GrandAdmiralCrunch

MC85 VS Resurgent Class - How would you design them for Armada - Possible Spoilers

5 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

For me, they also have to be different in a unique way,.. they just can’t be “ISD but bigger for more points...”

Somethibg interesting to diversify them... give us a reason to make a legitimate choice other than just points.

I actually think that the Mandator/Fulminatrix is the one I'd like to see introduced for this exact reason.   We could finally introduce rules for superweapons into the game. 

1 minute ago, Democratus said:

They are fleet!

Fleet: Swift in motion. Nimble.

Oooohhhhhhh...

I think that Poe still meant that they are Fleet Killers as in the noun, that they properly kill entire fleets with those auto-cannons. And either way, with the kind of defense it has and other armaments, it looks like it is properly designed to sit still and volley fire on the enemies

Actually, I have been pondering, and I don't know if 'Epic' Armada ships really have to have that many different mechanics from the main game as with Xwing Epics.  Definitely not fore and aft sections.

A pair of ships in the 150pt range, about a foot long, on 'Epic' bases that are as much larger than large bases as larges are to mediums.  Give them a 4 command value.  I think a Resurgent at 12" to the Imperial at 8" would be just fine as a sliding scale.  Still 50% larger, which still makes it pretty **** large, considering how wide it would be, too.  A Raddus would look and work great that size, too.

That size would make them appropriately huge, while their movement could remain as normal ships with a huge, but not obscenely gigantic base.  They wouldn't have the crazy table-sweeping yaw of proposed double large length bases that people have their homemade SSD's on.

They could essentially be handled like oversized, very powerful Large ships.  At the most maybe an additional command mechanic representing how they are even more sluggish to command than just a basic a 4 command value would make them.

Edited by AegisGrimm

21 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

I actually think that the Mandator/Fulminatrix is the one I'd like to see introduced for this exact reason.   We could finally introduce rules for superweapons into the game. 

I like it...I am really beginning to want the Mandator-IV in Armada now :)

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, ianediger said:

And you didn't ask for it, but here's the Mandator-IV Dreadnought. Again, still hasn't been balanced.

Fore: http://kdyards.com/ships.view.php?id=4520

Aft: http://kdyards.com/ships.view.php?id=4521

Auto-Cannons: http://kdyards.com/upgrades.view.php?id=4522

Edit: Wohooo!!! 1000 posts!!!!!

Personally, I don't care for fore and aft divisions, but I like the Autocannons a lot.

Eh, I'd rather the autocannons are a once per game thing. They took forever to charge and position, plus I'd think small ships could dodge the projectiles. Maybe allow it to fire on turn 5-6 so it doesn't just one shot every player bringing Christmas tree ISDs at the start of the game.

My take is that the topside guns finish off clusters of fighters and small ships while the autoguns take out big ships, cruisers, and planetary installations.

We have spoken about X-Wing and some of the things they did for “Epic” play. 

Would we want some kind of special power management system for Armada Huge? Every round a Huge ships generate a power token or 2 that can be used for special actions? Fire Extended range attacks from an arc, fire an auto cannon barrage, regenerate shields in an arc, increase the yaw in a move, etc?

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

If they did new trilogy ships i would imagen that they would just decrease the scale and market it as a seperate sub-game. Everything is bigger in the new movies, so why shake up price points to have new ships scale with non-contemporary old ships?

18 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

Actually, I have been pondering, and I don't know if 'Epic' Armada ships really have to have that many different mechanics from the main game as with Xwing Epics.  Definitely not fore and aft sections.

A pair of ships in the 150pt range, about a foot long, on 'Epic' bases that are as much larger than large bases as larges are to mediums.  Give them a 4 command value.  I think a Resurgent at 12" to the Imperial at 8" would be just fine as a sliding scale.  Still 50% larger, which still makes it pretty **** large, considering how wide it would be, too.  A Raddus would look and work great that size, too.

That size would make them appropriately huge, while their movement could remain as normal ships with a huge, but not obscenely gigantic base.  They wouldn't have the crazy table-sweeping yaw of proposed double large length bases that people have their homemade SSD's on.

They could essentially be handled like oversized, very powerful Large ships.  At the most maybe an additional command mechanic representing how they are even more sluggish to command than just a basic a 4 command value would make them.

It worked for Golem Arcana (RIP). You had Small, Medium, Large and Colossal bases. Those last ones dwarfed everything else, and I think the Jagara pictured below, was something like 240 / 500 points. If someone placed one down in the table, you had to modify your battle strat. The cool thing was it had damage levels, at 75% it would lose one of its attack abilities. At 50% it would lose movement and another ability and again at 25% to balance it's strength.

I think Armada could do a base larger than large. I'd like to see another set of flotilla class ships, maybe specific to squadron support or combat first though. 

golem-arcana-colossus-figure.jpg

I was gonna make a post on these two.

As a start i'd certainly make these ships double based, something alike to the Raider and Blockade runner in X-wing. The reason being that these ships are round 3km long, and a ISD comes in at a tiny 1.6km in comparison. I mean these ships are HUGE! Like £100 per ship huge. (ISD being £50 for those who use other currency) 

I've never played X-wing, so i dunno how the double bases work compaired to a single base (do they activate twice? Once per base?). But these ships would have to be slow and cumbersome, but pack a mean punch.

Maybe they can fire from 2 arcs from each base. Then move as a whole. But this firepower would be compensated for by a hefty point cost, and splitting the ships total firepower over the 6 arcs itd have. (Im assuming on the fore base, a front and side arcs, and on the aft a rear and side arcs.)

But yeah, dont listen to me, i suck at game mechanics xD