brettpkelly

Wave 9 and 10 skirmish map analysis

I disagree with your assessment of the Emperor map. While one VP per post on the a mission may not seem like much, there are 10 of the things out there, in places that you are likely to be at anyways. (What I don't get is why the fact that the battle takes place at dawn has any bearing on an indoor map. Maybe one side or the other cut the power to the building and it is only the skylights for illumination?) With 10vps up for grabs you can get a significant amount of points each round.

The senators mission is awesome. You have to decide whether to risk your senators for the 5 point trade in or you can keep them in the DZ for 3 points a round. The fact that they are figures means they can be pushed around by officers and Gideon as well, leading to some interesting choices in the first few rounds with those units.

Considering the trajectory of the past, I think we are for sure in for a Heart of the Empire map up next. Of the four maps, I think the main box and the emperor are the most likely choices. I would love to see the Maul map as well, though, because both objective sets are fun and interesting. In the original rotation, the Luke map had a similar objective to the gangsters (featuring Tusken Raiders) and it didn't break everything.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy
Luke, not Loop

I would assume that the courier droids in Ahsoka’s scenario are not figures? Would be nice to push them around during play. 

Have they ever skipped a wave? My guess all along has been that the next map comes from the droid wave since they’ll still have one or two chances to get a HotE scenario in rotation before worlds. 

44 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

I would assume that the courier droids in Ahsoka’s scenario are not figures? Would be nice to push them around during play. 

Have they ever skipped a wave? My guess all along has been that the next map comes from the droid wave since they’ll still have one or two chances to get a HotE scenario in rotation before worlds. 

They're not figures so I don't think you can push them

I was looking forward to the article, but didn't have time to read it up until now.

I agree with what has been written above about the Palpatine map:

Especially the senator mission is awesome and lends itself to many nice plays. In a game I played, I used a senator as a meat shield to block an end of round attack from Han, and used it in such a way that the turn after my guys had a shot without Han shooting back. So you can use them for guaranteed points, try to score points with them, or protect your important guys.

The 1VP mission is less interesting although the accuracy reduction is good for melee lists, which is nice for the meta.

The Ashoka map is also interesting with the doors and the missions aren't bad. The only problem is that if that is chosen, we would have 3 maps with 'stashes'. Which is kinda bland (even though I prefer this one over Nal Hutta)

On 12/17/2017 at 10:39 AM, ThatJakeGuy said:

I disagree with your assessment of the Emperor map. While one VP per post on the a mission may not seem like much, there are 10 of the things out there, in places that you are likely to be at anyways. (What I don't get is why the fact that the battle takes place at dawn has any bearing on an indoor map. Maybe one side or the other cut the power to the building and it is only the skylights for illumination?) With 10vps up for grabs you can get a significant amount of points each round.

When we played this map we were definitely making about 4-5 vps a round each, which is significant. 

I believe the accuracy issue comes from the sun shining into the massive windows. I basically have this battle every morning at my office ?

53 minutes ago, frotes said:

No need, it's going to be Mos Eisley Back Alleys (Jawa Scavenger) :)

Well we haven't got any HotE maps in rotation yet so any analysis on them is likely useful for future rotations. ;)

Edited by nickv2002