Sign in to follow this  
Damore

Question about Expansions & what to buy.

I'm looking at playing this game but I'm not sure what to get.  I plan on starting with Empire, and right now I have the core box plus 1 AT-ST on pre-order.  What I'm wondering about is the other 2 empire expansions.  Do I need to buy them so I field a list?  Do they come with different cards then the core figure? I know Imperial Assault expansions come with different cards.  I'm just trying to figure out what I will need to play the normal size game and plan out purchases. 

Realistically, taking point costs into consideration, you'll probably only need 1 atst unless they raise points to 1k. Box comes with 2 infantry so i'd get 2 more of those and 1 thing of speeders.  You'll have options and wont be short on supplies. So if you buy from a website like miniaturemarket, $60 will fill out your army since you have the core and atst.

Vader

4 xInfantry

2x speeder bikes

1x atst

Thank for the information.  Do we know if the expansions come with anything different then the core figures? If the expansions aren't any different, would I be better off just getting 2 core sets?

4 minutes ago, Damore said:

Thank for the information.  Do we know if the expansions come with anything different then the core figures? If the expansions aren't any different, would I be better off just getting 2 core sets?

The Stormtrooper expansion comes with the same stuff + impact grenades and grappling hooks, the soeeders come with the same + comms jammer

For me it's 1 core, 1 dice pack, 2 troopers, 1 support, and 1 heavy for each faction.

So that will be 5 troop, 2 support, 1 Heavy, and 1 leader for each faction. Plus all dice so I should not need rerolls.

Of coruse it'll be spread out over a few months, I budgeted in a 100 a month and I will be getting the empire first.

This game might have you quickly buying more than 1 dice pack. The flamethrower can roll up to 12 black dice with it's spray mechanic and the arsenal keword means you could potentially be adding more than 6(core plus 1 dice pack) of any die to your pool more than once per game.