Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gandalf_ said:

Celebrimbor's Secret must be the rarest AP right now. Everyone wants Galadriel and her ring! 

Yeah my blue deck would love to have her in it :(

Not sure who I would drop for it at this point but that is a good problem to have, lol.

I also dont have the Road Darkens and want Gandalf bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I checked race across harad was at my local shop. If anyone wants it let me know and I will ship it to you for cost, I wont mark up the postage or price.  You can just PayPal me as friends. If you are wondering if you can trust me I have one of the few podcasts about the game so I'm not a complete unknown in the community.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, player1683311 said:

Last I checked race across harad was at my local shop. If anyone wants it let me know and I will ship it to you for cost, I wont mark up the postage or price.  You can just PayPal me as friends. If you are wondering if you can trust me I have one of the few podcasts about the game so I'm not a complete unknown in the community.   

Which cast are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gandalf_ said:

Celebrimbor's Secret must be the rarest AP right now. Everyone wants Galadriel and her ring! 

Tell that to Foundations of Stone.

I was fortunate enough to find Celebrimbor's Secret online within the last couple of months and snapped it up even though I don't have the deluxe. And yes, Galadriel is totally worth it 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, kdlittle88 said:

I got to say that the reprints are uncharacteristically barren at this time.  I'm wondering if they are considering a 2nd ed?

Considering how angry the LOTR community gets when they mention a second edition I highly doubt it.  I think FFG is slowly trying to cut down on the physical version.  After all, if you play Arkham instead of this they don't have to pay royalties to anyone. 

Stinks though.  I really wish they would bring the old stuff back in stock.  Got a lot of holes in my collection I'd love to fix.  But I'm slowly losing hope for any reprints.  Especially of any old APs.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 4wallz said:

Considering how angry the LOTR community gets when they mention a second edition I highly doubt it.  I think FFG is slowly trying to cut down on the physical version.  After all, if you play Arkham instead of this they don't have to pay royalties to anyone. 

 

I suspect a 2nd edition may see the light in the next 2 years or so. Amazon Prime developing a LotR TV series and spin-off for release around 2021 (https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/amazon-lord-of-the-rings-series-news-cast/) would be the right time to reboot and get a new crop of players interested in playing the game. I'm sure the 60+ expansions for this game (not counting NM packs) deter many current would-be payers from getting into it, even if the back catalog were to be reprinted on a regular basis. I know that I wouldn't start collecting a game that would be as deep in expansions at the time of "discovery" as this one is. And new/shiny core sets always spark a fever in gamers (even if the cost is losing some longterm players along the way).

Just my thoughts... and all that based on the assumption FFG does continue to develop new LCGs, which is a whole other question.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, Please, Please do some reprints.  The original Mirkwood Cycle is very hard to find.  I would even support a Kickstarter.  I am just getting into the game and realize I will not be able to get going on some of the expansions.  On a side note, if anyone has advice on what adventure packs to get into at this point, let me know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new player here as well and it is somewhat discouraging to look at the reprint schedule and see nothing for this game, and just one reprint on the boat right now with the Harad deluxe expansion.  The prices on the secondary market for older adventure packs and saga/deluxe expansions are ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gordeaux789 said:

new player here as well and it is somewhat discouraging to look at the reprint schedule and see nothing for this game, and just one reprint on the boat right now with the Harad deluxe expansion.  The prices on the secondary market for older adventure packs and saga/deluxe expansions are ridiculous. 

Where are you located? Which packs specially do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Network57 said:

Where are you located? Which packs specially do you need?

I'm in NY, I'm not trying to hunt down any particular packs with any urgency, it's more like the packs I've been able to get online seem to be limited to stuff after grey havens and then some random  earlier stuff. For example, from the mirkwood cycle it was easy to get return to mirkwood and journey to rhosgobel but none of the other packs are available online really, and I was able to track down a copy of the On the Doorstep deluxe expansion but can't find over hill and under hill, or another example is Voice of Isengard is easy to find right now but no adventure packs to be found anywhere for the ringmaker cycle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gordeaux789 said:

I'm in NY, I'm not trying to hunt down any particular packs with any urgency, it's more like the packs I've been able to get online seem to be limited to stuff after grey havens and then some random  earlier stuff. For example, from the mirkwood cycle it was easy to get return to mirkwood and journey to rhosgobel but none of the other packs are available online really, and I was able to track down a copy of the On the Doorstep deluxe expansion but can't find over hill and under hill, or another example is Voice of Isengard is easy to find right now but no adventure packs to be found anywhere for the ringmaker cycle. 

I can stop by my local store Sunday if you want me to check. They had everything but KD in stock last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Network57 said:

I can stop by my local store Sunday if you want me to check. They had everything but KD in stock last month.

well that would be swell if you don't mind. I'm a little budget constrained at the moment but would jump at a copy of Over Hill and Under Hill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah as a new player, I'm probably just going to jump straight to Harad because all the shops I've see just have a mishmash and it's honestly going to be 

a) Just getting a whole cycle, which is pretty hard for older ones

b) Just trying to get the "best" from each.

The latter being wholly subjective to anyone and I dunno, not sure if I'm *that* invested yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with some of us is we are completionists.  So it drives me nuts I can't get the Dwarrowdelf cycle.  That's a fun one with tons of cool player cards.  Been out of print for over a year now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been in the game just over a year, managed to pick up everything except 5 APs from Dwarrowdelf and the last saga box, Mountain of Fire at my local store.

I think some reprints don’t get ‘shown’ on the upcoming page.  So I would take that page with a grain of salt as far as how often things get reprinted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spotted a celembrior's secret recently at a local store if someone still needs that. I'm currently looking urgently for Mountain of Fire and the Hobbit Expansions. Though if anyone knows where to find a Watcher in the Water or Shadow and Flame also please let me know haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...