ElSuave

Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

2 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Obviously she is meant as a counter to the Phoenix, but does that mean she has to be completely worthless in any other situation?

Completely worthless would be "You can't play this without using the interrupt." As it is, she's just bad value, but still a functional card, outside of her optimal use scenario. And yeah, I think that's about right. You're overpaying in the wrong situations, to make up for getting a free interrupt + 2/2 body in the right situations. High risk, high reward. It's pretty much the standard meta card. "I'm having trouble with my Phoenix match up, so I'm running this card I normally wouldn't run to improve that match." If it were a reasonable body, they'd have to tone down the strength of the effect (like, a 2-fate 2/2 with the interrupt ability, but you have to pay for the character either way). Which isn't necessarily a bad idea, I agree, but as printed, she's got to be pretty bad outside of her niche use because it's a whammy.

Basically, I see it like Miya Mystic. I wouldn't normally run mystic, but if everyone starts running 2+ cost attachments, or if my worst matchup does, I'll consider mystic. It's a terrible body, but if you can proc the effect it be comes worth it. Similarly, if everyone starts splashing Display of Power or some other great event, or if Phoenix becomes a backbreaking matchup, you can start running this.

1 hour ago, shosuko said:

While blocking a spell could be nice this is basically only good against Phoenix, against every other match up its just a 3 cost for 2/2...  horrible. 

Friggin' non-Unicorn players are spoiled.  :P  Or Unicorn is in bad enough shape when I'd seriously consider playing a Conflict character that's 2/2 for 3.

2 hours ago, shosuko said:

Obviously she is meant as a counter to the Phoenix, but does that mean she has to be completely worthless in any other situation?

At least she can trigger cloud the mind.

And who knows, there might be some annoying spells from other clans later on...*cough* Black Scrolls *cough*

4 hours ago, shosuko said:

The worst is that its ANOTHER conflict character... and we can only have 10 in the deck...  There is no way in I would drop a conflict character for this...

Agreed with everything you said, not working on spell attachments is seriously lame, and I am very much not a fan of how heavy theyre going into conflict characters as Scorpion with a hard upper limit on that card type for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Is it bad that I kinda hope all the other clans' "counter Phoenix" characters are also conflict characters, so I can have my choice of splash options for the mirror match?

Dont be daft, only the Scorpion gets lumbered with that crap. Our magistrate is a conflict character too. Care to suggest a reason why that would be? 

25 minutes ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

Dont be daft, only the Scorpion gets lumbered with that crap. Our magistrate is a conflict character too. Care to suggest a reason why that would be? 

Hmm...I guess FFG decided they want you to have to pick which nice things you get? Lion seems to be the only clan exempt from that. 

9 hours ago, Isawa Syd said:

Best stronghold ever. Obfuscation every turn, yes please 

I understood that reference!

Definitely seems to blow Isawa Mori Seidō our of the water. Repeatable Against the Waves and Supernatural Storm is excellent.

Seems like a very strong haul for Phoenix, can’t wait to overload Tetsu! A strong Shiba at last! Not impressed by the Scorpion though, way too specific unless Phoenix absolutely dominate your meta.

10 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Yeah I hope so to.  Release of one per month or quicker.

Ignore that screaming sound. That's just my wallet complaining.

I remember what FFG did with the Call of Cthulhu LCG: towards the last they only did One -faction- deluxe-expansions for each faction. And they were released months apart. I think I waited abot a year before the Hastur expansion came out.

One year? A big reason to be happy. In AGoT my 2 main factions are Targaryen and Greyjoy. The game is now going on for 2 years, but thos 2 boxes are not in sight... there were Lannister, Stark, Nightswatch & Tyrell 'till now, next one is Martell in about 6 Months, after this i guess it will be Baratheon. So i have to wait about 3 years for 1 of my 2 boxes because they are the last in line. And with the last box the rotation starts........ 

Edited by Necrogoat

7 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

¿Por qué no los dos?

Porque somos Unicornio.:P Nice things are for other Clans.:P

Wait, after Moto Juro and other Imperial Cycle cards, do we get to keep complaining*? *ponders*

Togashi Mitsu for Dragon Pack. Utaku Kamoko for Unicorn Pack. Yogo Junzo for Scorpion Pack. Doji Kuwanan for Crane Pack. Kuni Yori for Crab Pack. Matsu Tsuko for Lion Pack. There, wild predictions.

* that much

21 hours ago, Necrogoat said:

I'm pretty shure they do it like the deluxe boxes. so 1 at every end of a cycle. 1 cycle is normal about 6 months (1 Pack/Month), so with 7 clans you have 3,5 years

This assumption is based on what?

20 hours ago, Hellvlad said:

So basically,  we can safely assume now that each clan will have their own pack, which means that the deluxe expansions will most certainly be new factions.

Based on what?

How many other active LCG have had new factions introduced later on?

And I don’t mean those novelty factions like Adam or Apex from Netrunner.

Edited by cheapmate

52 minutes ago, Bayushi Tsubaki said:

Aramoro is totally next. Who is Yogo Junzo? ;)

I dunno, some guy who was Yogo family daimyo, opened a black scroll, became an undead sorcerer, raised a demonic army, wrought untold destruction upon Rokugan and ushered in the return of the dark god Fu Leng.

Y'know, nobody important. ;)

9 minutes ago, Mangod said:

I dunno, some guy who was Yogo family daimyo, opened a black scroll, became an undead sorcerer, raised a demonic army, wrought untold destruction upon Rokugan and ushered in the return of the dark god Fu Leng.

Y'know, nobody important. ;)

Yogo Junzo?  Oh yeah, the big bad guy destroyed on the Day of Thunder by our most powerful horse.  

15 minutes ago, BCumming said:

Yogo Junzo?  Oh yeah, the big bad guy destroyed on the Day of Thunder by our most powerful horse.  

Hachiman was the true thunder of the Unicorn. He should have gone to trample Fu Leng instead of Kamoko.:lol:

1 hour ago, cheapmate said:

Based on what?

How many other active LCG have had new factions introduced later on?

And I don’t mean those novelty factions like Adam or Apex from Netrunner.

Tyranids  and Necrons in Conquest.

Smugglers and Scum in Star Wars

Martell and Greyjoy in AGOT 1st

Silver Twilight in Call of Cthulthu

2 hours ago, Wintersong said:

Porque somos Unicornio.:P Nice things are for other Clans.:P

Wait, after Moto Juro and other Imperial Cycle cards, do we get to keep complaining*? *ponders*

Togashi Mitsu for Dragon Pack. Utaku Kamoko for Unicorn Pack. Yogo Junzo for Scorpion Pack. Doji Kuwanan for Crane Pack. Kuni Yori for Crab Pack. Matsu Tsuko for Lion Pack. There, wild predictions.

* that much

Dios te oiga. Dragon is the only clan with no O5R characters in the Imperial Cycle. I expect they give us Gennai or Tamori (probably not this one, as he is the daimyo) in the Phoenix pack.