Biophysical

In my experience so far, Advanced Optics is one of the real stars of this wave.

Crimson Squadron Pilot (25)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Good luck killing them.

17 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Good luck killing them.

Good luck killing anything with them. You have 3 2-dice attacks, that’s hardly very threatening. 

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

I love it on both VI Poe

Do you think it is good enough to drop Intensity?  Especially with the new PS race 11 is nice to be at.  Plus VI/Optics is 2 points cheaper than Intensity/Comm Relay.

6 minutes ago, Rolotamasi said:

Do you think it is good enough to drop Intensity?  Especially with the new PS race 11 is nice to be at.  Plus VI/Optics is 2 points cheaper than Intensity/Comm Relay.

Absolutely yes.  Intensity Poe is still good but you build him to a budget to fit more in - Intensity, BB8, Primed Thrusters, Autos or Integrated, title.

VI Poe is a beast, especially if you can truck Jan Ors crew along with him and give him evades too.

18 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

VI Poe is a beast, especially if you can truck Jan Ors crew along with him and give him evades too.

Maybe something like this?

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)
R2-D2 (4)

AP-5 (15)
Jan Ors (2)
M9-G8 (3)

AP helps if you want to pull the talon roll of surprise on Poe.  He will already have the token thanks to Optics, then AP will pull the stress, give him an action (conceivably an evade with Jan) then Poe has an open dial to do whatever he wants and boost or another TRoll.  And M9 helps Poe re-roll the offensive blank.

The only down side is keep the space bug close enough to Poe to matter.  Hmm, maybe I should move this to the squad building forum...

Edited by Rolotamasi

14 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I think BB8 vs R2D2 goes begins better vs worse for the points.  They really make him into such a different kind if ship.  BB8 is much more maneuverable and makes better use of Black 1.

To me the way he flies with BB8 is so much more fun that I don't even consider to take R2D2. Might be very matchup dependent - removing 2 TLs from an alpha is huge, but regen is also huge.

BB8 and R2D2 need totally different builds.  BB8 wants Intensity, to combo with Poe's ability to hold focus natually for the round, and Primed Thrusters so that you can still get most of your actions whilst stressed, and particularly still BB8 after tallon rolling or K turning.

R2D2 wants VI, Optics, Autos, to give him the best chance of suffering the least fire possible.

6 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

BB8 is also pretty nice with VI, Optics and Autos. The BB8-Intensity combo is obvious and well established, but also suffers against all those >9PS ships around

I've definitely seen VI/BB8 with Optics do just fine.  It shreds target locks,  and gives you extra maneuverability against almost everything.  It has a nice price point as well I you're building your squad to win via kills instead of time.

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

If you're putting on VI, Optics and Autos, why not go the whole hog and take R2D2?

1) Not enough points. I use him in a squad that can do well, but it's not even close to actually competitive: Poe, Jake and Ezra. I could take the cruisemissiles away, but they add some more fun

2) And way more important: I don't want to win by time, as @Biophysical also mentioned

e: 3) Also important, BB8 is more fun in my opinion

Edited by GreenDragoon

One of the real surprises in the games I've played so far is the Epsilon Squadron Pilot + Advanced Optics for 17 points.  I've only played a few games with them in supporting roles, but they have really been good.  It's probably the toughest 17 points in the game, so you can hang them out there unsupported to block or just make opposing squads deal with them before your main force commits.  They also spend a lot of time blocking, so it's pretty easy to pick up and keep your Focus/TL for the next turn.  As these guys spend a lot of time at Range 1, it's a solid attack for the points.

Edited by Biophysical

26 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

One of the real surprises in the games I've played so far is the Epsilon Squadron Pilot + Advanced Optics for 17 points.  I've only played a few games with them in supporting roles, but they have really been good.  It's probably the toughest 17 points in the game, so you can hang them out there unsupported to block or just make opposing squads deal with them before your main force commits.  They also spend a lot of time blocking, so it's pretty easy to pick up and keep your Focus/TL for the next turn.  As these guys spend a lot of time at Range 1, it's a solid attack for the points.

a pair of blue squadron t70s with flight assist, optics and thrusters and an ace...

This is a list I have used for a casual night game with friends :

"Zeta Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Veteran Instincts 1 / Advanced Optics 2  / Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

Ship Total: 24

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Swarm Leader 3  / Advanced Optics 2 Ship

Total: 25

Epsilon Squadron Pilot — TIE/fo Fighter 15 (x3)

Advanced Optics 2 (x3)

Ship Total: 51

A pleasant list  who give me more use of swarm leader for Omega Ace.

Zeta Leader is a good pocket ace and be a little more tanky with advanced optics than Wired.

Epsilon are here to give evade for Omega Ace and block the enemy ship.

A really nice card, I totally agree ! ;)

Edited by Arkanta974

12 minutes ago, Ravncat said:

a pair of blue squadron t70s with flight assist, optics and thrusters and an ace...

I believe.  You can, do the same thing with two Analysts with FCS, Autothrusters, and Optics with 36 points left for an ace.

Edited by Biophysical