BlodVargarna

Obligatory film ranking thread

On 24/12/2017 at 1:01 PM, Fred5000TM said:

That's a bit harsh on VII - it's bad, but not worst this century. I enjoyed watching it.   Where does VIII come on your list?  And I like Ewoks :)

I should rephrase - VII wasn't the worst movie of the century, but the biggest letdown of the century (Phantom Menace was '99).

I'll be watching VIII tomorrow, so we'll see if Disney can improve.

IV

V

R1

Tossup for 4th: VI, VII, VIII,

After those fall randomly into place: Clone Wars and Rebels replaced the prequels for me.

That’s not to say I won’t watch the prequels and enjoy them. They’re just way at the bottom because I prefer the way the story is told without them.

Special Editions don’t exist. 

Edited by jmswood

V, IV, VII, VI, VIII, R1, III (these three are kind of interchangeable, all three having great flaws and great moments, VIII might jump up to VI level, though), I, II.

Actually I rather have buckets than a ranking, with V in the best bucket, followed by IV and VII, followed by VI, VIII, R1, and III with VI floating on top, followed by the rest of the prequels. In these buckets usually the movie I've seen most recently is on top, only VI and  I stay on top consistently (but are still enjoyed less by me than the next higher buckets movies). I do watch and enjoy all of them, though.

On 27.12.2017 at 9:41 AM, Admiral Deathrain said:

V, IV, VII, VI, VIII, R1, III (these three are kind of interchangeable, all three having great flaws and great moments, VIII might jump up to VI level, though), I, II.

Actually I rather have buckets than a ranking, with V in the best bucket, followed by IV and VII, followed by VI, VIII, R1, and III with VI floating on top, followed by the rest of the prequels. In these buckets usually the movie I've seen most recently is on top, only VI and  I stay on top consistently (but are still enjoyed less by me than the next higher buckets movies). I do watch and enjoy all of them, though.

On second viewing VI and VIII have separated into their own bucket with VIII ahead. So now this is:

[V], [VII, IV], [VIII, VI], [R1, III], [I, II]

With each bucket usually floating the most recently seen movie.