Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mogrok

New FAQ

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

4 points just to move 1 damage

3 points! :b But yeah, I can't really comprehend the reason for this ruling. But then again, I haven't played against a 100% HH TF:A swarm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

3 points! :b But yeah, I can't really comprehend the reason for this ruling. But then again, I haven't played against a 100% HH TF:A swarm. 

I have both played with and against a HH TF:A swarm and i cant comprehend it really.

Sure a huge swarm makes the damage move so it doesnt kill the ship.......

....... but a brace can have a larger effect by making the damage go "poof".....

....whereas TF:A keeps the damage, just moves it......

.....im gonna shut up, theres a thread in the rules section somewhere to argue and this thread aint for crying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grav well change means that if i dont deploy my interdictor first some enemy ships might deploy before it and ignore the gravwell since dictor is not in play? Or does it only refer to hyperspace assault? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xeletor said:

The grav well change means that if i dont deploy my interdictor first some enemy ships might deploy before it and ignore the gravwell since dictor is not in play? Or does it only refer to hyperspace assault? 

Only Hyperspace assault.

 

a ship that is “not yet deployed” because you haven’t deployed it is in play.

until you explicitly “set it aside”.

once set aside, it’s not in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

3 points! :b But yeah, I can't really comprehend the reason for this ruling. But then again, I haven't played against a 100% HH TF:A swarm. 

It’s still good. But moving everything from an ISDs front arc because you had 6 hammerheads to have your ship survive to deliver its boarding party even though you were second player was brokenly good ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

It’s still good. But moving everything from an ISDs front arc because you had 6 hammerheads to have your ship survive to deliver its boarding party even though you were second player was brokenly good ?

This. TFA is still one of the better titles in the game, now it's just not going to save that Hammerhead from the 12 damage ISD shot onto its nose at close range, which was bananas. Add StM, and you had a genuinely broken card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

This. TFA is still one of the better titles in the game, now it's just not going to save that Hammerhead from the 12 damage ISD shot onto its nose at close range, which was bananas. Add StM, and you had a genuinely broken card.

That made them worth playing. Still usefull against bombers, thousands cuts fleets, but... Meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ritalbringer said:

TF Antilles...

When resolving this card’s effect, you cannot choose and exhaust more than one copy of this card.

:blink: Did they just kill it?

I always used it like this and it is fine at least with Cracken and 3 HH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

That made them worth playing. Still usefull against bombers, thousands cuts fleets, but... Meh.

Yeah, but it was absurdly broken if it allowed several, I had a Kuat front arc with APT roll a ton of damage but the HH still survived  because it could deflect 5 damage before taking any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I wasnt a big fan of hammerheads anyway.

One question is still open (for me): Can I Screed Firesprays? If yes, Id consider precision strike-Fighter ambush-superior positions trio with lets say six of them, and a raider/gadiator/gozanti Fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

Well, I wasnt a big fan of hammerheads anyway.

One question is still open (for me): Can I Screed Firesprays? If yes, Id consider precision strike-Fighter ambush-superior positions trio with lets say six of them, and a raider/gadiator/gozanti Fleet.

No. Screed still says, "When a ship is attacking." The FAQ just clarified that he can be used with flak, including counter attacks from Quad battery turrets (Although in that case you need Kallus to actually get some use out of Screed's effect).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Squark said:

No. Screed still says, "When a ship is attacking." The FAQ just clarified that he can be used with flak, including counter attacks from Quad battery turrets (Although in that case you need Kallus to actually get some use out of Screed's effect).

Too bad. Thanks for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Hah! They still haven't declared unarmed stations "friendly" or "enemies" yet! I guess I can just slap them down on the table for SA and get 80 points, right? :P

From the CC rule book - "Stations are treated as ships when resolving effects." Which is a shame as looking at the definitions of 'ships' I imagine it means they count as 'friendly' to the second player and 'enemy' to the first player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mhd said:

We are currently gearing up for the all out assault. This complicates things slightly.

1) You now have to pick a third of a fleet somebody that they work against. So Vader has to target fleet x, Mon Mothma only triggers against fleet y. Konstantine works against anybody because he's garbage and if you picked him you need all the help you can get.

