Jump to content
Bullox

Showcase: Gozanti-class Cruiser

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ZealuxMyr said:

LED Engine Modification

JltYxFw.jpg

jK1fMBu.jpg

zCnO1DU.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS: Gozanti/FO

Currently working on model detailing, FO sigils for the red tailings on the hull, scratch building 1:270 bridge to be backlit by LED fiber optics, and installing the LED engines.

mtiE4AR.jpg

tMwMoFO.jpg

lhGaj4Y.jpg

*Jaw drops in awe* Nice job! love that FO Gozanti! Wow... If I had a quarter of your skills...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

*Jaw drops in awe* Nice job! love that FO Gozanti! Wow... If I had a quarter of your skills...

Thank you :) 

The paint scheme and straightness of the lines is thanks to the roll of Tamiya brand tape you see lying next to the model and a Badger airbrush.

The electrical...well, let's just say I don't show my wiring because I am not very gifted with the soldering gun...but hey, it works! :P

Black of the ship: I base coated in Tamiya Black X-1, a gloss black, and then dry brushed Citadel Abaddon Black (matte) over it. This has become my favorite way to provide depth and perspective to ships that are black in color, otherwise you really loose the model's detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished an LED mod today.  Quite happy with how it came out.  Pretty similar to what others have done, except perhaps that I used a Qi receiver to charge the little LiPo so I didn't need a charge port or to open it up.  I don't think I'll do that for the next project, since I'll probably do a Raider, and will have more space and also want the ports accessible.

Result pic:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKWyGwx6HmMjYkWmmrN5Y5w1pCNbQ

Album w/ in progress pics: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AmKWyGwx6HmMjYkQ-g9qKgn_9sYnJg

Sorry for not embedding, the forum won't take my OneDrive shared images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 12:40 PM, ZealuxMyr said:

LED Engine Modification

JltYxFw.jpg

jK1fMBu.jpg

zCnO1DU.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS: Gozanti/FO

Currently working on model detailing, FO sigils for the red tailings on the hull, scratch building 1:270 bridge to be backlit by LED fiber optics, and installing the LED engines.

mtiE4AR.jpg

tMwMoFO.jpg

lhGaj4Y.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be around the Central Illinois area would you..? I saw a gozanti with JUST that shade of lights the other day at a tourney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:25 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

You wouldn't happen to be around the Central Illinois area would you..? I saw a gozanti with JUST that shade of lights the other day at a tourney.

Nope - but I'm not surprised you saw the same shade of light, they're nothing special: just standard 470nm blue LEDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, tmetal said:

First time trying to use masking tape and spray paints.  It looks good enough for me to be happy with it so I re-christened her the "Valkyrie"

gozanti.jpg

gozanti2.jpg

That's some nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

anyone know if the Gozanit can dock vessels other than TIE variants? either in canon or on  the model (without too much work to it.)

On Rebels it  deploys imperial walkers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

not sure why you'd say that in response to a question.

Maybe I'm missing something since English is not my mother tongue. A Gozanti carrying U-Wings? I haven't seen that. Whatever. A Gozanti can pick two AT-ATs, so technically can pick easily at least two U-Wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Minaith said:

Maybe I'm missing something since English is not my mother tongue. A Gozanti carrying U-Wings? I haven't seen that. Whatever. A Gozanti can pick two AT-ATs, so technically can pick easily at least two U-Wings.

i have not been deep into the star wars lore for some time now, and for the backstory of my fleet i'm just inquiring if the gozanti has ever been depicted carrying any other class of starfighter/bomber/transport in cartoons/comics/books/etc.

i imagine that yes if it can carry an AT-AT it could be retrofitted to carry U-Wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

i have not been deep into the star wars lore for some time now, and for the backstory of my fleet i'm just inquiring if the gozanti has ever been depicted carrying any other class of starfighter/bomber/transport in cartoons/comics/books/etc.

i imagine that yes if it can carry an AT-AT it could be retrofitted to carry U-Wings.

Anyway, the deal is to carry things with no hyperdrive engines or speed enough. U-Wings are themselves a transport, full equiped. Are you making a Rebel Gozanti?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...