Darth Drago

Google Drive Picture Question

7 posts in this topic

Do Google Drive pictures not work for everyone?  Imgur does not work for me (school Chromebook) so I cannot post using that.  Are there any other kinds of picture uploading websites?

I have never gotten Drive to work.

I like Pinterest. It seems to be a nice, well-moderated, safe, hobby-oriented website so your school's firewall probably won't mind it. You can get an account for free and create your own board to upload photos to. Once you see your photo in Pinterest, keep clicking on it until you get a window open with just the picture. Then copy that URL and paste it into the FFG forum. This forum will (hopefully) automatically imbed the link. If not, use the Insert Other Media > Insert Image From URL thingy at the bottom of the reply box.

I think I've had decent success with Google Drive. I just have a couple folders committed to sharing on the forums and share them with links. I think it's worked alright, I'm just not sure how many people end up following the link.

This generally works for when I'm posting random pics and gifs off the google images, etc.:  right-click the image and copy. Then paste into your post. Not sure if that will work with a Chromebook.

If I'm posting pics from my imgur, I copy/paste the BBC code.

Edited by Force Majeure

Thanks.  I tried Pinterest (Didn't work.  Blocked also.  It seems as if they have blocked everything that's not school related (Thankfully that doesn't include the forum!))

I will keep searching for a better alternative, but in the meantime, I will have to continue using Google Drive. 

@Kieransi if you have a Gmail account, Google Drive is already attached to it.  If you don't, dismiss this comment.

Right cli... @Force Majeure said it already.... (@#$!@$# God I spend most of my posting time on here immediately echoing what Force just said... <_<, gonna deliberately not do that anymore).

If I click the 'link' button in the upper right on my google photos, doesn't work on these boards... 

if I copy/paste the URL from the address bar, doesn't work on these boards...

If I right click the image and "Copy Image Address" and Insert media that way, it does work on these boards. Go Figure.

edit; and if you're logged in to your google account anywhere else, just pop into photos.google.com and shazam, you're in your... photos...

Edited by juxstapo

On 17/12/2017 at 0:45 AM, Darth Drago said:

Thanks.  I tried Pinterest (Didn't work.  Blocked also.  It seems as if they have blocked everything that's not school related (Thankfully that doesn't include the forum!))

I will keep searching for a better alternative, but in the meantime, I will have to continue using Google Drive. 

@Kieransi if you have a Gmail account, Google Drive is already attached to it.  If you don't, dismiss this comment.

Blocked huh? VPN!