2) If an interdictor is in hyperspace reserve and the grav well is plopped down over a rebel token it doesn't come into play until the interdictor jumps in from hyperspace.

3) Admirals that have a maneuver or speed  effect on their own ships JJ, Motti, Tarkin have more utility because you don't have to pick a fleet. Cracken, Akbar, and Vader are not so good.

What else am I missing?

1) No.  The new ruling only affects commanders that have no effect upon friendly forces (ie. commanders who don't directly grant their ships/squadrons some kind of ability or benefit).  The give away here (for the most part) is that you're looking for any instance of the word "friendly" on the commander card, particularly early on in the text.  And then to ask the question "Is this essentially an effect upon my stuff or not?"  If it is essentially upon your stuff then no, you don not have to pick one opponent for it to work against.  It works against everyone.

They put this ruling in because of how powerful Doddona is, with his blanket covering of every enemy ship.  He (and Konstantine) is the only commander, to my mind, that this new rule affects at the moment.  They didn't worry about nerfing Konstantine in this way because his effect is still fundamentally tied to his fleet.  If he had given unconditional speed control (ie not requiring your opponent to be near his ships) then they almost certainly would have nerfed him as well.

 

2) Yes.  And when the interdictor does come into play only ships that jump in after it will be affected by the token.

 

3) See first point.  Essentially all admirals are still the same.  Just Doddona isn't over-powered in an All Out Assault any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PT106 said:

4) If Interdictor (or both Interdictors in the case of double G7X fleet) is destroyed before Rebel reinforcements come in from hyperspace (or from hyperspace assault/Raddus bomb in regular games), G7X tokens have no effect.

Or Boarding Vader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flengin said:

1) No.  The new ruling only affects commanders that have no effect upon friendly forces (ie. commanders who don't directly grant their ships/squadrons some kind of ability or benefit).  The give away here (for the most part) is that you're looking for any instance of the word "friendly" on the commander card, particularly early on in the text.  And then to ask the question "Is this essentially an effect upon my stuff or not?"  If it is essentially upon your stuff then no, you don not have to pick one opponent for it to work against.  It works against everyone.

They put this ruling in because of how powerful Doddona is, with his blanket covering of every enemy ship.  He (and Konstantine) is the only commander, to my mind, that this new rule affects at the moment.  They didn't worry about nerfing Konstantine in this way because his effect is still fundamentally tied to his fleet.  If he had given unconditional speed control (ie not requiring your opponent to be near his ships) then they almost certainly would have nerfed him as well.

 

2) Yes.  And when the interdictor does come into play only ships that jump in after it will be affected by the token.

 

3) See first point.  Essentially all admirals are still the same.  Just Doddona isn't over-powered in an All Out Assault any more.

No Konstantin. He affects every enemy ship. 

Edited by ovinomanc3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

 Not quite.   Seems to be a specific admission of Fletchette torpedoes.

To say that FT do nothing when countering later.

The only case whe they work is against Maarek and only if he is attacking though Jendon and was not activated yet.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Muelmuel said:

Sorry, correct me if I am wrong, But I saw this in the faq:

Q: Is a player defeated if they do not have any ships in play, but do have ships that are set aside due to a card effect?

A: Yes. All of that player’s set-aside ships and squadrons are destroyed. In official tournaments, this occurs at the end of the game round.

Does this mean as long as I send in a ship in the first round of Hyperspace assault, I won't lose? Or am I reading wrongly? cause in the clarification for HA in the faq also reads: "If a player has no ships in play, their ships and squadrons that are set aside are destroyed. If the game goes to time, or the end of the sixth round, their ships and squadrons that are set aside are destroyed."

So to avoid losing, must there be a ship deployed before the end of deployment, or before the end of first round?

If you don't deploy anything you loose. 

If you ships are destroyed during the game you could deploy things before the end of the current round to avoid loosing. HA, Raddus and Profundity are at the start of the round so they won't help and you will loose anyways but Riekaan + RLB will do.

Riekaan could deploy squadrons through RLB and do something before the round ended when you will be tabled.

That's what I read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×