ElSuave

Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

On 15/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, Hannibal_pjv said:

Not likely. So far deluxes has not introduced new factions... And most likely not in here neither.

Netrunner and conquest used deluxe expansions to add new factions.

9 hours ago, SideshowLucifer said:

Adding in new factions in either a cycle or deluxe set makes sense. 

I'm pretty happy with the new way they are releasing Strongholds. It allows them to theme the entire pack to that type of playstyle.

I feel the same way, it could also mean we can easily get a new clan pack for each clan every other year or so, depending on how they release everything. It might not keep your clan's current dominant theme, but would expand on another theme, such as berserkers for the Crab or tattoos for the Dragon.

2 minutes ago, Tetsuro said:

Why does Isawa Tadaka look anorexic?

Because a weird visual effect the art has. 

Look more closely, and take a look at the art on the front of the pack, not the card. Part of his torso kind of mix with the background color, so he seems slimmer than he really is. 

The Phoenix pack makes me sad. The 6-coster may force people to run Cloud more often. Even if they play me, it will hurt my Ujiaki, LPB, Spiritcaller, etc......

That said, if the Lion are also getting a (decent?) Shugenja in this pack, I may run Miya Mystic as well. Not only to run Cloud, but it would be a poor-man's Let Go in a pinch.

1 hour ago, Shu2jack said:

The Phoenix pack makes me sad. The 6-coster may force people to run Cloud more often. Even if they play me, it will hurt my Ujiaki, LPB, Spiritcaller, etc......

That said, if the Lion are also getting a (decent?) Shugenja in this pack, I may run Miya Mystic as well. Not only to run Cloud, but it would be a poor-man's Let Go in a pinch.

219o32.jpg

Edited by theaficionado

Well, it is negativity, but I feel Unicorn will get their Clan Pack last or second-to-last. :P

Now, what would be nice is to know how often these clan packs will come out, and what their legality on the long run will be... Maybe we'll get an official announcement soon? :)

I heard some people arguing that in GoT LCG the first clans to receive the packs didn't became stronger than others and etc.. I really doubt this with this cards. At least they are leading Phoenix to another power level.

Forget that magistrate bastard.

Imagine a Phoenix / Uni heavy attachments deck.

The new stronghold provides you 6X against the waves, and you can also run 2-3 Gaijin Customs and Spyglass, talisman, Iuchi wayfinder, etc.. 

Plus the 2 conflicts per turn water shugenja. 

And the fire chicken bringing kaede / water shugenja / atsuko back from grave.

I think is nice that Phoenix are getting the pack first, after unicorn they really needed most reinforcements after the core set (and they've got many with the imperial cycle already), but I bet this will be one of the (perhaps the) strongest deck now on.

Just hoping they don't launch a clan pack after each cycle, it will be great if they lauch a clan per month and just after that release the new cycle (we can dream, don't we :rolleyes:).

14 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Because a weird visual effect the art has. 

Look more closely, and take a look at the art on the front of the pack, not the card. Part of his torso kind of mix with the background color, so he seems slimmer than he really is. 

The guy is in roid rage after a successful cut, pissed off on his sensei and poor fu leng going to take the most of the beating.

9 hours ago, theaficionado said:

219o32.jpg

What if I told you, the Miya Mystic was for Cloud (which can be used against Phoenix) and the ability to discard attachments can be useful against other clans - meaning the Mystic can be valuable in other match ups?

http://www.edgeent.com/home/check_public_gallery/l5c08_gallery_1_es

l5c08_gallery_1_es

So the Role (Support of the Phoenix) allows to splash 8 more influence points if spent towards Phoenix cards

The province cannot be used on the stronghold, and chars add their glory to the conflict instead of skills

Edited by franzvong

3 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

So the role helps other people play Phoenix? I wonder if there is another side to it that works for Phoenix decks?

I don't think so. I can't read the card number (if anyone can, I'd like to know), but it's only a single character. If there was another side to this role, it would have an A or B at the end.

15 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

So the role helps other people play Phoenix? I wonder if there is another side to it that works for Phoenix decks?

Nah, I think there will be a similar role in all the other Clan Packs.

The question is how to use it: is it an additional role that adds to the official one (I doubt it), or it's a free-to-use role that cannot be selected at Worlds, but it's valid for tournaments?

3 minutes ago, franzvong said:

Nah, I think there will be a similar role in all the other Clan Packs.

The question is how to use it: is it an additional role that adds to the official one (I doubt it), or it's a free-to-use role that cannot be selected at Worlds, but it's valid for tournaments?

I agree with other Clan Packs having similar roles. As for how to use it, I hope they plan to make the role selection free for each player (as it should have been all along, imo).