Nephlim24

Amazon release date? March 8th

3 hours ago, OldSchoolEmpire said:

It could be the date, but who knows for sure. The link shows that its being sold and shipped by Game Boarders, Amazon is really just a 3rd party advertiser in this instance.

Yeah, this. Amazon just shows the date the third party seller has listed. You can see it if you click "New (2) from $89.00 + $7.99 shipping".

hmm I personally doubt all that is on that boat all at once, while it's plausible, I'm sure it depends on how they do production.

I would be willing to bet they manufactor one batch of boxes at a time. Core boxes, then upgrade x, upgrade y etc.  Would they really hold all of that inventory in China to ride in the same boat all at the same time?  I kinda doubt that. Especially when the product needs to get to numerous places across the globe and that travel time isn't the same.  

I do think that the appearance of a core box in Spain is a bit of an indicator that things like the core box are already done and probably sitting in various store houses ready or nearly for distribution in anticipation of demand.

We know that FFG wants to release all of the initial stuff all at the same time. Thank the maker for that, as I think that's really going to help the initial experience with the game. I think it's the release strategy that's probably more driving the 'on the boat' status as compared to it actually being on the boat or more like parts on the boat, parts delivered, that kind of thing. 

Anyway I'd bet a pod racer we're looking at a February release.

2 minutes ago, DarkTemplars said:

After the RuneWars release fiasco, I'm sure that all the wave 1 stuff will be released within 2 weeks of the core set. I hope they do Core, AT-ST, and T47 for the first release. Then the core xpacs 2 weeks later. 

I doubt they would do that as you would have to buy at least the trooper core xpacs to have a proper army

2 hours ago, Jabby said:

I doubt they would do that as you would have to buy at least the trooper core xpacs to have a proper army

Well, you could with multiple core sets, just like you would have to do with RuneWars. Plus, it would only be 2 weeks which is pretty good compared to most of their other releases. 

8 minutes ago, Mep said:

At this rate Amazon will say the game released weeks ago.

Amazon just shows whatever the third party sellers say. If you told Amazon you're a game shop with Legion in stock, then they would! :D

6 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

my LGS swears this is coming out "next month". 

That's within the realm of possibility. 

A "typical" timeline is 4-8 weeks on the boat, 2 weeks shipping to stores. Assuming an middle-of-the-road boat duration of 6 weeks, that'd be mid February. 

But it wouldn't be *unheard of* to go from on the boat to shipping in 3 weeks. It's happened in the past, occasionally (including Armada's wave 3, I think?).

Given 2 weeks shipping to stores, that would make a Thursday release on January 25th. So, it could happen; although it's by far the most aggressive estimate.

February 1st, 8th, or 15th are more in line with historical boat times, but the information on the upcoming page isn't always exact nor reliable (the AT-ST and Airspeeder completely skipped "at the printer", for instance), so we're always half guessing.