Now that the digital card game is on its way I’m noticing a renewed interest in the physical  card game.  I’m hoping FFG sees this opportunity and gets the reprints going more frequently and in more quantity.  I’m still seeing expansions that have been “awaiting reprint” since springtime.  I think they would miss out on the chance to sell even more cards.  My experience personally is that it’s darn near impossible to get many expansions as FLGS and online sites as they seem to sell out fairly quickly.

12 hours ago, kdlittle88 said:

Now that the digital card game is on its way I’m noticing a renewed interest in the physical  card game.  I’m hoping FFG sees this opportunity and gets the reprints going more frequently and in more quantity.  I’m still seeing expansions that have been “awaiting reprint” since springtime.  I think they would miss out on the chance to sell even more cards.  My experience personally is that it’s darn near impossible to get many expansions as FLGS and online sites as they seem to sell out fairly quickly.

The expansions get steadily reprinted. I thik the delays and out-of-stock periods are more a result of the logistic difficulties of having products printed and then shipped to the other side of the world. Boat shipping is the most ecological and cheap but also literally 1-2months. That is if all goes well.

My guess is FFG will reprint as long as people keep buying. Why retire a product that's making money? The digital game (it's not the same game) may be leading more people to the LCg as well. Which will then create more out-of-stock problems ... 

Except one of the expansions I’m thinking of has been “awaiting reprint” since May.  That’s not shipping time, that’s “we’re still thinking if we are gonna reprint this at all” time.

Edited by kdlittle88

Seriously though, I totally agree with you. There's so many out of stock items including ALL of the Saga's. Many of the first several cycles of Adventure packs are also out of stock.. Yeah they're printing more but not fast enough. Their printers may be that limited but for a game that is so "healthy and alive" it seems silly to not have it well stocked unless it is beyond their printing capabilities. I can imagine lots of lost money from expansions people can't buy just because it's out of stock.

I used to buy expansions from Amazon, Ebay and/or Coolstuffinc since I got into the game a couple years after it's release. It was pretty easy to find and buy many expansions for less than retail and also with free shipping etc. But now every site has limits and much of the game is out of stock making it super difficult to catch up or simply buy expansions that look fun to a player if they're not the most recent.

So to the OP yes the digital game should bring interest to the physical but with so much out of print and a full collection easily costing $1000 many will just opt to play the digital. Please FFG keep up with the reprints so people can actually buy and play this amazing game!!

Oh God yes please. Now I don't know about you guys, but I live in Slovenia, which is a small country in cental Europe and we have only one shop in the hole country where I can buy this kind of games. I have ordered 1 saga and 1 deluxe expansion more than a year ago!!! Back then it said it was out of stock and now it's still out of stock!!! So please this is an awsome game and I'm a huge Tolkien fan plus the game is still very much alive (as far as I know), so for the love of all that's holly make more reprints.

PS: I looked around at some other popular games at this moment (Game of thrones, Arkham Horror, Android: Netrunner) and everything is available. WHY :(((((   

I will say though while I would rather have the physical cards I’m getting frustrated at how difficult it is to collect them. I’m darn near ready to give up pursuit and just play on OCTGN.  I really hope they up the reprints cause I’d much rather have the cards...

Maybe at some point they could make older packs print-on-demand for around 5 dollars so we could at least get them in some fashion. They could be cheaper since they are not real cards but they could be legal cards for use like the print-on-demand scenarios.

I'm hoping reprints are coming and they have just slowed due to all the other new stuff FFG has going on. 

I don't trust the "upcoming" page because last year I needed the Ring Maker cycle and it showed "on the boat". Got an in stock alert from CoolStuffInc, ordered the cycle and it eventually sold out again. After it sold out, the upcoming page still had it as "on the boat".

Currently there are only 4 things "at the printer".  That seems awfully low as I know I've seen 10 or more things at a time "at the printer".

So hold out hope and set up some re-stock alerts from the stores.

Posted (edited)

The FFG website is now showing Sands of Harad as being "On the Boat". I don't remember it ever showing as being "At the Printer", so maybe they're not religious about updating the queue entries.

Edited by BillK62

12 hours ago, alcuin18 said:

Maybe at some point they could make older packs print-on-demand for around 5 dollars so we could at least get them in some fashion. They could be cheaper since they are not real cards but they could be legal cards for use like the print-on-demand scenarios.

Print on demand is not cheaper. Polish packs are printed using PoD method and are actually more expensive than normal packs in retail.

Perhaps it is done somewhat purposefully, like, it is difficult to keep the whole line of FFG products in print at all times.

But by producing only a set amount, lower than the amount needed guarantees a sell out.

Like, people buy mondo posters because they sell them out instantly and never sell them again, and people panic. Or kickstarters that are only available as such, selling more because of the possibility of never getting it? 

So if you could guarantee 5000 sales, or risk 10000 reprints and only sell 7000, any business will do the first.

By deliberately shorting demand you are creating a fear and need that makes a greater sell through. There is probably a term for it, and I fine line to make the most money you can without losing sales. 

Stores around holidays always order less than they need (of holiday specific stuff) to make sure they sell it out because they dont want to be stuck with halloween product in February. 

Just a theory, that's all. In the end it doesnt really matter why, you all just want your packs. I get it and I'm sorry there is so much fun content you cant get and I'm sorry you are frustrated. I hope for the best for all

Sands of Harad surprises me in that it was in stock within the last six months; however it and Grey Havens are the only older cycles that have APs in stock for FFG.  I expected Dwarrowdelf cycle to be next, since KD was the last deluxe to be reprinted and it had been waiting longest (though KD is out of stock again, of course).  But there's no telling what's at the printer.  If memory serves, the Arkham Horror "Path to Carcosa" that is also on the boat as of 1/4 was not listed at the printer last month either.

I'll grant that the Upcoming is frequently out of date, but the "last updated" at least tells us when any particular entry was correct.  I can't recall anything being inaccurate *when updated*, which would mean Sands of Harad really is on the boat.

At this point the page is pretty much meaningless. There used to be a more or less standard rate at which packs moved through the stages, but at this point packs come in and out of print irrespective of the Upcoming page.