull

Imperial Tanks

I am looking for feed back please... Havent had a chance to fly this yet.

Colonel Vess  35

• Expertise 4
  • Tie/x7 -2
  • Twin Ion 1

Total: 38pts

Rho Sq 21

• Pred  3
  • XG-1  1
  • LRS   0
  • HLC  7
  • Linked Battery 2

Total: 34pts

Rho Sq 21

• Saturation Salvo  1
  • Harpoon  4
  • OS-1  2
  • LRS  0

Total: 28pts

Total Squad cost 100pts

Thinking that I can affored to lose expertise off Colonel for Juke, also not sure about the saturation salvo or what to put in its place.

I would suggest a slight tweak with your upgrades. Predator on the Rho along with linked batteries is a bit too much. 5 points to reroll 2 dice is not so efficient. It’s nice to have rerolls but I think you can use the points better. Also you should drop saturation salvo. It’s too situational and you may never get use out of it. Also swarms are pretty rare now days and salvo is an anti swarm card. Here is my suggestion. 

(100)

Rho Squadron Veteran (32) - Alpha-class Star Wing
Crack Shot (1), XG-1 Assault Configuration (1), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Linked Battery (2), Long Range Scanners (0)

Rho Squadron Veteran (30) - Alpha-class Star Wing
Deadeye (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Cluster Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)

•Colonel Vessery (38) - TIE Defender
Expertise (4), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Edited by dsh7718

I was thinking about putting Deadeye on the Rho with Harpoon just wasn't sure how often that might come up. 

I'm also not 100% sold on Crack shot. Maybe five point is a bit much on only being able to re roll only two dice, but thats half the attack dice from HLC before using TL for re rolls

I'll second getting rid of either Predator or Linked Batteries on the HLC Rho.  Dropping Predator is most cost effective.  Dropping Linked Batteries is interesting, though.  It'd allow you to take something like a Tractor Beam or Flechette Cannon to shoot if you need to Boost.  It might be somewhat rare, however.  Taking Crack Shot, Veteran Instincts, or Lighting Reflexes are popular choices for an HLC Rho

Saturation Salvo is also weak.  On the one hand, a Harpoon+LRS Gunboat probably works fine without title and at Nu squadron.  However, it might not be bad to just swap SatSalvo for Crack Shot.  That might allow you to push through a hit, in order to place the condition.  Title might be awkward with Long Range Scanners, however.  You'll often be spending your TL to modify your dice, and you can't pick up a new one at close range, or if you spend your action to Reload.  It'd be worth putting on the table to see how it works for you.

If you wind up needing points, dropping Expertise for A Score To Settle is something I've been thinking about a lot on Vessery.  It's free, and it's pretty effective against the main target, plus you've got all your lovely Defender tokens and dice.  You could probably skip TIE Mk. II if you drop Expertise, but Expertise without Mk. IIs seems like a mistake.

Hmmm I'll have to test both those out. Coming down to choice though I'd drop linked batteries for possibly a flechette cannon.

As for the harpoon gun boat, going with dead eye would negate the worry about not having a TL at closer range. Dead eye+ title and LRS could work pretty nicely though you would be relying more on your intial role to still have TL to be able to take advantage of the title ability.

The condition card sounds like it could be fun or back fire, but for a 0 cost it is something to think about.

Looking it all over again I thought about these follwoing changes:

Rho Squadron Veteran (21)
Crack Shot (1)
Flechette Cannon (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Long-Range Scanners (0)
XG-1 Assault Configuration (1)

Rho Squadron Veteran (21)
Crack Shot (1)
Flechette Cannon (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Long-Range Scanners (0)
XG-1 Assault Configuration (1)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Intensity (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Looks pretty solid.

It'll be interesting to see how much use you get out of Flechette Cannon.  I know Linked Batteries is more popular on HLC Rho, but it's certainly worth getting on-table experience to see how often the FC is used, and how often LB is missed.

Also, as much as I'm a huge fan of Intensity on /x7 Defenders (it's what I'd fly in this list :D), it's also worth considering Juke.  Juke Vess will likely either strip tokens for your followup HLC shots, or else push reasonable damage himself.  However, he's low-ish PS these days, and might not have Evades to power Juke.  Intensity is something I greatly appreciate, since it helps Vess expand his movement options on an otherwise fairly restricted dial.

I guess I'm more spitballing options rather than optimizing the list.  Things to think about and consider as playtime accrues over time.

I like Vessery/Rhos quite a bit. However, I am of the opinion that Vessery deserves his TIE/D Ion Cannon. With his ability and Expertise on top of that, he is an absolute savage. 

Alongside that, I think Nus with HLC/LB/LRS would be strong, especially as they guarantee Vessery his lock, but they can be limited in their use if they have to SLAM. So, I might suggest these fellas:

Rho x2

XG-1

LRS

VI

Prockets

Tractor Beam

They can shoot prockets one turn, reload/Tractor Beam the next, and matching Vessery's PS can be very useful, as they can Tractor before he shoots. You would have room for LB on one of them