Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

1 hour ago, Radix2309 said:

Tyranids  and Necrons in Conquest.

Smugglers and Scum in Star Wars

Martell and Greyjoy in AGOT 1st

Silver Twilight in Call of Cthulthu

Smugglers and Scum were in the core box

The other games are old news

I understand that playing the Interrupt on Yogo Kiyuko is free as it has been said in this topic and in the news post. However, I don't understand why. Can anybody point me to the rule/explain to my why? I guess it is because by rule only events have a cost when played from out of hand?

On release schedule: This may be only in my head, but from the news post I guess the feeling clan pack is what replaces deluxe expansion.

Somewhere between a Dynasty Pack and the deluxe expansions found in our other Living Card Games

The "other LCG" part lead me to believe that deluxe expansions won't be a thing, or will be a lot more different than other LCG. That said, I think that means clan packs will be release close to one another like the imperial cycle.

2 minutes ago, Necrogoat said:

They way they handled the LCG's 'till now

No other LCG (I have played) had faction specific packs or had the first Cycle released as L5R has, so thus far FFG has done things differently for L5R

If they do release some kind of Deluxe box I hope it will be something similiar to Star Wars’  Balance of the Force (but better) or Netrunner’s Terminal Directive

27 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

No other LCG (I have played) had faction specific packs or had the first Cycle released as L5R has, so thus far FFG has done things differently for L5R

If they do release some kind of Deluxe box I hope it will be something similiar to Star Wars’  Balance of the Force (but better) or Netrunner’s Terminal Directive

I hope deluxe (if there is any) will be more a "small core box" than clan things. Some box that give to every clan, making the story advance a lot, or creating a new storyline to follow, with the cards to back this new story.

I'm hoping for the next cycle to start up in March and run through August, with another Clan pack in September and then a deluxe Mantis expansion in November to set up for the holiday shopping. I don't mind having to wait for the Lion clan pack if it means we keep getting great releases. I think every single pack of the IC has had at least one card for me to mix into my Lion/Crab deck.

7 hours ago, Mangod said:

I dunno, some guy who was Yogo family daimyo, opened a black scroll, became an undead sorcerer, raised a demonic army, wrought untold destruction upon Rokugan and ushered in the return of the dark god Fu Leng.

Y'know, nobody important. ;)

In fact, he was just one of many bringing about the Second Day of Thunder. Other formidable, tainted individuals, like Kitsune Gohei, or Isawa Tanayama did contribute a lot to the cause. However, Junzo was the one around who the biggest Shadowlands army organized around, so he became the visible, fleshless face of the threat, and because of that, the first playable version of the Shadowlands was called "Yogo Junxzo's Army".

Right now, he is just the Yogo family daimyo, a faithful servant of his lord Shoju, and trusted keeper of a Black Scroll.

7 hours ago, Brekekekiwi said:

However, both those factions were known to be coming from the core set.

I'd argue the same could be said of Mantis, Shadowlands and Naga just based on mention in early stories and the fact we know that FFG gained a lot of art assets for all three when they purchased the game from AEG.

22 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

I'd argue the same could be said of Mantis, Shadowlands and Naga just based on mention in early stories and the fact we know that FFG gained a lot of art assets for all three when they purchased the game from AEG.

When FFG released conquest they specifically said these 2 factions were being released in expansions soon after.  I don't think you could say the same for FFG as they released it with only the 7 great clans, and only after release have we seen anything hinting at a stronger Mantis presence, and still no confirmation on a release.

29 minutes ago, shosuko said:

and still no confirmation on a release.

As we all can confirm with the current Clan Pack announcement, FFG doesn't confirm until... they do. Also, they are breaking a lot of their "rules" with L5R (6 Clan/6 Weeks; Clan Packs instead of Deluxes), so past precedent cannot be taken for granted. In short, any guess is worth as much as any other.

Edited by Mon no Oni

I wonder, with the release of the first carded vassal family, will be seeing one for each clan?

Also, no Minor Clans yet... may be a deluxe set containing primarily unaligned Mantis Clan, but also a few of other ones, as well as mechanically related Great Clan stuff, so that everybody has to buy the box anyway, you know...

41 minutes ago, Drudenfusz said:

So, these packs are then supposed to stay legal like deluxe boxes or do they count as cycle and will thus eventually get removed from tournament play?

It has not been stated, so it would just be a guess. I can see them being like dynasty packs in that they rotate out, that way if certain cards need reprinting, they can reprint them in clan packs. With that being said, there hasn't been a reason to reprint any cards from an lcg release besides the netrunner core set 2.0, so not much precedent to go on. Who knows what FFG plans on doing with them?

Edited by Chupacabra52

15 hours ago, Mangod said:

I dunno, some guy who was Yogo family daimyo, opened a black scroll, became an undead sorcerer, raised a demonic army, wrought untold destruction upon Rokugan and ushered in the return of the dark god Fu Leng.

Y'know, nobody important. ;)

That was just a dream  you had. None of that has happened. ;)

6 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

As we all can confirm with the current Clan Pack announcement, FFG doesn't confirm until... they do. Also, they are breaking a lot of their "rules" with L5R (6 Clan/6 Weeks; Clan Packs instead of Deluxes), so past precedent cannot be taken for granted. In short, any guess is worth as much as any other.

We don't actually know yet if they're instead of or in addition to deluxe expansions.  It could be either.

7 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

I wonder, with the release of the first carded vassal family, will be seeing one for each clan?

Crab and Unicorn have 5 major families. 

Crane, Dragon, Lion and Scorpion have 4 major families. 

The Phoenix is the only clan with just 3 major families. So it makes sense that we received a vassal familie. 

It was either that or annexing the Unicorn so they start being useful. 

Edited by Tabris2k

16 hours ago, Radix2309 said:

Tyranids  and Necrons in Conquest.

Smugglers and Scum in Star Wars

Martell and Greyjoy in AGOT 1st

Silver Twilight in Call of Cthulthu

Tyranids and Necrons were announced in the core set.

Smugglers and Scum were in the Core Set (each had 1 objective set in addition to the affiliation card).

Martell and Greyjoy were in the Core Set. Also, the first cycle of AGoT LCG 1st ed. was published before the Core Set (the Core Set came out in 2008 and this cycle came out in 2007), as part of the transition from CCG to LCG (note that both Greyjoy and Martell already existed in the CCG).

That leaves only CoC.

So People,

Do you think we will get:

Dinasty Packs
Clan Packs
Delux Expansions

All the three?

Or maybe Clan Packs take out Deluxe Expansions as we know??

Edited by yonkon