Lightrock

Can you harpoon same ship twice?

I would think so, because as you stated, it's not unique. When you get hit by an attack any and all Harpooned condition cards would trigger, but if you want to get rid of it by performing the Harpooned action, it should only be one at a time because you cannot perform the same action more than once in a round.

Edited by Parravon

it is not possible to have more than 1 harpooned condition on a single ship, though it is not because you cant assign a second one but simply the fact that the timing of when the 2 different effects from the harpooned condition card and the Harpoon missiles assigning effect are applied/resolved.

If the defending ship currently has the harpooned condition assigned and there is an uncancelled crit in the attack results, the condition card will resolve and be removed at step 7 of the combat timing chart.

then after step 10 and the attack has resolved the new harpooned condition will be assigned from the harpoon missiles card effect.

Edited by Mace Windu

22 minutes ago, muribundi said:

And if the harpoon attack do not crit...

"Re-reads Harpoon Missiles..." Smacks own forehead

Yep just ignore me, I have been playing Lok Revenants so long with Harpoons + GC I just assumed you had to land a crit to assign the condition.

No reason you cant have multiple harpooned conditions assigned then.

14 hours ago, muribundi said:

By the way. it is nearly impossible for the second attack to not crit because of GC but who knows...

If it's coming from a ship with only a 2-dice primary - Vader, Quickdraw, The Inquisitor, Tomax Bren - basically all the Imperial missile-boats - you only get a hit not a critical.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

i think requiring a crit to assign the condition would be a great way to reel it in a bit though. Still likely but not guaranteed.
Condition aside its still a strong missile.

But yes you can have multiples on a ship. In theory the 3 ships with Harpoons+EM could assign all 6 to the same ship, if say it was an Upsilon shuttle and kept only taking 1-2 damage but never a crit. Odds of getting more than 2? highly unlikely unless you are intentionally doing that (rerolling your crits)

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

i think requiring a crit to assign the condition would be a great way to reel it in a bit though. Still likely but not guaranteed.

Not really. Thats the same mistake as requiring a crit to trigger. Guidance chips on attack-3 ships anyone?

6 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

If it's coming from a ship with only a 2-dice primary - Vader, Quickdraw, The Inquisitor, Tomax Bren - basically all the Imperial missile-boats - you only get a hit not a critical.

Hooo true :) Forgot that part !

All the 3die ordnance users are scum

Rebels never use their random ordnance and their "special ordnance ship" is literally only used for bombs
Meanwhile the Kimo, Kfighter (he gets a discount so yes he uses missiles alot), and Scurrg all have 3 die attacks and all routinely have ordnance.

still say Cruise Missiles were a welcome ordnance change but harpoons were the definition of powercreep....