Mnemonic

My Painted figures

I figured I would share my painted figures with everyone as the ones you all have posted were a great inspiration for me. As of today, I have all released 2nd edition monsters painted except for the Star Vampires and Lloigor. Next I plan to do the investigators with a goal of one every night or two. 

I exclusively used Stynylrez primer, and Reaper MSP paint for the primary paint jobs, and a couple Citadel technical paint, and Tamiya clear red for some effects.

I've learned a lot while painting these and other figures, and you can probably tell which ones were finished earlier on. In my eagerness to get started painting (so I could get them onto the table) I left way too many mold lines, but I'm still happy with the lot as a whole. 

Edited by Mnemonic

Cthonian 2orW6C7.jpg

Shoggoth YSCaeyv.jpg0XpeGPc.jpg

Star Spawn mybh9Ah.jpgFVwE07q.jpgM3gTryh.jpg

Hounds of Tindalos & Crawling One 1C6MwZ7.jpg

Deep Ones YthOTQR.jpg QsDsP9n.jpg

Deep One Hybrid DKK4ynI.jpg

Skeleton & Ghost t7BvY10.jpg

Riot E4YGTcg.jpg

Cult Leader 09RDTDI.jpg

Zombie & Maniac ZSoljpC.jpg

Mi-Go l0WRFkJ.jpg

Witch, Child of the Goat & Goat Spawn b7VciW9.jpg

Thrall HrOrIMO.jpg

Druid & Priest of Dagon KmI9I7S.jpg

Cultist VZjR7IA.jpg 1mi72aK.jpg

Byakhee ygEzwOU.jpg

Gangster, Child of Dagon, Wizard Tx79VsX.jpg

Hunting Horror Yfi92ba.jpg

Nightgaunt lpqLXT2.jpg

Dunwich Horror ymfqy6y.jpg 4YEGAwR.jpg

Dark Young Ak5t6e9.jpg tBf43kg.jpg

I think I am finished with the Lloigor

ZXKfT2z.jpg

GMCXzbv.jpg

This is a pretty large and detailed model. Kudos for Fantasy flight for the upgrade in plastic!

I attempted to replicate the colors of a desert scorpion. I left the main skin matte (Testors Dullcoat) but did add back some pearlescence and gloss to the mouth tube (?) and claws/spikes. 

Edited by Mnemonic

Star Vampire!

These creatures hail from outer space, and remain invisible until they feast on fresh blood!

CvIWhby.jpg

nIXWQSL.jpg

7NsmX9F.jpg

RzuE1eN.jpg

Fantasy flight gave me two models, so why not try to different paint schemes? The Red/blue was based on the monster token art. Early on it was looking like a spiderman paint theme, but I think I departed that resemblance in the end. Blood effects come from UHU glue mixed with both Tamiya clear red and Citadel blood for the blood god. 

I may add some additional "effects" to the purplish one. Haven't decided what yet, but sometimes less is more. Or maybe he just hasn't eaten..... yet!

Thanks Totgeboren and spookymizu for the comments! I've officially reached a milestone with having all released monsters painted!

Now I start on the investigators... all 30 of them. I did pick up the FFG book "Investigators of Arkham Horror" to help with inspiration and color pallets/themes. Here's to hoping the much smaller surface area means I can knock out 1 every night or two.

On 1/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, ghfreak91 said:

Mnemonic these look absolutely gorgeous! Very impressed. Have you ever been interested in doing commission work? I would absolutely love to have your work on my figures.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm flattered, but I don't think I'm ready for commission work. Maybe someday, but for now I just do it to relax at night and to embellish my board game nights.

Anybody working on their new mini's from Sanctum of Twilight? I spent an hour last night getting these started, but still very much WIP. Going for a dry/husky look as seen on the monster tile complete with OSL from the eyes and mouth.

dTHGbcY.jpg

Edited by Mnemonic

Love the raised veins on the Star Spawn.

I'm just getting into painting myself (I mean... painting miniatures, not painting myself), so I'm watching a lot of tutorials on technique. Not expecting anything quite this nice just yet.

As for your comment about mold lines and flash, I'm struggling to work out where the flash ends and the webbing begins on the Deep Ones' hands and feet.  And the mold lines on my Hunting Horrors really stood out after priming.

Not attacked my Mansions miniatures with any paint other than primer just yet.

Edited by icabod
Of course the raised veins aren't dry-brushed, that would be nonsense, right?

Thanks for the comments! Nothing exposes mold lines, gaps and flash better than after you get primer or paint on the mini! Lol. 

I'm still kicking myself for not prepping the minis better, but live and learn for next time. I did remove flash, but I don't think my deep ones had much. The Star spawn had plenty around the tentacles if I recall correctly. 

Green stuff works great on filling in gaps. The Dunwich Horror is especially bad with a huge trench around it. 

The star spawn veins were fun to paint. It was not dry brushed at all, but instead highlighted with a detail brush. You can get away with brush edge highlighting in a few cases, but the majority is freehand.