Bullox

Showcase: U-Wing

I'd love to paint like 15 or more, but I can't justify having more than two in my collection. It's an awesome model, but play-wise it's outclassed by other ships like the Auzituk.

I'd love to see this ship and the Lambda get some kind of buff. Maybe in the form of new pilots (some EPTs alone would go a long way!).

I may eventually break down and buy a third in order to mod it to look like Hera's U-wing:

http://gph.is/2nppNU6

Or just paint one up like Saw's

403-404-bts-gallery-12_8ecef2c4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1368%2C1000

Edited by Force Majeure

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Force Majeure said:

Or just paint one up like Saw's

WIP, I've got Saw Gerrera's U-Wing in my paint box right now. So far I have given up on prying it apart to squeeze LEDs in it, primed it grey, and base coated it white. Tonight I begin the black razzle-dazzle stripes...will (of course) post pics when done.

I do wish they were more viable in competitive formats, they can fill certain niches well - but end up being soft and squishy. Then again they are troop landers, not starfighters...

--

Edit (2/13/18): Due to the "Save the Dream" article I will now be repainting a Grey, Green, or Red squadron U-Wing instead of Saw Gerrera's... (I won't due Gold because yellow...)

Edited by ZealuxMyr

I have done a little touch-up work on my U wing. I decided to stay with the original design and simply touch up the paint to remove the weathering and make it seem a little more new. I did some work on the window and engine glow. I think maybe I went too subtle though I need to just finish off with some ink on the front blue panel.

VGfvXNe.jpg?1

L0ZMd2K.jpg?1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Force Majeure said:

You'd think that some independent thinker with some business sense would have kickstarted a replacement cannon business of some kind on etsy, ebay or similar.

If you know of one dear reader, lets us know!

Alien Luxury Miniatures has a lot of replacement cannons on Shapeways. I don't think there are any for the U-Wing sadly...